• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
You won’t be able to set the console to 1440p will you? It will just be in game options at times.

That is what i would like to know. One would thought that it would be possible, seen as the official marketing material for the Series S cited "1440p at up to 120fps".

i was hoping both would allow native output to 1440p.

Soldato
I'm assuming most of you will be playing the games at 4K 60Hz? I see it's capable of 4K 120Hz but surely they'd have to dial back the graphical settings by quite a bit in order to hit that? Just not sure if to go for a 120Hz TV or not...

4k60 is what I am aiming for.
I recently looked to upgrade my receiver and was looking at HDMI 2.1 models - but relatively few available and at a cost. So decided to stick with HDMI 2.0 knowing that the majority of games are not going to be offering a 120hz option and if they do, I know the quality would make me cry.
If I can get 4k60 on the majority of games this generation I'll be happy.

Man of Honour
Which TV do you have? Annoyingly my 3 year old LG OLED TV isn't HDMI 2.1 (wasn't expecting it) nor does it support 1440p120 (was a bit surprised), and I didn't manage to find many that do, although I didn't look very hard as it's really unlikely I'll buy a new one, but you never know!

rp2000

Samsung 55Q70. I paid £450 for it.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm assuming most of you will be playing the games at 4K 60Hz? I see it's capable of 4K 120Hz but surely they'd have to dial back the graphical settings by quite a bit in order to hit that? Just not sure if to go for a 120Hz TV or not...
In my experience 60hz is fine with a controller, 120hz is a bit smoother but not as noticeable compared to using a mouse with jerky/snappy movements.

So for me 1440/144 for PC games and 4k/60 for controller games, although I will use 1440/60 in games like demon's souls over 4k/30 as 30 is just way too low these days.

120fps is not likely to be available in the majority of games either and won't be surprised to see it only in indie games after the first year (when games get more demanding after droping last gen console support).

Soldato
I don't share crisps but I'd be happy to buy you your own bag. I cant believe ppl eat them when gaming, I'd hate to see the state of whatever controller they are using :eek:

I know a number of people that eat all sorts when playing. Usually stuff like take-out Pizza, Fried Chicken, etc. I don't like using my controller after eating crisps, nevermind getting grease everywhere...

Soldato
I know a number of people that eat all sorts when playing. Usually stuff like take-out Pizza, Fried Chicken, etc. I don't like using my controller after eating crisps, nevermind getting grease everywhere...
Same. I don’t eat while playing. Can’t stand a greasy/sticky controller.

Back
Top Bottom