Sony Xperia 5 II

Associate
If you use nova launcher you can sub categorise apps to be in a separate tab / folder so they no longer appear in the app drawer.

I'm not sure why anyone uses Nova these days. It is still based on an ancient build of the Pixel launcher and is bloated and slow, with sluggish animations that don't fit in well with Android 10.

Lawnchair 2 is a much better alternative, though it hasn't received an update in a while.

I'm currently using Niagara Launcher, entirely different to the above but I find it works really well for me.

I will be trying to stick with the Sony launcher on my 5 ii for a while though, but on traditional launchers like that I like to be able to put folders on the dock but only see one icon (tap to open the first app in folder, swipe up to open the folder)

Mine appears to be on way too! Frantically ordered a case and tempered glass!

Associate
When you pull down the notification panel, is there a user icon there?
Yup, once multi user is enabled i can see the person icon beside the settings cog.

Can anyone who has received their phone confirm whether it comes bundled with a basic case or not? Otherwise will look to order a cheap one for the time being. Thanks!

No case sadly. I ordered a cheap case from Amazon until spigen release the rugged armor or something from caseology.

I find the phone very slippery and i keep hitting edges with my palm near the thumb.

Associate
I'm not sure why anyone uses Nova these days. It is still based on an ancient build of the Pixel launcher and is bloated and slow, with sluggish animations that don't fit in well with Android 10.

Lawnchair 2 is a much better alternative, though it hasn't received an update in a while.

I'm currently using Niagara Launcher, entirely different to the above but I find it works really well for me.

I will be trying to stick with the Sony launcher on my 5 ii for a while though, but on traditional launchers like that I like to be able to put folders on the dock but only see one icon (tap to open the first app in folder, swipe up to open the folder)

Mine appears to be on way too! Frantically ordered a case and tempered glass!

Tbh I havent noticed any issues with nova, but I'll look at the alternatives you suggested, the only thing I use it for is icon packs in fairness (plus some gesture shortcuts).

Edit what tempered glass did you order? Was it the Olixar one - beware the last one I got was just adhesive at the edges - I'm hoping they have changed it....

Last edited:
Associate
Got it an hour ago, came with the headphones. Still setting everything up.

Couple of questions for other users:
1. How can you create folders in the app drawer? As soon as you try and move an app, it just takes me to the home screen.
2. Can I change the grid size? I.e. how many apps appear horizontally?
3. With 'Dynamic Vibration' enabled, if I use the headphones it still vibrates. If I turn it down, music stops playing even though music volume is turned up. Anyone else experienced this?

Associate
Is there anyway to force apps to update on the new phone so they include usernames and passwords etc.... From. P20 PRO..

There is an option to restore your apps when sign in with your google account. It automatically downloaded all the apps that I had and a couple of settings like wifi password etc.

In some apps the login creds carried over. The rest like banking apps, last pass, and etc I had to sign in.

Associate
First post, long time lurker!

How are people finding the point and shoot camera? I really fancy a change from my Pixel 3 XL, but IMO the camera is just so good and I don't want to take a massive step backwards.

Back
Top Bottom