*** The Official iOS 14 Thread ***

Soldato
had worse on my XS, 6 months old, battery would last me from 9am to 9am with a good percentage left, then i started getting low or no battery around tea time from a full charge at 9am and phone started to get really hot, so a full reset and restore and everything is back to normal now

I've been using iphone for 8 years and have never actually had to do this. What's the best way to do it? Back up to itunes, factory reset and restore?

Associate
I've been using iphone for 8 years and have never actually had to do this. What's the best way to do it? Back up to itunes, factory reset and restore?
Yes exactly what I did and it restores everything back from the cloud,even better if you have an iPad in your name you just let the camera take a photo of cloudy circle(don’t know the name of it ) and it completes the setup

Soldato
Apple have just released iOS 14.1

iOS 14.1 includes improvements and bug fixes for your ‌iPhone‌.

- Adds support for 10-bit HDR video playback and edit in ‌Photos‌ for ‌iPhone‌ 8 and later
- Addresses an issue where some ‌widgets‌, folders, and icons were showing up in reduced size on the Home Screen
- Addresses an issue where dragging ‌widgets‌ on the ‌Home Screen‌ could remove apps from folders
- Fixes an issue where some emails in Mail were sent from an incorrect alias
- Fixes an issue that could prevent incoming calls from displaying region information
- Fixes an issue on some devices where selecting zoomed display mode and an alphanumeric passcode could result in the Lock Screen emergency call button overlapping with the text input box
- Addresses an issue where some users were occasionally unable to download or add songs to their library while viewing an album or playlist
- Fixes an issue that could prevent zeroes from appearing in Calculator
- Resolves an issue where streaming video resolution could temporarily be reduced at the start of playback
- Fixes an issue that prevented setting up a family member’s Apple Watch for some users
- Resolves an issue where the Apple Watch case material was displayed incorrectly in the Apple Watch app
- Addresses an issue in the Files app that could cause some MDM-managed cloud service providers to incorrectly display content as unavailable
- Improves compatibility with Ubiquiti wireless access points
- Some features may not be available for all regions or on all Apple devices. For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website:
https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222

Associate
iOS 14.0.1 ringer volume goes down all by itself.. Please help me fixing this issue (iPhone 11 Pro Max)

A while since you posted this but I have same issue on an XS Max. Set the ringer volume up then some time later it ends up muted and miss calls/txts. Have no idea why it’s doing this other than it’s something to do with do not disturb. I’ll take more notice of when it’s happening.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I was just forced to update to 14.1 on my ageing SE (blocked mobile signal & data).
Error updating, so had to factory restore. Now error setting up. Thanks for bricking my phone, *****!

Man of Honour
They have, however taken the LogMeIn price hilarity for their premium products and increased the cost hugely. But this is probably getting quite off topic for an iOS 14 thread, so all in all use whatever password manager you want :) Except for sticky notes.
After a few UI issues, plus my mrs always forgetting her passwords, I made the move to 1Password today. I prefer the Chrome plugin and overall it feels more polished.

Soldato
After a few UI issues, plus my mrs always forgetting her passwords, I made the move to 1Password today. I prefer the Chrome plugin and overall it feels more polished.

Yeah I am probably going to end up moving to 1Password once this years Dashlane Premium has run out, a lot of people giving it rave reviews.

Soldato
Yeah I am probably going to end up moving to 1Password once this years Dashlane Premium has run out, a lot of people giving it rave reviews.

I did the same switch earlier this year and I've been very happy. I find 1Password to be a better product than Dashlane, especially the web browser plugins which would frequently fail to work on Dashlane meaning I had to copy and paste which is a pain in the arse.

Soldato
Hmmm, not sure if it’s a bug in iOS or WhatsApp. But the new emojis aren’t enlarged if you send them separately. And if you send from iOS to android, there’s a coloured block next to them. Probably the thing that’s making WhatsApp think it should display non-enlarged ones. This is outrageous, I can’t cope.

Associate
Anyone else found since the last update that the phone keeps turning the Volume down on earphones? like every half hour or so and then gives a "based on your headphone usage over the last seven days, the volume has been turned down to protect your hearing" I have the Reduce loud sounds option switched off but its still happening!

Soldato
Anyone else found since the last update that the phone keeps turning the Volume down on earphones? like every half hour or so and then gives a "based on your headphone usage over the last seven days, the volume has been turned down to protect your hearing" I have the Reduce loud sounds option switched off but its still happening!

me too, driving me mad.

Soldato
My Mum’s iPhone X battery is draining really badly for some reason. The Battery section shows the ‘Exposure Notifications’ thing used 49% of her battery in the previous 24 hours. My XS Max used 6%. Asked some friends and theirs are similar to mine. Any idea why it would be draining it so badly? :eek:

Soldato
My Mum’s iPhone X battery is draining really badly for some reason. The Battery section shows the ‘Exposure Notifications’ thing used 49% of her battery in the previous 24 hours. My XS Max used 6%. Asked some friends and theirs are similar to mine. Any idea why it would be draining it so badly? :eek:

The higher % might simply be from the fact that there isn't much other battery usage? My exposure notification battery usage is 69% in the last 24 hours because I haven't used my phone much. The battery might either need replacing, or it might be other things like notifications, push email, background app refresh, location services etc? I often turn off the phone and turn it on. Put it into airplane mode, disable bluetooth and see how it drains overnight. I would expect it to only drop a few % overnight when doing nothing. If it drains a lot more, you can then look into other causes, software etc. might be worth a go?

Back
Top Bottom