Call of Duty 17: Black Ops Cold War

Caporegime
Tried to play the Beta, game wouldn’t load past the checking files section and CTD three times. No errors, no messages. Tried the latest nvidia drivers as I was one release behind. It did load in safe mode, went to change the graphics settings, hard locked my PC and I had to reset it. Gave up and uninstalled. What a joke.

Associate
I've had a blast playing beta. Gameplay is fantastic and game looks very polished with the miami map being a firm favourite.
Getting 100 to 120 fps with 1080ti at 1440p.

Soldato
So I played the Beta yesterday afternoon for a couple of hours and was doing incredibly well, so well in fact that I fired up Warzone after to compare it. I don't own the new Modern Warefare only Warzone but I suddenly realised that my mouse felt like it was in glue in Warzone compared to Cold War. I have like 100 hours on Warzone and now think I might have been playing all this time with some weird mouse judder problem.

Is Cold War smoother for you?

Associate
I know they have revamped the movement system somewhat (no tactical sprint, mantling is different) but the slide mechanic is just awful. Can go from standing start to faster than usual sprint, and cancel out of that into a vertical jump in next to no time coming round a corner. Hate the fact its in the game.

For me, visibility is also awful in CW. Really struggled in some parts of the map to see players.

I've prepurchased, but strongly considering getting a refund based on this weekends impressions.

Caporegime
I was half-watching a guy playing this on Twitch last night on my second TV screen. When I glanced over at it, it was displaying a screen about waiting for players, displaying images of something Russian and I could swear I was watching normal TV, it was so lifelike.

Soldato
Yes the slide seems completely overpowered, I've also noticed people having real trouble spotting other players, loads of times I could take down multiple people and clearly they couldn't see me as they were looking my direction but not firing back. This never happens in Warzone

Lots of people on reddit saying that this version has gone much more arcadey since the Alpha. It's certainly a lot more fast paced than MW. I wonder if it has as much depth and if it will get boring as the churn is higher. I love the setting and tempted to get it for Zombies and Campaign, need to play some more tonight to decide.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Played the beta for about 15 mins then uninstalled it. No issues with a 2080Ti and 2700X @ 4K max settings. Just very unimpressive.

Also uninstalled Modern Warfare as every time I go to play the damned game it demands massive updates.

Shame really as I used to like the pick up and play of MW but unless you play it daily when you do get around to it it always prompts for another update!

Soldato
Played the beta for about 15 mins then uninstalled it. No issues with a 2080Ti and 2700X @ 4K max settings. Just very unimpressive.

Also uninstalled Modern Warfare as every time I go to play the damned game it demands massive updates.

Shame really as I used to like the pick up and play of MW but unless you play it daily when you do get around to it it always prompts for another update!

This. But managed 10 mins max.
Seems like a free COD MW clone using an updated CSGO engine

Don't care about the massive COD MW updates, luckily I have enough storage and fast internet

Soldato
Tried it for a bit yesterday and enjoyed it. Need to play a bit more but the maps looks really great and played very well. Probably will get it based off that. Hopefully they'll update the Warzone map a huge chunk too...getting a little stale.

Soldato
Well I have really enjoyed the Beta, not much to complain about really. I played the PS4 first weekend and PC version this weekend. I'm at rank 25 which is quite unusual for me as I don't normally like playing betas that much.

Looking forward to playing on release :)

Back
Top Bottom