• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

a suggestion for Gibbo

Associate

I think it's perfectly moral, you're not forced to use their service you gave consent for them to bill you when you checked out. And if you don't like it you can cancel and get a full refund.

You don't have to crawl forums for updates, they're all in one place in one thread which is linked to from the update email, it's 1 click.

The email updates go out once a week, the queue system wasn't available at launch and had to be implemented specifically for this launch. There's no point in doing them more frequently as deliveries are not more frequent than once a week.

An "OK amount" is as much as they are allowed to tell you without breaking NDA and being banned from selling cards, it's that simple.

You're not "the customers" you don't represent "the customers". There's many of us that understand the situation is bad, that it's not OCUKs fault, and that we'd prefer to queue and use their system rather than be stuck with no queue which is your only other option. We're happy to wait, we're fine paying up front and if they can't give us updates that's not their fault. If you're not happy with any of that if you think it's a bad deal then cancel your order for a full refund.

Threats to not use OCUK cannot change the supply situation, it cannot change the level of information Gibbo can give you in the official thread, it doesn't change the lack of information in the supply chain for these products resulting is lack of ETAs. Those things are beyond OCUKs control. So your objections are pointless and driven by emotion about how you think you're unfairly treated, as if it's some kind of personal attack on you or some lack of giving a damn on their part, it's not.

We don't perceive things differently, you're letting your emotions get the better of you. I understand that the situation is lame, but it is what it is and we're all stuck waiting. Getting upset that updates are few and far between when it has no bearing on your decision is why I say people are in a tizz. At this point it's just people trying to emotionally cope with the wait. Logically more information is not going to have substantive change on the situation. I learned a long time ago a very hard lesson to never complain about the best option you have, if you had better options you'd cancel here and go use them, all this bluster is basically just coping with the wait.

Permabanned
I think it's perfectly moral, you're not forced to use their service you gave consent for them to bill you when you checked out. And if you don't like it you can cancel and get a full refund.

You don't have to crawl forums for updates, they're all in one place in one thread which is linked to from the update email, it's 1 click.

The email updates go out once a week, the queue system wasn't available at launch and had to be implemented specifically for this launch. There's no point in doing them more frequently as deliveries are not more frequent than once a week.

An "OK amount" is as much as they are allowed to tell you without breaking NDA and being banned from selling cards, it's that simple.

You're not "the customers" you don't represent "the customers". There's many of us that understand the situation is bad, that it's not OCUKs fault, and that we'd prefer to queue and use their system rather than be stuck with no queue which is your only other option. We're happy to wait, we're fine paying up front and if they can't give us updates that's not their fault. If you're not happy with any of that if you think it's a bad deal then cancel your order for a full refund.

Threats to not use OCUK cannot change the supply situation, it cannot change the level of information Gibbo can give you in the official thread, it doesn't change the lack of information in the supply chain for these products resulting is lack of ETAs. Those things are beyond OCUKs control. So your objections are pointless and driven by emotion about how you think you're unfairly treated, as if it's some kind of personal attack on you or some lack of giving a damn on their part, it's not.

We don't perceive things differently, you're letting your emotions get the better of you. I understand that the situation is lame, but it is what it is and we're all stuck waiting. Getting upset that updates are few and far between when it has no bearing on your decision is why I say people are in a tizz. At this point it's just people trying to emotionally cope with the wait. Logically more information is not going to have substantive change on the situation. I learned a long time ago a very hard lesson to never complain about the best option you have, if you had better options you'd cancel here and go use them, all this bluster is basically just coping with the wait.
the funny thing is they can do something about it as half the cards they are getting are going into pre builts even though most of those dont have pre order queues. Its ridiculous we have pre ordered and payed them money to get the cards and there putting them into pre builts which aren't selling out meaning they have an over stock of the cards for pre builts.

Pet Northerner
Don
*sigh*

As with all ther others nobody forced you to accept OCUKs policy of paying upfront for a card.

You chose to do that. You could wait like all the others and get one later where the card is shipped when you pay.

It was your choice.

as for not being in a tiz?

*looks at the mammoth posts*

Sure pal.

Associate
Sounds like stock is being skimmed off. As for the NDA. Why would their be one for a product that 'officially' launched September 17th and it's now October 19th.

Product is either being scalped off like what we saw with MSI or being held back for pre-builds.

Associate
Are we making suggestions? Right...

I recommend updating the thread after you've had lunch, that way you'll not get hungry part way through posting.

Associate
If Gibbo starts posting numbers in the updates people will quickly realise that competitors are getting more stock on a more daily basis which will lead to tons more cancellations and loss for the company which is what they don’t want.

They want your money and they wanna keep it

Soldato
If Gibbo starts posting numbers in the updates people will quickly realise that competitors are getting more stock on a more daily basis which will lead to tons more cancellations and loss for the company which is what they don’t want.

They want your money and they wanna keep it

The amount of people who have had their pants taken down and can't even see it for what it is defies belief, it's no wonder retailers etc get bolder and bolder with their anti-consumer tactics, as there is an endless supply of fools out there with zero common sense and who don't mind getting mugged off for the best part of a grand.

Soldato
Can you imagine the hell on if they could post actual numbers

Example :-

so and so says their queue position is 1128 for the MSI Gaming X Trio 3080.

In the update thread on deliveries, and how to cancel thread, Gibbo posts

Ive had 1x Gaming X Trio 3080 in today

:D
LOL i just seen this post from Huw Evans and straight away thought of your post :D
This thread has gone extremely quiet. Anyone else finally get hold of a 30 series recently? I was in position 85 about 3 weeks ago, I'm now position 84 haha
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/posts/34093630/

Associate
The amount of people who have had their pants taken down and can't even see it for what it is defies belief, it's no wonder retailers etc get bolder and bolder with their anti-consumer tactics, as there is an endless supply of fools out there with zero common sense and who don't mind getting mugged off for the best part of a grand.

I have been robbed of my £700 and I am left with no graphics card, I’ve had to suffer with my original Xbox One for a month now

Soldato
I have been robbed of my £700 and I am left with no graphics card, I’ve had to suffer with my original Xbox One for a month now

You'll know what to do next time - tell them to shove their pre-order BS where the sun don't shine. This was a co-ordinated cash-grab, simple as that. OCUK or whomever you ordered from have got your money, they don't give a flying **** whether you've got your card or not.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Rest assured, you will get your 3080 just before the 20GB version comes out for not much more money :D

I mentioned this on the nvidia 8nm thread weeks ago and a guy nearly had a conniption. Back then he quashed it. I was only pointing out the leak info that they were being manufactured.. guess he will set blinkers to full now.

nvidia can do no wrong mate. Defies belief after this joke people will still buy the brand. At least some will vote with their wallet now for a gen or two, but it wont be many out of the 80% mindshare out there.

Associate
No money should have been taken until the cards were despatched - that would have been the morally right and sensible thing to do here.
No one else is doing this, why was there a need to take the money knowing full well no cards were in stock in most cases or even likely to arrive for months, it’s made OC look poor in many people eyes.

People were told it was a preorder yes - But I don’t honestly think anyone imagined it would be this long a wait and they certainly didn’t imagine being advised by OC to trawl through forums for cryptic messages or frankly laughable user made spreadsheets - who else does that ? It’s just insulting.

Again no one does and I didn’t think the money would come out of my account until the card was despatched - I actually got quite excited when it was taken thinking the card was coming..

You mention weekly updates ?
Where ARE these weekly updates ?
I ask as I haven’t had them or seen them
I’ve had two emails in the last month with two random que numbers on.

I thought “ok so what does that actually tell me as regards getting my order?”
Nothing - it tells me nothing at all.

The numbers mean nothing and I cannot even ask OC as they don’t know and I cannot even reply to the email as it won’t allow me...

They mention an “official thread on the forum” -
Ok so I look on the forum for this “official thread”
No disrespect intended but the thread is crap frankly there is no content in that thread whatsoever.
“An ok amount”, “a small amount” This is an OFFICIAL OC thread ? Really guys ?

It would be laughable if I wasn’t £1700 out of pocket with an unknown wait and unable to pick one up elsewhere as a result of that tie in.

They don’t know when stock will come.
Ok fine - but they should not have taken the money from people but simply registered people’s interest in a que or waited until they had stock and listed it until it sold out, rinse and repeat.
That’s putting customers first.

As a reputable retailer I expect far better and I cannot say it hasn’t made OC look anything but bad, especially with the last minute price hikes as well - for kit they didn’t even have to send out..

The stock levels are the same for every retailer but only overclockers are looking bad in the eyes of many people because they are the only ones taking peoples money, sitting on it and not updating them with anything meaningful.

I’ve used OC for over a decade now and spent many many thousands now (more then I’d tell my wife lol)
I’d never ever ever pre order from them again as a direct result of how this has been handled.

The stock or rather lack of stock isn’t the issue for me it’s the way they have handled the pre orders is really poor, the lack of clarity and the total lack of updates to the customer coupled with a frankly insulting nonsense official forum thread that doesn’t actually tell anyone anything.

It’s been really poorly thought through and the whole emphasis has been clearly focused on taking as much money as possible and sitting on it and dangling a “don’t lose your que place”.

There is no emphasis on customers in any way shape or form and that it the really disappointing thing for me.
I guess we all perceive things differently but it’s made me think a lot less of them as a retailer.

Xbox and PS5 tens of thousands of pre orders taken, only a £50 deposit for a £500 machine with a delivery and shipping date, vs paying £1700 up front and mostly radio silence.

I agree with you it stinks and will talk with my wallet for years to come.

Back
Top Bottom