Hotel Bedding Quallity?

Caporegime
Soldato
I actually like the bed in Premier Inn, it's better than most of the Hilton stuff.

Agreed. Our last mattress was a Premier Inn one (wife used to work there and they did a colleague deal). Was made even better with a slim memory foam topper.

what's so special about Hungarian goose compared to canada goose or whatever? is it the only country where they aren't protected or something

It's generally considered the best down for pillows / quilts. I believe it's down to a combination of breeding and their long winters. I often just take my pillow on holiday with me as I sleep better, but would never bother for an overnight hotel or abroad.

Caporegime
Hi, hope everyone is well!

Does anyone know of any hotels that take requests for bedding / have a bed menu? Specifically looking for hotels that have bedding (pillows and duvet) that is 100% Hungarian Goose Down with Mulberry silk duvet covers and pillow covers. Eiderdown is also fine. I struggle to sleep in lower quality bedding as it never seems to quite hold the temperature right or have the weight behind it, so puts me off staying in hotels for a lot of the time.

I travel all over so any recommendations welcome in the UK!

Thanks

I bought Hungarian goose down pillows and duvets and cost me a fortune and they were crap. Returned then for a full refund even after they replaced them once as they thought the first was defective.

Ended up saving like £600 by just buying decent ones from M&S. Anti allergy.

There is no way the above is legit. Anyone who cannot sleep in any normal hotel bed is a diva beyond belief. Should be a mandatory prison sentence in North Korea. Then come back and tell us cotton isn't good enough.

Associate
Maybe the people that pluck them alive for a living do. Unbearable cruelty given out to geese in that industry.

Wool. Is the way to go.

Soldato
I bought Hungarian goose down pillows and duvets and cost me a fortune...

Not sure why, as Hungarian goose down is not that much more expensive than decent duck down (M&S double duvet is ~£80 difference; pillow is ~£15) - as said, it's not eider duck down which would cost you a fortune!

Saying that, i guess there is if you're paying £15 for a fibre anti allergy pillow from M&S....

Caporegime
Not sure why, as Hungarian goose down is not that much more expensive than decent duck down (M&S double duvet is ~£80 difference; pillow is ~£15) - as said, it's not eider duck down which would cost you a fortune!

Saying that, i guess there is if you're paying £15 for a fibre anti allergy pillow from M&S....

It was Siberian Hungarian geese or something meant to be top notch. It was a long time ago like 10 years so I can't recall the website or exact specs.

Was a king size and about £400+ for just the duvet. The site came highly recommended too.

Pillows were expensive and I had 4 of them.

Associate
Top Notch? WTF does that mean?

The goose "down" industry is an abomination of animal cruelty and should be stopped completely.

There are alternatives that don't involve animals being bred for their feathers and plucked alive for the sake of industry ( birds bleed just like humans do)

Associate
How about a £6.99 B&M special complete with bed bugs and waterproof mattress protector hiding the ten individually crafted spaf stains from the previous occupants?
Final offer, take it or leave it. Check in by 10pm and all the towels you can steal. Trivago.

Back
Top Bottom