Google Pixel 5

Soldato
Yeah, I think I did have it installed, but I think I did remove it. I can't remember how far in I removed it mind... This morning will be a good test. Run to the gym, listening to music all the way, tracking sets and reps, it usually takes a good 20-30% out of my Pixel 4, so we'll see how the 5 copes now.

Soldato
Yeah, I think I did have it installed, but I think I did remove it. I can't remember how far in I removed it mind... This morning will be a good test. Run to the gym, listening to music all the way, tracking sets and reps, it usually takes a good 20-30% out of my Pixel 4, so we'll see how the 5 copes now.
Based on my usage I'd be surprised if you dented it much over 15%

Soldato
Agree, so far the speakers are the biggest disappointment for me so far. Switched from S10+ which is crazy loud compared to P5 speakers. But don't use the speakers much and use headphones 99% of the time.

Yeah same here. Actually really liking the P5 the more I use it. Speakers and screen aren't as good as the S10+ but everything else is better or doesn't matter.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
So the black one was back in stock earlier, I ordered it. Estimated delivery on the 17th and I got in just before the headphone deal expires. :)

Soldato
Battery definitely seems better after the reset. Things got disrupted yesterday and my routine had to change, so I didn't get a good comparison, but I think my jog to the gym and then home was around 18%, so much better. I've taken it off charge at 3:30am this morning and four hours later it's on 99% (granted, SoT is 0), which is a huge step up for any Android tbh, which has always suffered with battery loss even with the screen off.

I feel like I'm the only person who gets bad battery life on this phone

Down to 20% with 3 hours screen on time today. When I use it battery lasts ages but I'm getting awful standby drain

I was getting battery like that, I've factory reset and it seems a lot better. Maybe reset and start over?

Associate
Screenshot-20201020-075742.png

Soldato
Battery definitely seems better after the reset. Things got disrupted yesterday and my routine had to change, so I didn't get a good comparison, but I think my jog to the gym and then home was around 18%, so much better. I've taken it off charge at 3:30am this morning and four hours later it's on 99% (granted, SoT is 0), which is a huge step up for any Android tbh, which has always suffered with battery loss even with the screen off.
Quite right, 1% with 4 hours idle is mighty impressive. It's probably the one thing I dislike about Samsungs and something I've encountered yet again with my FE. I could easily lose 7-10% overnight - and I have the SD version. My 7T Pro would just sip power overnight, never more than 3% usually.
I'm assuming your AOD was on?

Associate
I was getting battery like that, I've factory reset and it seems a lot better. Maybe reset and start over?

I have actually tried this once and didn't even restore any apps other than what comes pre loaded.

If I stick it in airplane mode and have WiFi/Bluetooth only its way better. 3 hours off charge this morning and 1 hour SOT and down to 93%

I would normally assume poor signal but I'm getting between 3/4 bars (assuming 4 is full)

I have actually tried this once and didn't even restore any apps other than what comes pre loaded.

If I stick it in airplane mode and have WiFi/Bluetooth only its way better. 3 hours off charge this morning and 1 hour SOT and down to 93%

I would normally assume poor signal but I'm getting between 3/4 bars (assuming 4 is full)
just to check, tune in radio isn't installed?

Back
Top Bottom