• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When you order a card you should receive your queue position immediately...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I ordered the Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF Gaming OC 10GB GDDR6X a few days ago. Only then did I stumble across the forum and realize the dire situation.

I have no idea what my position in the queue is, and I wonder if I am worth cancelling my order and buying a 2080 instead from a physical shop.

But I cant make an informed decision because OcUK haven't sent me a queue position.

Associate
You wont get one in a physical shop, the reason the queues are so long is because there's next to no supply. The reason the queue emails only go out weekly is because there's not enough movement in the queue to justify sending them out constantly, batches of cards are arriving at best once a week. You will likely get a queue email mid week.

I'll do you a favour and help you adjust to your new reality as fast as possible by simply being frank with you. There's tiny supply and massive demand, queues are extremely long and the wait is going to be months most for people queuing today. You'll most likely go to look for alternatives to justify leaving the queue but you wont find any unless you're prepared to pay huge markup on a scalped one. That's the bottom line, set your expectations accordingly.

Soldato
Without a rate of queue-decline, the number would realistically be close to meaningless, so giving one out would be frivolous.

However, you can contact customer services here to ask them for further information if you'd like.

Associate
You wont get one in a physical shop, the reason the queues are so long is because there's next to no supply. The reason the queue emails only go out weekly is because there's not enough movement in the queue to justify sending them out constantly, batches of cards are arriving at best once a week. You will likely get a queue email mid week.

I'll do you a favour and help you adjust to your new reality as fast as possible by simply being frank with you. There's tiny supply and massive demand, queues are extremely long and the wait is going to be months most for people queuing today. You'll most likely go to look for alternatives to justify leaving the queue but you wont find any unless you're prepared to pay huge markup on a scalped one. That's the bottom line, set your expectations accordingly.

He said 2080. Don't be so condescending.

Associate
OP
You wont get one in a physical shop

Local shop sells 2080 Graphic cards. I wonder if it's going to be a sunken cost fallacy waiting for 3080 stocks to catch up. Been looking forward to playing Cyberpunk but I'm not sure the 1070 I have will handle it.

One per customer should have been a rule. Bots should be banned. It's appauling.

Associate
OP
Without a rate of queue-decline, the number would realistically be close to meaningless, so giving one out would be frivolous.

True, but an idea of roughly where I was at date of purchase would have been a fair expectation of a retailer to provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom