• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Associate
How well do OLED screens work for phones? I know in the TV world OLEDs are not supposed to work well in brightly let conditions due to screen reflection.
Should be fine, with OLED Tv’s it’s the power consumption and heat generated that causes the manufacturer to limit the brightness which should not be an issue on a smaller device like a phone.

Soldato
Should be fine, with OLED Tv’s it’s the power consumption and heat generated that causes the manufacturer to limit the brightness which should not be an issue on a smaller device like a phone.
I’ve a oled tv. Best I’ve had no issues and plenty Bright enough it calibrated

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

6 Plus 64GB > 12 Pro Max 128GB

I'd have kept the 6 another year if the touchscreen hadn't gone dodgy.

Yep that seems like the biggest leap, but like I said the 32gb is a massive struggle... 64gb is decent enough to use without having to delete everything.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Out of curiosity, for the people who paid through apple pay on the apple app... Has the money been taken out your account yet?

My account hasnt had any money taken out and the only email I have been sent by apple just says "in store pickup instructions will be included in the email we send when your order is ready for pickup" ???
I mean how long does it take to get the order ready? unless im not the only one and this is normal procedure

Soldato
Really want to see the 12 pro vs 12 pro max zoom camera comparisons, not sure what's better, more zoom and F2.2 or abit less zoom and F2, in theory the 12 pro would be more useful to be honest, as always better to have a better quality cam.

Soldato
Out of curiosity, for the people who paid through apple pay on the apple app... Has the money been taken out your account yet?

My account hasnt had any money taken out and the only email I have been sent by apple just says "in store pickup instructions will be included in the email we send when your order is ready for pickup" ???
I mean how long does it take to get the order ready? unless im not the only one and this is normal procedure
Is yours Store pick up if so that be on the day

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I would have though so as your not force to go and pick it up. When you pick it up they then take payment that how it work before

Oh right I see thank you! I've never actually ordered an iphone before online and set a time to pick it up... In fact the last iphone I bought from the store it self was a 4s! I had a 5s and 7 plus (current) that ive just bought online from different sites.

Soldato
So, do we know if the Apple cases for the 12 are going to still have a 'lip' on the front edge or are they planning on relying solely on Magsafe to keep them attached?

The videos seem to suggest the latter but that doesn't sound very secure to me.

Soldato
Just had the notification to say I've been charged for my phone via Apple Pay. Picking it up in store next Saturday. **** my pants when I first saw the notification :p

For note, my MBP was paid immediately (not a pre-order) and that was picked up a few days after.

Associate
I’m waiting on Mous and caudabe cases to be released then decide. I’m using the frosted one from caudabe on my xs and I can’t complain, been a brilliant case and has kept my xs in pristine condition.
Screen protector wise I’ll probably go for the spigen one that’s I’ve had on my xs for the past couple of years.

I've always used Mous cases of late. Offer good protection though only downside apart from being expensive is they are a tight fit when it comes to removing it. I've a Mous mount in my vehicle that the case and phone 'mostly' stick too. I'm presuming the new iphones Maglock magnets won't cause an issue with the magnets in a Mous case?

I paid using Apple Pay (and it was a bit of a carry on) and the money is still in my bank account. I got an order fairly quickly on Friday when orders went live but delivery isn't until around Nov 9th. I expect it'll take a bit longer to ship out to a customer than to a store but why so long? First time I've ever ordered through Apple.

I ordered a couple of iphone 12 pro's, one for the mrs who could do with a new phone and one for myself. Mine is replacing a s/h iphone xs max which to be fair is in good condition. My main moan with the Max is it's a little too 'Maxx'. It's heavy and bulky in my pocket and is difficult to use one handed. I have learned to live with it and am now getting a bit of buyers remorse. I'm afraid the longer it takes to come the more I'll get the temptation to cancel :eek: I've not said anything to the mrs either as it's a surprise for her birthday later this year. Going to be a surprise for her mainly as I've actually remembered to get her anything :D I'm hoping she hasn't ordered one herself....

Soldato
Is £500 trade in for an IP11 Pro good value? I thought these are usually a complete joke but seems reasonable vs the hassle of selling one in what would be a buyers market at the moment.

Also quotes the same whether you say it’s immaculate or just in good condition.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Is £500 trade in for an IP11 Pro good value? I thought these are usually a complete joke but seems reasonable vs the hassle of selling one in what would be a buyers market at the moment.

Yea seems reasonable, you could sell on members market but by the time you factor in hassle and postage the extra potential £50 may not be worth it.

Soldato
Yea seems reasonable, you could sell on members market but by the time you factor in hassle and postage the extra potential £50 may not be worth it.

Against my better judgement I’ve decided to go for it. The aggressive image processing on 11 Pro drives me insane so I’m hoping the ProRaw thing will help me take more natural images.

Someone above asked about payment and they’ve charged the full amount to my card having paid via Apple Pay. Took about 15 mins.

Soldato
I ended up going for the 12 Pro (non max) in the end. Does anyone have any recommendations for a really slim case? Like the sub 1mm cases you can get - currently looking at peel cases.

Back
Top Bottom