• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Well anyone higher than 300 for TUF Non OC will have gained a place. I don't actually believe these cards will get made at all, Asus are full of ****. By the time they fulfill the pre orders for the OC models the 20gb versions will be the priority. Thanks for the updates today Gibbo, I think I'll just buy a new guitar with the refund and pick up the Inno3d X4 when you eventually have it in stock.

Associate
Posters here should think themselves fortunate they're not at the same time having to deal with Virgin medias laughably titled 'customer services' which appear to no longer actually exist. Like many poor companies VM have used the covid as an excuse to limit what was prior to extremely poor CS to nothing by closing most of their contact centres and telling people not to contact them at all! The only time they are prepared to have contact is to take new business or if someone is cancelling the services. There's no Email and the live chat apparantly now takes them over 24 hours to answer !

And you think OCUK is bad ??

Associate
I wish I had ordered the OC version now as id be a probably very low in the queue. I assumed since they had the non oc in stock at launch that it would be the more shipped model. I have a feeling it may due to the whole Nvidia rebate thing if AIBs sell a certain amount of stock near MSRP, which in this case would be the non oc.
Why? There's no OC cards going out either.

Associate
Well crap :D,

I only preordered yesterday morning due to waiting to insure cash for the 3080 Strix OC was available, was obviously expecting a fair wait, (naively end of December-ish), but with no queue number as of yet it'll be well into next year now I guess.

Associate
hello there, dumb question,
how my warranty will work if i have any issue ? most of them work by giving proof of purchase and they took the date on it.
if i receive my card 3 month after purchase what will be the state of my warranty ?

thank you

Associate
Same, I actually switched from Eagle to non-OC a few days in. I'm now 3rd in queue. I happen to know that 3rd in the queue for an OC is about half an hour later than me in order time and if I'd of paid the extra £30, I'd probably have had my card for two weeks already.

The worst thing is when I switched, the guy on the phone specifically told me that non-OCs were coming in the following day. He was wrong, it was OCs. That's probably part of why I'm still so mad at OCUK.

That’s annoying as yeah, you would have. It is what it is. I’m 148th and I preordered at 16:53 so I’m not as bad as I thought.
Fingers crossed we get some larger shipments mid november ish to cover us :)

Associate
Well crap :D,

I only preordered yesterday morning due to waiting to insure cash for the 3080 Strix OC was available, was obviously expecting a fair wait, (naively end of December-ish), but with no queue number as of yet it'll be well into next year now I guess.
Q) Would you have still preordered if you knew there were 1000+ahead of you in the queue? With only stock for almost all cards being drip fed out to sellers like OC i anticipate your wait will be well into 2021. Hoping I'm wrong of course and the rumours of a stock surge in November will be a welcome arrival - if it actually happens!

Associate
FWIW, I have been very vocal and critical of OCUK, but i am totally fine with Gibbo's multi post update in the other thread.

All i ask is the line of communication stays open like this

Associate
If you want to call that gullible then go ahead but I'd rather that than a disgruntled entitled individual dictating how a company should run themselves and being gullible enough to think it'll actually have any effect.

Just because someone doesn't agree with how a company goes about its business does not make them entitled. Though I agree, continuously banging on about it shouting into the void doesn't really achieve anything. Being shirty with anyone below management is also pretty lame. People should take their business elsewhere, or... rightfully, add their opinion to the hat and then get in line and just wait for things to iron out.

I do, however, agree with the sentiment that the update posts today were long overdue and do not magically make everything better. These things should have been communicated earlier, rather than waiting until they absolutely had to address it all. As I said elsewhere in this thread, the damage has already been done in my mind and I doubt I can have my mind changed at this point so I'll be buying elsewhere in the future. That may make me unreasonable, sure, but I'm only one person :).

Associate
@GIGA-Man any indication of what is actually happening with respect to the eagles? We keep being told about constant 2 week delays one after another, with OCUK having gotten basically 0 eagles since launch day. I was hoping I wouldn't be in too bad of a position to get this card, but this wait with constant carrots on sticks is making me seriously question whether I will ever go Gigabyte (and OCUK) again. I appreciate the difficult position you are in, and I very much appreciate the fact you are being responsive on the forum, but consumers are feeling lied to constantly because of the stock that is supposedly coming into the UK/IE region but never being seen. I know there is still a week to go until the most recent "2 week delay" is due to be over, and we get any sort of indication on if the shipment arriving into the region as a whole will be more than the small amounts that arrived before launch day? We need to have some indication that these delays at least have some upshot to them

Back
Top Bottom