Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [16th-19th Oct 2020]

Caporegime
We ought to add a poll to this to see how many people actually thought the FA would do anything other than go through the motions to back the referee, they've shown time and again that that they lack any kind of backbone and will always cherry pick the easy option of fining a manager or player who has the audacity to actual ask for an explanation on anything (see Jose's I'd rather give money to charity than the FA comment).

I doubt many are surprised they did nothing, just more its a high profile case and expressing dislike of how utterly incompetent they are.

Arguably the best player in the league has suffered a season ending, potentially career altering injury via a reckless action and there was 0 punishment for it.

Don
I am 100% certain that if VVD had been running anywhere else on the pitch and an outfield player had made that tackle it would have been a red card. Pickford seems to have gotten away with it almost purely on the grounds that he is a keeper.
I agree. I mentioned after the game that there seems to be an acceptance that keepers can just launch themselves into attackers without punishment. I have no doubt that Pickford didn't intend to injure VVD however it was only a matter of time before he or Ederson did seriously injure somebody - they're both eratic keepers that have a terrible habbit of flying out of their goal with no consideration for anybody around them.

Soldato
The thing it's not like the FA have ever failed to action an England (I know he shouldn't be anywhere near the England team but sadly he is) player before *ahem* Shearer kicking Lennon in the face *ahem*

Don
Even Dhawcross didn’t get it as bad when he almost snapped Ramsay’s leg off.
Are you trying to rewrite history Rob? For how many seasons after the incident did Arsenal supporters target Shawcross? Heck, your manager was still attacking him and Stoke months after the incident.

As for your initial point, with the exception of Purdy (who is a bit of a lunatic) I've not seen any unreasonable post in here regarding Pickford. It's perfectly legitimate to discuss whether he should be facing a ban for that challenge.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I think people would be less outraged if:

A. There was even a slight amount of consistency in these decisions.
B. He didn't have history
C. He was actually punished.

Has he even come out and apologised to VVD?

Caporegime
Are you trying to rewrite history Rob? For how many seasons after the incident did Arsenal supporters target Shawcross? Heck, your manager was still attacking him and Stoke months after the incident.

As for your initial point, with the exception of Purdy (who is a bit of a lunatic) I've not seen any unreasonable post in here regarding Pickford. It's perfectly legitimate to discuss whether he should be facing a ban for that challenge.
I’m talking more about the twitter brigade

Caporegime
Pretty sure Shawcross got a fairly legitimate amount of hate when Twitter was a smaller platform, Ramsey refused to even speak to him when he phoned to apologise etc.
Also actually looked remorseful when it happened and it was a mistimed kick rather than a full weight leap into someone's leg iirc?

Caporegime
Wow, what a horrible comment.

I suggest you take a step back, otherwise you may find yourself not being able to post in the football arena.

As I’ve clarified, poorly executed on my part and taken a bit too literally through text.

Thank you for the advice though, see you next time Everton string together a few wins

Back
Top Bottom