• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I was told the ETA was on the 23rd of Sep, when I called them it turned out they didn't know at all they the ETA was. If not for that date on the page I'd go with competition. They put it there to lure people in. Now I need to God knows how long to get refund, they don't post estimates when my card is arriving, they didn't even let us know any forecast. At this point I might as well ask fortune teller. The should just refuse to take orders when they run out of stock, period. This is scammy tactics. Anti-competition etc.
I take it you've cancelled your order?

Associate
Sorry to yet again jump in with a question that will have been answered a million times but I've been busy- any signs of movement on the Tuf OCs? I've been no.18 in the queue for a fortnight. Wondering if any have been spotted at all or if I just got that far down the list through cancellations.

Associate
Microwave three sizeable spuds for 14 minutes at full whack and then rub a little oil and salt on the skins (watch out they’re hot) before you pop them in a 180° oven for about 20 minutes and you get perfect crispy skinned jackety wonders in half the time of oven cooking alone.

Adjust micro timings for more or fewer spuds.

I’M HELPING!
Oh, man. If only I knew this tip before!

Remember to stab the spuds a couple of times or if you're unlucky, they might pop. This does give you instant mash but you'll have to scrape it off the walls of your microwave.

I'm HELPING TOO!
LOL. And probably give me a heart attack at the same time. Haha

Associate
Sorry to yet again jump in with a question that will have been answered a million times but I've been busy- any signs of movement on the Tuf OCs? I've been no.18 in the queue for a fortnight. Wondering if any have been spotted at all or if I just got that far down the list through cancellations.

No movement of cards, all the shift last week was cancellations.

Associate
I WILL SHOUT SO YOU CAN HEAR THIS LOUD AND CLEAR (AND ALL OF THE OTHER PEOPLE WHO KEEP ASKING THE SAME QUESTION). ANY UPDATES ARE ON THE UPDATE THREAD PROVIDED BY GIBBO...IF THERE IS NOTHING THERE THEN THERE IS NO UPDATE HERE...YA GET ME?!

Associate
I WILL SHOUT SO YOU CAN HEAR THIS LOUD AND CLEAR (AND ALL OF THE OTHER PEOPLE WHO KEEP ASKING THE SAME QUESTION). ANY UPDATES ARE ON THE UPDATE THREAD PROVIDED BY GIBBO...IF THERE IS NOTHING THERE THEN THERE IS NO UPDATE HERE...YA GET ME?!
Calm down mate, I was just wondering if any have actually been spotted in the wild yet or if the actual supply has been zero this whole time.

Associate
Yeah I just don't understand these people, why and how could you possibly defend these clowns.
Hey! Don't pick on clowns!
Hahahaha
So why did Nvidia chose a competitor to sell their FE cards in the UK then
Probably because they went with whoever would take the least percentage of each sale. OCUK most likely would have bid to do this also, but bid too high

Associate
why you lot call resellers scalpers lmfao, not like you go to Tesco buy anything and you pay "retail" everyone tryna make some $$ stop being bozos if you don't want to don't buy off re-sellers

Associate
After an order is placed
You must:

• provide a copy of the contract on paper, by email or another format the customer can save for future reference
  • provide the copy of the contract no later than when the goods are delivered
  • deliver the goods within 30 days, unless you’ve agreed otherwise with the customer

You do realise that your only recourse is to request a refund, and then to issue a letter before claim instructing them to give you the money back or you'll sue if they don't give the refund, and then sue them in small claims court if they still don't give you your money back?

That being THE LAW won't make a 3080 suddenly appear in your computer, especially when, if you bothered to check the T&Cs for OCUK (https://www.overclockers.co.uk/terms-and-conditions - particularly section 4), you did agree that they don't have to deliver within 30 days if they're not able to.

As someone actually involved in the legal industry, it's generally best not to throw around little bits of law you copy/pasted off a website without actually knowing what you're talking about :)

Associate
Probably because they went with whoever would take the least percentage of each sale. OCUK most likely would have bid to do this also, but bid too high

"Luckily, Overclockers UK is one of the NVIDIA’s biggest partners which guarantees we will always be one of the very first companies to acquire stock in the UK"

Yeah great guarantee that was then lol

And what's with "the" before NVIDIA, they can't even write a simple sentence and proof read it on the main 3080 page on their site.
SMH

Back
Top Bottom