• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Caporegime
ouch ... 2nd gen 4c/4t must be painful in 2020
Not overly so. If it was unusable we'd have upgraded already :p

I'm also rocking a 2500k but I game much less than I used to, and when I do game it tends to be indie games that don't need much in the way of horsepower.

GPU has for years been far more important, and for all the talk of bottlenecking, it's only recently that a 4c/4t CPU has become, well, nearly unusable :p

e: 4c/4t is obviously way less than optimal already, just to be clear. But it's just about usable, still, if your expectations are fairly modest, hah.

Last edited:
Associate
ouch ... 2nd gen 4c/4t must be painful in 2020
It can play a fair amount of stuff, but I definitely find myself swerving away from recent games that are remotely demanding. It's got to stop!

absolutely ! i am planning a ryzen 5000 and rtx 3000 build but there are problems with that plan right now as you know !
Exactly, we've all decided to hop onto the next train and found that it hasn't even left the station!

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
PC gaming is becoming less and less attractive these days, it's not OCUK's fault by any stretch but these prices are getting a bit silly.

Sure, if gaming + productivity/encoding or whatever if your day to day thing, then sure go for it, but for pure gaming? It hurts me to say it but just grab a new xbox or ps5 - 4k gaming is now the new normal with consoles and there's no clear advantage to gaming on a PC.

Soldato
Quick question about the Ryzen 5000 series. Will they support 4k Blu-ray playback? I thought that previous AMD CPUs didn't support it because they didn't have the equivalent of Intel SGX instructions. Playback of 4k Blu-rays is pretty important to me as I am a real film nerd.

Associate
I am not looking forward to another bot infested afternoon of page refreshing with every etailer site going down.

We really need a better system in place to order new products. It's astonishing that the IT industry lags behind stores that sell face masks in that even those stores can manage a queue.

Associate
I am not looking forward to another bot infested afternoon of page refreshing with every etailer site going down.

I can't see it happening, it's a pretty stupid and damaging tactic to have a major release with stock levels which can't even support 10% of demand but let's pretend it did happen, I just don't see the same interest from resellers, the mark up can't be anywhere near the levels they managed with video cards so it's probably not worth the trouble.

Associate
I can't see it happening, it's a pretty stupid and damaging tactic to have a major release with stock levels which can't even support 10% of demand but let's pretend it did happen, I just don't see the same interest from resellers, the mark up can't be anywhere near the levels they managed with video cards so it's probably not worth the trouble.
I really hope you're right...

Rom

Rom

Associate
I'm praying it's nothing like the 3080 launch.

I'm hoping the demand is much less, and that much less want the 5900 over the 5600 / 5800.
Compared to the latest gpu, there has to be less demand for a high end Ryzen chip.

I got a 3080 on release, arrived 8th Oct. So maybe I've had my luck for this year :rolleyes:.

Associate
I got a 3080 on release, arrived 8th Oct. So maybe I've had my luck for this year :rolleyes:.

You'd think there is less "must have it now" for a CPU than a GPU normally, but I think a lot of people are waiting for these to finish off builds, so there could be quite a lot of day 1 demand.

Congrats on getting a 3080 :)

Soldato
I think the initial demand could be high but, pretty sure Gibbo will have his ducks in a row and stock arriving regularly.

The Navi launch could be frantic though. Seems a lot of pent up demand for graphics cards just now.

Back
Top Bottom