• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AN UNMITIGATED DISASTER

fx1

fx1

Associate
So i have just found out that one of the major retailers has received so far ZERO MSI Gaming Trio's so far!

Thats right.... Not a single card. They have had 3 deliveries of only the cheaper model.

So an entire month has passed since launch and no stock in the UK. They dont think anyone has received any stock of this card. If they did they got tiny numbers.

I have moved a whole 2 positions in the queue of over 900.

Any cards that are coming are being held back so they can sell full build gaming PC's.

I hope AMD come out with a good GPU so they can take away as many orders from Nvidia as possible. This paper launch is getting worse the more information that comes out.

If you are waiting on a Strix / Extreme or some other high end card i dont see anyone getting stock this year. The manufacturers are basically lying about the reality of supply.

This retailer claims all preorders should be fullfilled by end of November which as far as i can tell is a lie.

OcUK Staff
MSI 3090 Gaming Trio so far 27 received and shipped.
MSI 3080 Gaming Trio so far 55 received and shipped.

Fingers crossed more due next week, but no confirmation yet.

Shipments are small and far between, NVIDIA are telling me production of GPUs is now ramping and all board partners should be sticking more volume in 2-3 weeks worldwide.

SI stock is separate to retail stock and has no impact, the above was all retail customers.
However so far I believe MSI has not allocated any SI stock yet on Gaming Trio, no doubt because MSI believe Gaming Trio is not an SI product in early stages.

Associate
MSI 3090 Gaming Trio so far 27 received and shipped.
MSI 3080 Gaming Trio so far 55 received and shipped.

Fingers crossed more due next week, but no confirmation yet.

Shipments are small and far between, NVIDIA are telling me production of GPUs is now ramping and all board partners should be sticking more volume in 2-3 weeks worldwide.
When can we expect a delivery of you having a mental breakdown over this entire situation and the community response?

Soldato
I haven't heard much about this, but Nvidia are currently building several HUGE supercomputers around the world (one in Cambridge, one in Italy...) with 10s of thousands of Ampere based GPUs. I think it's clear the vast majority of their production capacity is going there rather than gaming cards.

Man of Honour
I haven't heard much about this, but Nvidia are currently building several HUGE supercomputers around the world (one in Cambridge, one in Italy...) with 10s of thousands of Ampere based GPUs. I think it's clear the vast majority of their production capacity is going there rather than gaming cards.

I would have to check but I think they will be using 7nm TSMC for anything professional which has got nothing to do with the 8nm Samsung used in the 3XXX cards.

Soldato
If they are A100 chips they are on TSMC 7Nm not Samsung 8NM.

Associate
@Gibbo
Can you please answer the question I asked you in the other thread.
You said that 10 of the 3080 trios have been dispatched on the 15th.
How come sub 100 queue moved only 6-7 places and positions 4 and 5 didn't move at all?

OcUK Staff
@Gibbo
Can you please answer the question I asked you in the other thread.
You said that 10 of the 3080 trios have been dispatched on the 15th.
How come sub 100 queue moved only 6-7 places and positions 4 and 5 didn't move at all?

Because I have no idea, that is my answer unfortunately. 10 were for retail, 10 were booked in for retail and 10 shipped out for retail, that is all I can see, 10 in, 10 out, I cannot see the finer specifics and thus cannot really answer your question, sorry I cannot be of any real help.

Back
Top Bottom