Poll: Woo-hoo, the clocks go back to GMT this weekend!

What's your preferred choice?

• 1. BST

Votes: 71 43.0%
  • 2. GMT

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • 3. BLT

Votes: 26 15.8%
  • 4. DIY

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • 5. Feek Shmeek

Votes: 29 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
Of all the years, we should have had a trial run staying at BST this year.

A huge amount of us are now getting up 5 minutes before starting work from home so light mornings make absolutely no difference, we just lose an hour of daylight in the evening.

What.. That's a waste of 4 good minutes sleep!
That's 20 minutes a week!

I wish it was GMT+2 all year round.
I'll settle for GMT +1.

GMT is poo!

Why would anyone want darker evenings?

Caporegime
GMT is the reason animals go in to hibernation. If you want to be responsible for those animals giving up on life for 50% of the year, that's on you. If you're not sadistic, BST and warmer weather is the only option.

Soldato
GMT is the reason animals go in to hibernation. If you want to be responsible for those animals giving up on life for 50% of the year, that's on you. If you're not sadistic, BST and warmer weather is the only option.
If only we could do that this year. We could wake up at the end of March and Covid-19 would be gone and even better we would not have to have put with GMT ;)

Soldato
Surely farmers can just get up at a different time if it's that big of a deal? It's worse for everyone else so should be scrapped.

Associate
It never washed. Farmers are one group who can easily set thier schedules disregarding the numbers on the clock
Yeah, that's always bothered me.

Even if it was true, farmers are a tiny fraction of the population; why would the time be so catered to them?!

Of all the years, we should have had a trial run staying at BST this year.

A huge amount of us are now getting up 5 minutes before starting work from home so light mornings make absolutely no difference, we just lose an hour of daylight in the evening.
That's a fair argument, I'll not benefit a jot this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Tbh I love the Autumn in particular and look forward to the clocks going back. "The Long Dark" as I call it is my favourite time of year.

I quite like the long summer nights, but the light mornings can **** right off, birds going mental and it being light when it's still night time is no good to me.

Anything before 7AM is still night time as far as I am concerned. The Long Dark fits in much better with my Night Owl tendencies.

Soldato
I'm so happy that we'll be back to GMT (UTC, Z, etc) this coming weekend.

We invented time, we invented Greenwich, we invented longitude and we invented clocks*

We'll be back to proper time again... BST, you can do one!

Everyone gets an extra hour sleep, except for insomniacs who can have an extra hour staring at the ceiling.

Ban.

Back
Top Bottom