Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [16th-19th Oct 2020]

Soldato
Well dijk done for season thanks to ****ford :( :(

Least Fabinho is a quality step in and Rhys Williams (I think his name is) did okay in his brief appearances

Just a shame we lose him in midfield. Everton fans laughing about on the usual social media platforms is pathetic. Pickfords got form and needs calling out for it.

Hes not Van Dijk though. If Pickford isnt b

Caporegime
Just a shame we lose him in midfield. Everton fans laughing about on the usual social media platforms is pathetic. Pickfords got form and needs calling out for it.

Hes not Van Dijk though. If Pickford isnt b

I'd say he has form for trying to act the hard lad/be a bit rough but Richarlison is the real ****.
He's been looking for his Funes Mori 'derby moment' since he joined.

fez

fez

Caporegime
There are no players I would wish injury on but there are some where you don't have as much sympathy because they are a cheating ****. VVD isn't one of those players. Should have been at least a 3 game ban for that tackle from Pickford.

Hed a big loss for Liverpool. Not only their best defender by a mile but he pops up with a lot of goals for a defender.

Caporegime
There are no players I would wish injury on but there are some where you don't have as much sympathy because they are a cheating ****. VVD isn't one of those players. Should have been at least a 3 game ban for that tackle from Pickford.

Hed a big loss for Liverpool. Not only their best defender by a mile but he pops up with a lot of goals for a defender.

Maybe we can loan them Phil Jones.

Don
Good news, with him back do you think you can still play the very high press against most sides without VVD or will Klopp bring it back a few yards?
I'm not sure we'll see much change in how we play. Both Gomez and Matip have the pace to play a high line, Gomez is even quicker than VVD - the key will be who takes on his role as the organiser at the back. It's possible that it might be seen as safer a option to drop a little deeper if they're not comfortable with Matip taking on that role but then again, the consequences of that might mean more aerial balls into our box and that's where we'll miss VVD the most imo. Without VVD we're suddenly not a particularly strong side in the air and the high line becomes even more important for us.

Caporegime
Would need to come back about 20 yards :D, dropping a few yards would only give them less recovery distance when they inevitably get beat by that one ball

Man of Honour
So the FA say there will be no retroactive punishment for Pickfords challenge on VVD because "it doesnt reach the threshold required for a red card", which seems strange to me because its not all that different to Richarlisons tackle and that attained the threshold for a red card.

Soldato
Liverpool's Joel Matip underwent a scan on Saturday, no major issue was detected. Jurgen Klopp must assess whether to start the defender against Ajax in the Champions League on Wednesday.

Matip should just have weekly scans booked in tbh.

Soldato
So the FA say there will be no retroactive punishment for Pickfords challenge on VVD because "it doesnt reach the threshold required for a red card", which seems strange to me because its not all that different to Richarlisons tackle and that attained the threshold for a red card.

Well Everton should just appeal Richarlisons and bring that as a reason why. Would be intetesting to see their responce.

Man of Honour
Well Everton should just appeal Richarlisons and bring that as a reason why. Would be intetesting to see their responce.

I do find myself wondering how many teams now through the season will appeal red cards on precisely that basis, using their decision on Pickford as evidence.

Don
There was never going to be any retrospective action taken against Pickford. We've not seen anybody banned after the event in years and even when they did do it previously, it was only for instances of violent conduct.

Man of Honour
There was never going to be any retrospective action taken against Pickford. We've not seen anybody banned after the event in years and even when they did do it previously, it was only for instances of violent conduct.

I guess I just want the same thing that we have complained about a lack of for decades..consistency. I am 100% certain that if VVD had been running anywhere else on the pitch and an outfield player had made that tackle it would have been a red card. Pickford seems to have gotten away with it almost purely on the grounds that he is a keeper. Its just not consistent. You have 9 out of 10 pundits and players saying it was a red, you even have 9 out of 10 former Referees saying it was a red, it seems like the only people involved who saw it and say it wasnt a cardable offence are Oliver and Coote.

Caporegime
We knew the FA would come out swinging, they've been under as much pressure this weekend as they ever have but admitting they got a few decisions wrong would open the flood gates. Say No, Protect the FA, Save Referees.

Soldato
We ought to add a poll to this to see how many people actually thought the FA would do anything other than go through the motions to back the referee, they've shown time and again that that they lack any kind of backbone and will always cherry pick the easy option of fining a manager or player who has the audacity to actual ask for an explanation on anything (see Jose's I'd rather give money to charity than the FA comment).

Back
Top Bottom