Games you're playing, and games...

Associate
Welcoming in the dark nights by picking up Prey again. Really enjoying it. Only cost me a fiver! Even the Mrs was looking over my shoulder asking me if the coffee cup was going to attack me haha!

Soldato
Assassin's Creed Odyssey, It's a bloody massive map ! ! !

Started trying to play this again myself, just not enjoying it so far, huge map but story uninteresting and feels like a lot of busy work, usual AC stuff.

Think I'll try another hour and see, if not I'll be sticking it on the members market. So many folks praise this game but after Zelda it feels like a backward step.

Soldato
Shadow of the Tomb Raider (PS4) and mostly enjoying it. Melee combat seems nigh on impossible in the game and the Sun tomb did my nut in last night but got through it after blowing a few blood vessels! Hopefully I'll complete this prior to receiving the PS5.

Next ... I am REALLY looking forward to replaying HZD and TLOU 1/2 on PS5 in parallel with AC:V!

Soldato
I've been playing MudRunner on XB1X via gamepass, not a game i thought i'd like, but i'm really enjoying it. It's a very slow paced game.

I ended up buying a digital copy of Snowrunner premium edition from cdkeys, almost half price compared to the Xbox Store. I'll make a start on that once i finish Mud runner (1 level + 3 free DLC levels left to complete).

Caporegime
Prince of Persia 2008 (PS3) aka 1001 Light Seeds

Still pretty fun although I forgot how annoying some of the boss battles are. Now this one I have played in 4K on PC and it looks beautiful but the PS3 has dem trophies. :D

Associate
Ghost of Tsushima specifically the legends mode - the horde survival is genuinely fun with a good team! Played some gold level last night with me as a Samurai, my mate as an assassin and two randos online as Ronin and Hunter so had a fully balanced team we were absolutely smashing it despite being underlevelled and then all of a sudden got completely overwhelmed by adds some 40/50 odd mobs on screen all going divvy. This game massively surprises me as it STILL remains rock solid stable on the framerate despite all that going on and the netcode shows zero delay in input. How have SP done this despite never having made an online game before is nothing short of incredible.

Soldato
The games I'm genuinely excited for are: Starfield, Diablo 4, Elder Scrolls 6, FF7 Remake Part 2, Dragon Age 4 and possibly Final Fantasy XVI (bit iffy on it right now though). The problem is some of these games are at least 4 years away. I think the earliest game will be Starfield, possibly late 2021 or early 2022 release.

In the meantime I'm mostly looking forward to replaying my favourite games but with new updates: Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster, Witcher 3 nextgen update, Destiny 2's getting an update and new expansion pack, hopefully a FF7 Remake release and update on XSX, and some backwards compatibility updates through XSX.

Soldato
Have just finished up the all main quests and a good chunk of the side missions on Dragon Age: Inquisition, time to crack on and do some of the DLC content. Fantastic game, so glad I have replayed it :D

I do love a good RPG, can just get lost in another world - beats the real one :p

Soldato
Have just finished up the all main quests and a good chunk of the side missions on Dragon Age: Inquisition, time to crack on and do some of the DLC content. Fantastic game, so glad I have replayed it :D

I do love a good RPG, can just get lost in another world - beats the real one :p

Hasn't clicked for me yet, early on using an Archer type build, doesn't seem to be any skill in defeating enemies, I just spam the fire button and arrows aim directly at the enemies and likewise I can't seem to dodge incoming attacks.
Perhaps it changes as I progress, I literally have just started if I'm honest.
I have sealed them green other worldly things
, does the world open up to explore freely

Permabanned

This was a great game, wish I could erase games from my mind and play them again. :p

Caporegime
Hasn't clicked for me yet, early on using an Archer type build, doesn't seem to be any skill in defeating enemies, I just spam the fire button and arrows aim directly at the enemies and likewise I can't seem to dodge incoming attacks.
Perhaps it changes as I progress, I literally have just started if I'm honest.
I have sealed them green other worldly things
, does the world open up to explore freely

It will get harder, believe me! I suppose it can be spammy but also tactical when you change to the overhead view. And you will be able to travel to other places. Some of the locations were jaw dropping back in the day. I suppose they probably still are, I haven't played it for a few years now.

Soldato
It will get harder, believe me! I suppose it can be spammy but also tactical when you change to the overhead view. And you will be able to travel to other places. Some of the locations were jaw dropping back in the day. I suppose they probably still are, I haven't played it for a few years now.

Thanks, I will give it some more time and see if its for me then.

Man of Honour
I’m reaching the end of Yakuza Kiwami 2 and it’s a shame the rest of the series isn’t on game pass. Come on Microsoft, buy Sega already!

Out of the ones on game pass only 1 is weak, 0 and 2 are great games with really engaging stories and characters, along with lots of Japanese craziness.

Associate
Just had to give up on Horace as while it's a story driven ode to British retro gaming with a lot to offer, it's also inexplicably difficult with a style of absolute platforming hell sections along with bullet hell elements.

Infinite lives and frequent checkpoints don't make it any more fun, gave up over half way through the game due to arbitrary timed sections.

I remember the original Horace games on Spectrum so I'm the target audience but they expect ridiculous precision and patience from shall we say 'mature' gamers that many couldn't even do as kids. Really ruins what is otherwise a story and adventure driven game.

A 2 man game that took 7 years but really needed more game testing and difficulty adjustment to be a great game. I'd be amazed if even its creators could finish their own game without getting ****** off.

Soldato
Yes it certainly does! For me, the game opens up completely when you get to a certain stage and location, everything falls into place

It made it feel like everything before that was just a prologue :p

Great, will continue it some more at the weekend, one thing I don't like is commanding the other characters to attack certain enemies, but I think that is optional.

Soldato
Started ac odyssey. I just can't seem to get the brightness settings right for odyssey... Whereas origins was not a problem.

Also continuing with gears and on number 2 now

Was going to get through first 4 gears before xbsx arrived, but think i will play both 4 and 5 on the new console.

Back
Top Bottom