• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Soldato
I have the Sapphire 5700xt Nitro+ SE I thought my overclock of [email protected] ingame 2070mhz was stable hours of Heaven Benchmark 4.0, Superposition Benchmark, 3d mark and few games like wwz, cod but as soon I ran the Shadow of the Tomb Raider benchmark it kept crashing only [email protected] it completed , temps 70-76c with 50% to 55% fan

I tried thermal grizzly kryonaut 3 times pea method, thin spread, slightly thicker spread all gave the same temp , I found old paste of Arctic MX 3 I thought id try its so much easier to spread the temps seem better by few C lower

My case corsair 570x doesnt help with having the 360 rad at the front so no real cool air coming in

Soldato
I have the Sapphire 5700xt Nitro+ SE I thought my overclock of [email protected] ingame 2070mhz was stable hours of Heaven Benchmark 4.0, Superposition Benchmark, 3d mark and few games like wwz, cod but as soon I ran the Shadow of the Tomb Raider benchmark it kept crashing only [email protected] it completed , temps 70-76c with 50% to 55% fan

I tried thermal grizzly kryonaut 3 times pea method, thin spread, slightly thicker spread all gave the same temp , I found old paste of Arctic MX 3 I thought id try its so much easier to spread the temps seem better by few C lower

My case corsair 570x doesnt help with having the 360 rad at the front so no real cool air coming in

Tbh I've not found pastes much different, I stick with MX4 nowadays cause its cheap and easy to spread, I usually put a line and then attach cooler be it GPU or CPU, from now on tho I'll be keeping to liquid metal for GPU cooling, makes a world of difference

Soldato
Tbh I've not found pastes much different, I stick with MX4 nowadays cause its cheap and easy to spread, I usually put a line and then attach cooler be it GPU or CPU, from now on tho I'll be keeping to liquid metal for GPU cooling, makes a world of difference

Yes I agree will be sticking to MX 4 as you said its cheaper and it spreads well , I dont have the guts to try liquid metal I just keep picturing it shorting out

Soldato
Yes I agree will be sticking to MX 4 as you said its cheaper and it spreads well , I dont have the guts to try liquid metal I just keep picturing it shorting out

Was something that worried me, and tbh I probably didn't do it perfect being first time using it, but was easy enough, just put clear nail varnish on the SMD's around your die, and go careful near the edges

Associate

Try 2000/1100 +30% power limit same card as yours

Soldato
Was something that worried me, and tbh I probably didn't do it perfect being first time using it, but was easy enough, just put clear nail varnish on the SMD's around your die, and go careful near the edges

Think I'll pass probably sell it soon depends what AMD releases next

Try 2000/1100 +30% power limit same card as yours

Just tried what boost do you get ingame ? Im getting 1971mhz

Soldato
Mine is 12h 3dmark stable but I get the odd crash in World of Warcraft (but not in DirectX12 mode), War for the Overworld and even N Sane Trilogy.

As someone who has owned a lot of AMD cards, the drivers seem to be as bad as i’ve ever seen.

sadpanda.jpg

Soldato
Updated drivers last night(to ver 20.10.1) and now my core clock speed is at 800Mhz when Idle. It used to be at 5-7 MHz before at desktop, only ramping up when activity on desktop applications and games.
Anyone else noticed that?

Soldato
Updated drivers last night(to ver 20.10.1) and now my core clock speed is at 800Mhz when Idle. It used to be at 5-7 MHz before at desktop, only ramping up when activity on desktop applications and games.
Anyone else noticed that?

my issue was the other way round
when I cold booted computer it would idle 5-8mhz but if I ran benchmarks or play games it would give lesser performance and give me stutters and crashing , but if I rebooted right away after cold boot it would idle 800mhz and no crashes and stutters and ran fine

So i searched and found if I turned off fast start up in windows it cold booted to 800mhz, also reading if you have fast boot in bios can cause it but it didnt solve it for me

Associate
Bit random, but has anyone else had crashing/rebooting issues when using the AMD Radeon software?

It's been fine for the most part, but when playing Fortnite (speficially, which I found weird - everything else was fine) it would regularly either plainly reboot the pc or crash the AMD software and kick me back to the desktop. I've since started killing the .exe (all 3 of them) before starting and lo and behold, no crashes whatsoever for the past 2 weeks.

Currently running 20.9.2, using all defaults and various over/underclocking setups to try and test but all had the same issues. I've tried tons of versions all with the same outcome.

I've not looked too much further into it as its working atm, but thought I'd ask if anyone else had come across similar weirdness.

Cheers

Associate
Bit random, but has anyone else had crashing/rebooting issues when using the AMD Radeon software?

It's been fine for the most part, but when playing Fortnite (speficially, which I found weird - everything else was fine) it would regularly either plainly reboot the pc or crash the AMD software and kick me back to the desktop. I've since started killing the .exe (all 3 of them) before starting and lo and behold, no crashes whatsoever for the past 2 weeks.

Currently running 20.9.2, using all defaults and various over/underclocking setups to try and test but all had the same issues. I've tried tons of versions all with the same outcome.

I've not looked too much further into it as its working atm, but thought I'd ask if anyone else had come across similar weirdness.

Cheers

You dont have oculus at all do you??

That was causing my PC to crash even though the software wasnt running. it ran some EXE in the background which were causing me issues for a while. 'Who crashed' didnt bring anything up, it was event viewer which spotted it.

Soldato
Is the 5700XT still got few years left? with all the new gpu and cpus and next gen I see people posting saying the card is no good now for new games coming out?

Yes its fine although I have not seen people post this lately. Ignore the people who constantly say x graphics card is now no good for new games on the day y is released. It doesnt just stop working when a new card is released. People can be so overly dramatic and totally inaccurate. They tend to forget games have detail settings that you can turn up or down too depending on the performance of your card.

Think about it sensibly if that were true then why do people still have 980TI's, 1080's etc etc etc. How can they know a graphics card is "not going to work" on a game not even released yet. Its utter poppycock.

Handles 1080p and 1440p fine and even 4k if you play around with the AMD settings like I just read someone does in the RDNA2 thread.

Back
Top Bottom