• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

a suggestion for Gibbo

Associate
Can i suggest that instead of updating the graphics card stock thread with "an ok amount" or "" a fair few" or similar you actually post specific numbers Gibbo of specific SKU's

This is no more effort and this serves a couple of purposes

As your already aware people are being given a que number via a periodic email for their specific SKU's, so this will then give them clarity of how far up that que they are climbing number wise without the need for them to message support to ask if instead of saying "an ok amount" you said something more like

"25 units of Asus Strx 3080 OC are coming tommorow" - that would be far more helpful

Secondly it simply shows clarity as stating an "ok amount" doesnt give any at all and insinuates either you dont have a clue how much stock really is coming in (which lets face it is extrmely unlikely) or some of the stock from the "ok amount" are being shifted elsewhere from those shipments because not being specific with numbers leaves the door open for that to happen doeesnt it.

Or is there a specific reason that the actual numbers being shipped are not being specified Gibbo that you havent perhaps told us?
For example do you order, say 500 units, and some simply appear that you then tick off the order ?
Obviously i doubt this as no right minded manufacturer would simply fill a lorry up with £800 units and not know what they were sending, they would know a number.
Otherwise you could simply say
"we only got an OK amount, sorry guys" and pay them for half that delivered :)

Why is it the amounts being delivered to you are so vague Gibbo in that you know whats coming but not the amount and for example what in your mind does "an ok amount" actually translate to ?

I ask because i have totally no idea reading your posts what that means as regards my que number, its about as clear as pea soup and simply translates to "someone somewhere might get some cards"

Could you perhaps do some sort of table for clarity for example
"Some" = 5-10
"An ok amount" = between 25 and 50
"A fair few" = 50-75
"a box full" = whatever that number that box contains
"a bakers dozen" = 12 with one spare for ebay ;)

Im pretty sure this is the general feeling here and that people would like to be able to work out where they are are in their respective ques regards whats coming in and the likely hood of a delivery taking place for thier debited accounts, getting numbers would go some way to reassuring them.

Or is that us being a bit too fussy and expecting too much ?

Associate
OP
Iirc retailers signed NDA's preventing such disclosures.

So your saying its not allowed to post what being deliverd ? lmao
Surely this then lends itself to my suggestion of a tanslation table

"Some" = 5-10
"A fair few" = 50-75

This way no NDA has been broken

Associate
So your saying its not allowed to post what being deliverd ? lmao
Surely this then lends itself to my suggestion of a tanslation table

"Some" = 5-10
"A fair few" = 50-75

This way no NDA has been broken
vague as it is the table still indicates stock delivered so would likely breach an NDA if it existed.

Associate
First of all there seems some evidence that retailers can only ship Nvidia cards if they sign an NDA which among other things prevents them from giving away precise stock information. So it's likely that Gibbo is trying to give us the best he can without actually spilling the beans. And if you're tenacious you can look about and find out what small/OK/large approximately refer to. The NDA also probably prevents him from admitting to the NDA so he can't even tell us that he can't tell us.

Second of all the community is using queue information from our emails submitted through a form here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nqzTL2tEIl5FLQqZLdTeJ2iLAOBR-yVURCgbsTn5LSU/ to track the movement of queues on a week by week basis, there's more than enough information in there to infer how many cards actually arrived in each batch. So you can get this information in like 2 minutes anyway, and many of us are updating that form with new info the moment we get new queue emails.

Lastly, it really doesn't matter, your queue wont move faster given that you know stock arrival, it's rumoured to ramp up by the end of this month and into Nov so it's hard to even make predictions based on current rate of delivery because it's so unstable and likely to change. Like everyone else here the waiting basically has you in a tizz and it's driving you to insanity, you wont get relief from precise stock information, trust me, the wait is just the same.

Man of Honour
This smacks of the manufacturer wanting to make us think things are in short supply to drive up demand. Horrible business ethics (not referring to OcUK who probably have no choice).

Associate
This smacks of the manufacturer wanting to make us think things are in short supply to drive up demand. Horrible business ethics (not referring to OcUK who probably have no choice).

I suspect the market will get flooded after Q4 earnings (end of the month).

Associate
I wish they could do what there competitor is doing. When on the phone to them today asking about EVGA cards they were making out no deliveries were in the UK when clearly one company has been receiving weekly shipments.

Associate
OP
First of all there seems some evidence that retailers can only ship Nvidia cards if they sign an NDA which among other things prevents them from giving away precise stock information. So it's likely that Gibbo is trying to give us the best he can without actually spilling the beans. And if you're tenacious you can look about and find out what small/OK/large approximately refer to. The NDA also probably prevents him from admitting to the NDA so he can't even tell us that he can't tell us.

Second of all the community is using queue information from our emails submitted through a form here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nqzTL2tEIl5FLQqZLdTeJ2iLAOBR-yVURCgbsTn5LSU/ to track the movement of queues on a week by week basis, there's more than enough information in there to infer how many cards actually arrived in each batch. So you can get this information in like 2 minutes anyway, and many of us are updating that form with new info the moment we get new queue emails.

Lastly, it really doesn't matter, your queue wont move faster given that you know stock arrival, it's rumoured to ramp up by the end of this month and into Nov so it's hard to even make predictions based on current rate of delivery because it's so unstable and likely to change. Like everyone else here the waiting basically has you in a tizz and it's driving you to insanity, you wont get relief from precise stock information, trust me, the wait is just the same.

Stock arrival certainly should mean that our que times will be reduced - its stock arriving for the poeople who have paid for it and who are in those queues surely ?- thats the purpose of a que for that stock surely and a thread to pass that info on should be relaying that
For what reason would stock delivered NOT be assigned to those in the que for it ? Id be really interested to know
If the stock being delivered isnt actually going out to those in the que for it they might as well not bother having a que or a cryptic thread if its all poppycock anyway and just tell everyone to cancel and refund them

As regards me being "in a tizz" im not sure entirely what you mean ? Im certainly not being driven to "insanity" by any means but it would be nice to know when the order that ive paid out £1710 for is likely to arrive as a month later and I dont have even a clue when itll be delivered - not even to the nearest month which isnt really very fair and ive never encountered a buying experience like it before so im not really sure what to expect anymore.

I just think that having to trawl through forum threads for code worded vague numbers on an "imagined rough indication thread" with no actual info on it at all is at best laughable and in honesty is frankly pretty crappy way to treat paying customers and im simply making a very basic common sense suggestion on employing a way it could be improved to some sort of acceptable and sensible update system as the current one is frankly not good enough at all.

Just step back and look at the thread, its laughable, all i want to know is when my order is likely to come, i dont want to trawl through forum user spread sheets and play cryptic cluedo to try interpret what "some" and "ok amount and "good" might mean.

Common sense seems to have totally evaporated here, how there can be an NDA for relaying having 50 Asus Tuff OC cards delivered for example and then simply telling people who have paid for those cards a month ago is beyond me - its pretty pathetic and i dont believe anyone would have to sign a contract not to relay that delivery info

In honesty I dont want to have to trawl through a frankly awful enormous customer made spreadsheet to try and work out where i am as regards my order being honoured, i expect to be regularly updated by the people who took the £1710 off me a month ago - that isnt an unreasable or unfair expectation.

Ive never ever had to do that before with any retailer for anything ive ever bought before and i will say that this is a totally new buying experience for me with overclockers, looking through the forum it baffles me that people have to make threads asking when they will get what they have already paid for, waiting for a mystery emailed number that doesnt tally to anything and attempt to follow cryptic threads for secret clues based on words like "ok" and "some" and "reasonable".

i keep waiting for jeremy beadle to jump out and tell me its all been a **** take.

Associate

What I was saying is that it doesn't matter if you know how much stock has arrived, the queue moves at the same pace. If 10 cards come in and you don't get an update your queue position moves 10 places, if 10 cards come in and you do get an update, you still move 10 places. It's only peoples sanity that this really matters for, it doesn't seem to be actually changing peoples purchasing decisions because when the rubber meets the road that information means kinda nothing. It's just to help people cope who are in the queue and are, as I said, In a tizz. This was a general observation about us all and not a dig at you specifically. If you look at the plurality of posts here about this, people are so wound up and angry about this that there's long intense debates over something as basically irrelevant as frequency of updates. There's no practical benefit to it which is why almost all the people who are up in arms about this when challenged with "well cancel then" kinda just shut up, because we all know they won't because there's no better option right now.

The update system is what it is, it's fit for purpose. The card deliveries to their store are once a week or less and you get an update every week. What decision would you make any differently if you had 1 update every day? Nothing you'd sit in the queue waiting like the rest of us, still not satisfied things are taking ages.

Just step back and look at the thread, its laughable, all i want to know is when my order is likely to come

No one knows that, the supply chain for these cards is completely unreliable. The sooner you come to terms with this fact the sooner you can either just cancel your order, or learn to live with the wait and the unknown ETA. If you're more than 10-20 places into your queue the likelyhood is that your card has not even been manufactured yet. You're not getting an accurate ETA. If that's not good enough then you'll have to cancel your order because no one is going to be able to give you what you want.

Common sense seems to have totally evaporated here, how there can be an NDA for relaying having 50 Asus Tuff OC cards delivered for example and then simply telling people who have paid for those cards a month ago is beyond me - its pretty pathetic and i dont believe anyone would have to sign a contract not to relay that delivery info

Nvidia control who they supply the cards to fundamentally, and have industry wide NDAs to protect their image, and can punish anyone that gives out information they're not supposed to. OCUK and no other store can afford to lose business from Nvidia because of how big they are. Welcome to the business world, NDAs are common.

that isnt an unreasable or unfair expectation

But the circumstances are what they are, if it was unreasonable then other stores would give you a more reasonable option and you could go shop with them but everyone is under NDA so you wont get it. All I'm saying is that fair or not fair, or reasonable or unreasonable that is the circumstance as it stands, you can either learn to accept that as your reality and queue with the rest of us, or cancel and spend longer waiting for your card. But moaning at OCUK for this is not going to change anything, if they want to sell cards they have to abide by NDAs, end of.

You didn't buy the card, you pre-ordered it, that means you ordered it before stock is available and you have to wait in queue for stock to be manufactured and shipped. Sometimes when manufacturing is reliable, supply chains are healthy, stock is moving predictably then you can calculate rate of delivery and make predictions about when specific queue positions can expect their cards assuming everything kinda stays the same. But manufacturing is NOT reliable for this product, global supply chains aren't steady, the deliveries are irregular in both of their frequency and the size of the cards and so there's no reliable way to get an estimate.

Associate
OP
No money should have been taken until the cards were despatched - that would have been the morally right and sensible thing to do here.
No one else is doing this, why was there a need to take the money knowing full well no cards were in stock in most cases or even likely to arrive for months, it’s made OC look poor in many people eyes.

People were told it was a preorder yes - But I don’t honestly think anyone imagined it would be this long a wait and they certainly didn’t imagine being advised by OC to trawl through forums for cryptic messages or frankly laughable user made spreadsheets - who else does that ? It’s just insulting.

Again no one does and I didn’t think the money would come out of my account until the card was despatched - I actually got quite excited when it was taken thinking the card was coming..

You mention weekly updates ?
Where ARE these weekly updates ?
I ask as I haven’t had them or seen them
I’ve had two emails in the last month with two random que numbers on.

I thought “ok so what does that actually tell me as regards getting my order?”
Nothing - it tells me nothing at all.

The numbers mean nothing and I cannot even ask OC as they don’t know and I cannot even reply to the email as it won’t allow me...

They mention an “official thread on the forum” -
Ok so I look on the forum for this “official thread”
No disrespect intended but the thread is crap frankly there is no content in that thread whatsoever.
“An ok amount”, “a small amount” This is an OFFICIAL OC thread ? Really guys ?

It would be laughable if I wasn’t £1700 out of pocket with an unknown wait and unable to pick one up elsewhere as a result of that tie in.

They don’t know when stock will come.
Ok fine - but they should not have taken the money from people but simply registered people’s interest in a que or waited until they had stock and listed it until it sold out, rinse and repeat.
That’s putting customers first.

As a reputable retailer I expect far better and I cannot say it hasn’t made OC look anything but bad, especially with the last minute price hikes as well - for kit they didn’t even have to send out..

The stock levels are the same for every retailer but only overclockers are looking bad in the eyes of many people because they are the only ones taking peoples money, sitting on it and not updating them with anything meaningful.

I’ve used OC for over a decade now and spent many many thousands now (more then I’d tell my wife lol)
I’d never ever ever pre order from them again as a direct result of how this has been handled.

The stock or rather lack of stock isn’t the issue for me it’s the way they have handled the pre orders is really poor, the lack of clarity and the total lack of updates to the customer coupled with a frankly insulting nonsense official forum thread that doesn’t actually tell anyone anything.

It’s been really poorly thought through and the whole emphasis has been clearly focused on taking as much money as possible and sitting on it and dangling a “don’t lose your que place”.

There is no emphasis on customers in any way shape or form and that it the really disappointing thing for me.
I guess we all perceive things differently but it’s made me think a lot less of them as a retailer.

Caporegime
Can you imagine the hell on if they could post actual numbers

Example :-

so and so says their queue position is 1128 for the MSI Gaming X Trio 3080.

In the update thread on deliveries, and how to cancel thread, Gibbo posts

Ive had 1x Gaming X Trio 3080 in today

:D

Associate
Can you imagine the hell on if they could post actual numbers

Example :-

so and so says their queue position is 1128 for the MSI Gaming X Trio 3080.

In the update thread on deliveries, and how to cancel thread, Gibbo posts

Ive had 1x Gaming X Trio 3080 in today

:D

Why can they not do the same as a competitor who are handling this much better. They don't tell you how many they received, but you can kind of work it out after every shipment.

OCUK said to me that no one in the EU has shipments of EVGA cards which I call bull on him and he had no answer for me

Caporegime
Times change, i remember when new cards were released, this was the only place you could buy them from, on the actual release day.

Used to get a wink thread from Gibbo, when a new cards release date was coming up, used to get pics of pyramids of cards from him he had in etc....

Those were the days.

None of that now, sad times :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom