• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Caporegime
What are people doing for cases? I've gone for a Nomad leather one, bit pricey, but I think it looks the business. (Please re-affirm that I made a good choice :D)
https://nomadgoods.com/collections/...se-horween-leather-rustic-brown-iphone-12-pro
Link doesn’t work but I haven’t chosen a case. Might go with Mous or caudabe case, I have a caudabe case on my xs at the moment. Quite slim and has managed to protect my iPhone through a few drops etc.

Probably wait and see what else comes out before I buy one. I like the official silicone ones that Apple are doing but at £50, it’s silly expensive.

Associate
Link doesn’t work but I haven’t chosen a case. Might go with Mous or caudabe case, I have a caudabe case on my xs at the moment. Quite slim and has managed to protect my iPhone through a few drops etc.

Probably wait and see what else comes out before I buy one. I like the official silicone ones that Apple are doing but at £50, it’s silly expensive.

Always worth the price.

Soldato

Thanks I've edited the link, should work now. Yeh £50 for a silicone case is silly, I had a look at the Mous ones and they didn't tickle my fancy.

Soldato
If I’m spending an obscene amount of money on an iPhone, I’d want an equally high quality case to go with that and I know I’ll get that with an Apple one. Always look better than the others as well.

I've seen videos saying that it's not the best quality. Like after it's been dropped the colour starts peeling off the case.

Caporegime
Thanks I've edited the link, should work now. Yeh £50 for a silicone case is silly, I had a look at the Mous ones and they didn't tickle my fancy.
Thanks, case looks nice but I’m thinking as I’m getting the pacific blue colour, I’d probably go for a clear case to show off the colour etc. If I was going for silver, gold or graphite colour then I’d get something like the above case.
Mous cases are nice but they don’t really appeal to me other than shock absorption. I don’t see a full clear case on their website even though they said a couple of yrs ago they would add one.

Commissario
If I’m spending an obscene amount of money on an iPhone, I’d want an equally high quality case to go with that and I know I’ll get that with an Apple one. Always look better than the others as well.
Horses for courses, personally I think a phone looks better out of the case. The glass on the iPhone 11 has been proven to be particularly good and Apple claim it's even better on the 12.

Caporegime
I ended up going for the 12 Pro (non max) in the end. Does anyone have any recommendations for a really slim case? Like the sub 1mm cases you can get - currently looking at peel cases.
Yeh I suggest do not get peel cases. I bought one for my xs, took forever to get to me and when it arrived it had scratches all over it. So spent a week or so arguing with them and they sent me another one, which was better but after about 8-9 mths the bottom of the case started to flex inwards lol.
In the end rather than go through the hassle of them replacing it, I got a caudabe case, similar to the peel slim one but in frosted finish and 2 yrs on it’s still perfect.

Soldato
Yeh I suggest do not get peel cases. I bought one for my xs, took forever to get to me and when it arrived it had scratches all over it. So spent a week or so arguing with them and they sent me another one, which was better but after about 8-9 mths the bottom of the case started to flex inwards lol.
In the end rather than go through the hassle of them replacing it, I got a caudabe case, similar to the peel slim one but in frosted finish and 2 yrs on it’s still perfect.

Thanks, maybe give them a miss then.

Soldato
Thanks, case looks nice but I’m thinking as I’m getting the pacific blue colour, I’d probably go for a clear case to show off the colour etc. If I was going for silver, gold or graphite colour then I’d get something like the above case.
Mous cases are nice but they don’t really appeal to me other than shock absorption. I don’t see a full clear case on their website even though they said a couple of yrs ago they would add one.

Yeh I've ordered a pacific blue, I thought the brown leather effect would work well with the blue.

Associate
Aaaaand I've cancelled my IP12 Pro order. The more I think about it the more it just seems a pointless upgrade from the 11 Pro.

The only real feature that interested me was ProRaw but I've got a feeling they'll still force you to suffer the ultra aggressive image processing they employ on the 11.

You’re not helping :D I’ve got a 12pro on order and I keep checking out the cancel button. I keep looking up 11pro deals and even second hand ones. There’ll be some iPhone 12pro reviews out soon and can make my mind up then.

Soldato
You’re not helping :D I’ve got a 12pro on order and I keep checking out the cancel button. I keep looking up 11pro deals and even second hand ones. There’ll be some iPhone 12pro reviews out soon and can make my mind up then.

The thing is the 11 Pro is such a good phone already. It’s slick, fast, beautiful phone and display etc. I can just imagine getting the 12 Pro delivered popping my SIM in and noticing absolutely no difference whatsoever. Obviously it’s objectively better but I don’t think anyone can honestly justify the upgrade from the 11 Pro unless you just enjoy handing Apple your hard earned cash.
As for 5G, it’s years away from being anything other than hype which is probably why Apple have taken so long with it anyway.

Soldato
What USB C charger is everyone going for? Bit narked off that I need to buy one really. Apple's 20w is £19, though I can see ESR 20w plugs on Amazon for £12.99 or a Spigen 27w one for about £8, so not sure the apple one is necessary?

Are you not an existing iPhone owner? If you genuinely don't have any existing cables or USB-C power points then you're in the minority which is the whole point really. Why supply unnecessary hardware to the majority?

I ordered the 12 Pro for delivery next week, changed my mind due to the specs not being massively different for 12 that I collect this Saturday. Now I'm about to order a Pro again as I prefer the blue colour. 256GB size.

Now the Pro has shipping time of Nov :( borrowing a 6 at the mo, but another mate is lending me his spare XR tonight so I can at least get back onto IOS14 and do a restore.

Sold my 11 Pro at the weekend for £675, at least I didn't give it away this time unlike my 8 256GB that I gave to mate..

I have no idea what you have or what you've ordered any more :D

Wasx thinking the same. Makes sense for a car charger but zero sense anywhere else unless I'm seriously missing something?

It allows the charger to line up more accurately and reliably, providing increased charging power and reduced charging time.

If it's that much of a problem, just stick the charger to the bedside table.

Aaaaand I've cancelled my IP12 Pro order. The more I think about it the more it just seems a pointless upgrade from the 11 Pro.

It is pointless from the 11 Pro. Upgrading annually is a mug's game.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom