• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Yeah no pro thanks. Maybe ask Chokka on here because I bought this off him and at the time he said he had 2 but couldn't remember which he had used, it's possible that was the one he used and still has an unused code. :)

Unfortunately that's definitely the correct code. I tried the other one I had myself again to be sure after talking to you, and it isn't accepting it so it's definitely the one I used.

I can't believe that someone has taken the code and not bothered to even say thanks. Some people...:rolleyes:

Associate
Uggggh Im having serious case of fomo atm, I preordered the series S as I thought that'd be all I'd need but the closer it gets to release date the more i regret and wish I'd gotten the X, I've bought the 360 and xbox one on release date so have no idea what I was thinking :o

Soldato
Uggggh Im having serious case of fomo atm, I preordered the series S as I thought that'd be all I'd need but the closer it gets to release date the more i regret and wish I'd gotten the X, I've bought the 360 and xbox one on release date so have no idea what I was thinking :o

What TV have you got?
If you don't have a 4K / HDR TV then don't worry about it, upgrade when they become available again. You don't even really need a 4k HDR with HDMI 2.1 yet either.

I got an S for the kids' room as they have a 42" 1080P TV in there, and I'm still tempted to put it on my Q95T, if my dealings for a series X fall through (I have a PS5 preorder, changed my mind but found a local dude who wants to swap his series X preorder for a PS5 instead :p)

Soldato
Ok.. so there are some building rumours about something HUGE for xbox moving forward... all of this is just guesswork but its starting to spread like wildfire. Could Steam be coming to series X?

Xbox NZ and A twitter account posted this earlier..

122162030-10158557897040801-6200888113921787986-o.png

Obviously GPS coordinates that lead to queenstown New Zealand..

122143962-10158557898485801-8028967516738573512-o.png

The same day, Geoff Keighleigh posted on twitter about a zoom call with him Phil Spencer and Gabe Newell..

122143216-10158557896595801-3914699886760180659-o.png

And with todays Xbox App Update we see a section to add friends from steam...

122045126-775252066660145-3094178617015778460-n.jpg

Soldato
What content from steam would be useful? It's all pc games. Now, if all those games could run with some kind of prey determined graphics settings....

Soldato
What content from steam would be useful? It's all pc games. Now, if all those games could run with some kind of prey determined graphics settings....

Seing as the series X is basically a 3700x with a GPU on par with a 2080 super, and supports keyboard and mouse.. quite a lot would work.

Soldato
There was a wild rumour around January that the X might be able to run in "PC mode" ... which sounded very doubtful at the time.

Edit: Someone from FaceBook said it's 100% not steam on Xbox :p

Prowling his account, he is the owner of a Sydney-based advertising agency. I questioned him to ask if it's a Kiwi based game studio and if this woman has anything to do with it https://twitter.com/loriipops?s=21 . He said it's not a games studio, but that woman is in fact involved.

My guess at the whole thing is that it's just a marketing campaign.

Last edited:
Soldato
If that's true then I'll be mightily impressed, especially if it meant we'd automatically get the console version of any cross-platform games in our Steam library. Unlikely but that would blow my mind.

Soldato
Game Pass PC is moving to Stream.

That would be massive. The big hurdle at the moment is the Windows Store. Red Dead 2 didn't come to Game Pass on PC, mainly because of Windows Store. Doom Eternal isn't coming to Game Pass on PC until December because it needs to be ported to Windows Store. Nobody likes Windows Store. It uses a weird file system and isn't compatible with mods. For games, it's a janky pain in the ass.

Using Steam would be better for the players. And it would blow the doors open in terms of the selection of games that could come to Game Pass.

OTOH, if it's Steam on Xbox then I'll probably be selling my PC :p

Soldato
Game Pass PC is moving to Stream.

That would be massive. The big hurdle at the moment is the Windows Store. Red Dead 2 didn't come to Game Pass on PC, mainly because of Windows Store. Doom Eternal isn't coming to Game Pass on PC until December because it needs to be ported to Windows Store. Nobody likes Windows Store. It uses a weird file system and isn't compatible with mods.
This. It'll be xbox game pass for PC and Steam integration/including games on steam in game pass.

If it was the ability to play PC games on console, no-one would ever buy the console version at 3/4/5x the price, and MS would have made a huge song and dance about this before the new RTX cards were announced.

Soldato
. Nobody likes Windows Store. It uses a weird file system and isn't compatible with mods. For games, it's a janky pain in the ass.

Using Steam would be better for the players. And it would blow the doors open in terms of the selection of games that could come to Game Pass.

OTOH, if it's Steam on Xbox then I'll probably be selling my PC :p

It does support mods. Not sure what the current state of it is but there's a handful of of moddable games on game pass at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom