Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
OP
What USB C charger is everyone going for? Bit narked off that I need to buy one really. Apple's 20w is £19, though I can see ESR 20w plugs on Amazon for £12.99 or a Spigen 27w one for about £8, so not sure the apple one is necessary?

Soldato
I ordered the 12 Pro for delivery next week, changed my mind due to the specs not being massively different for 12 that I collect this Saturday. Now I'm about to order a Pro again as I prefer the blue colour. 256GB size.

Now the Pro has shipping time of Nov :( borrowing a 6 at the mo, but another mate is lending me his spare XR tonight so I can at least get back onto IOS14 and do a restore.

Sold my 11 Pro at the weekend for £675, at least I didn't give it away this time unlike my 8 256GB that I gave to mate..

Soldato
What USB C charger is everyone going for? Bit narked off that I need to buy one really. Apple's 20w is £19, though I can see ESR 20w plugs on Amazon for £12.99 or a Spigen 27w one for about £8, so not sure the apple one is necessary?

Couple of people in here ordered the Spigen one after I posted it. Mine has been delivered but I'm not home to try it out. I've used a couple of their things in the past so I would assume it does what it says, as their stuff is usually good quality. But no. The Apple one is really nice, but it's not necessary to pay twice the amount for a charger. Especially if like me you'll plug it in, not see it and then forget about it.

Soldato
this is why i dont see the point of it

If my phone is on my bedside table and im in bed id expect it to just "lie" on the charger and charge then i just pick it up to use etc, with magsafe you have got to "pysically" remove it, just seems a very expensive charging lead basically
Wasx thinking the same. Makes sense for a car charger but zero sense anywhere else unless I'm seriously missing something?

Soldato
OP
Wasx thinking the same. Makes sense for a car charger but zero sense anywhere else unless I'm seriously missing something?

Sometimes i'll be laying in bed at night with battery on critical and obviously can't charge on the wireless pad and use it... so in this instance magsafe would solve the issue (tho admittedly in the same way a normal cable would).

Soldato
I think mag safe is the Apple way of saying ports will be going away soon.

They often introduce things to get customers ready to take something else away next time round. They want to get people used to wireless charging before getting rid of the port, I expect most people who have wireless charging on their phone have never used it.

I’m almost certain the headphone jack stuff was leaked on purpose at the time to get people ready.

“Customers LOVED our new MagSafe feature so much so we went all in on wireless charging*. Why do you ask? Courage. Here is the first portless phone and it’s only £50 more than last year.

Don’t worry those of you with wired CarPlay, here’s a wireless dongle you can leave in your car, only £99.

*Mag safe charger not included, sold separately £50”

Soldato
Sometimes i'll be laying in bed at night with battery on critical and obviously can't charge on the wireless pad and use it... so in this instance magsafe would solve the issue (tho admittedly in the same way a normal cable would).

I've had a few occasions where I've put my phone on my pad, it has lit up as I've placed it down, but it's slipped out of position and stops charging. So when I get up, it's on about 15%. I guess MagSafe snapping into place will stop this from happening.

Associate
I ordered the 12 Pro for delivery next week, changed my mind due to the specs not being massively different for 12 that I collect this Saturday. Now I'm about to order a Pro again as I prefer the blue colour. 256GB size.

Now the Pro has shipping time of Nov :( borrowing a 6 at the mo, but another mate is lending me his spare XR tonight so I can at least get back onto IOS14 and do a restore.

Sold my 11 Pro at the weekend for £675, at least I didn't give it away this time unlike my 8 256GB that I gave to mate..

I ordered in the first half hour on Friday and as far as I know it’s expected to arrive around the 9th November. They were blue pros so maybe a lot of demand for that colour. That was for delivery and not pickup at a store.

Soldato
I ordered it last night and it came today, it was 50% off before I ordered, then it went to 30% off and now it’s back to 50% off :p

Spigen USB C PD 27W Fast Charger Compatible with iPhone 12 Pro Max Mini SE 2020 11 X XS XR 8 Plus iPad Air Pro Galaxy S20 Ultra FE Note 20 10 Pixel 5 4xl Nintendo Switch Type C Adapter 20W Charging https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07T634V26/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_AIAJFbWMG4YNY

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Decided to just order the official Apple adaptor, I like the folding pins feature :D

Shipping notification for my Navy silicone case and MagSafe charger, arriving Wednesday.

Last edited:
Soldato
The folding pins are definitely very useful for travel! Just opened my Spigen one now and I have to say I'm happy with it, especially at that price.

Shall be picking up a MagSafe Charger when I go to collect my phone, but unsure whether I should get a case at this stage. I want to see that shiny, shiny Gold. :D

edit: Since I was impressed by the quality of the XS Max case I bought, before changing my mind and upgrading to the 12 Pro, as well as their excellent customer service, I've just pre-ordered a Mous Clarity case. Helps getting £10 off for being a student too :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Aaaaand I've cancelled my IP12 Pro order. The more I think about it the more it just seems a pointless upgrade from the 11 Pro.

The only real feature that interested me was ProRaw but I've got a feeling they'll still force you to suffer the ultra aggressive image processing they employ on the 11.

Caporegime
I bought the spigen usb c charger from Amazon that was posted a few days ago. Got it Sunday, only thing is that it’s kinda big in size which won’t make a difference as it will be hidden away but it’s quite a hefty size.

Back
Top Bottom