• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen ClockTuner

Associate
Same, oddly when putting the LLC back to auto (was turbo) I did get a complete run despite the error messages about suggesting to increase voltage compensation.

Did you have Enhance accuracy on too? Try with it off.

He mentions this in patch notes,

You on gigabyte I take it?, use High instead of Turbo or Auto, will hit the desired vdroop sweet spot. Auto will be upto 2.9%, Turbo is 0.5%, High is just right in middle of what he suggests 1-2.3%

I too crash when trying to reach higher clocks on 1.1, but all my previous clocks work, I think its due to new rules, stability checker is def worth running after too and will also expose unstable ram so make sure that is not a factor.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheers I’ll give it a run with high this eve.

Ram should be stable, tested thoroughly with Karhu etc... the v1.0 was stable on all three releases too.

Soldato
righto did not know that so like the ram calculator for cpus i might check it out then
a bit different to the RAM calc he s done, but along the same vein. this tool gives direct access to CPU control in real time in windows so the programme can automatically adjust voltages and overclock per ccx depend on stability the software percieves. with this you techinical should arrive at a stable overclock and/or undervolt as the result which you can dial into the bios should you chose to or use the Ryzen master profile method to load when windows load up. though judging from some of the comments, the stable overclock might be a bit optimistic ie only cinebenched not been torture tested.

the ryzen ram calcualtor works differently as it cant change RAM bios setting in real time. the timings and volts are calculated based on theoretical numbers and can be affected by silicon lottery, mobo quality and other factors considerably. thats why you have to go into bios dial in settings everytime and test for stability

Soldato
Associate
shouldn't you be loading the profile settings into bios anyways? relying on software to load OC profile is a no no for me...hated it when having to do it for GPU (thus liking BIOS flashing) and hates it still for CPU even more...

Yea I'm similar, will do when finished messing about and finalised clocks. It auto loads and then you can close the program and they stick, though I noticed they reset when going to sleep.

Associate
Yea I'm similar, will do when finished messing about and finalised clocks. It auto loads and then you can close the program and they stick, though I noticed they reset when going to sleep.

Believe it uses a scheduled task to trigger on login, could possibly add a trigger event for an EventID that gets generated when coming out of sleep?

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

shouldn't you be loading the profile settings into bios anyways? relying on software to load OC profile is a no no for me...hated it when having to do it for GPU (thus liking BIOS flashing) and hates it still for CPU even more...

I have it as a profile in Ryzen Master. I just run stock for day to day usage (higher single core boost, better gaming) then if I then start something heavy like 3D rendering I'll activate the Ryzen Master profile. Doesn't even need a reboot to switch between stock profile and OC profile.

Soldato
Got mine to do
CCX1 4.350GHz
CCX2 4.375GHz
CCX3 4.225GHz
CCX3 4.225GHz

all @ 1.25V - I dialed in 1.275V just to be a bit more comfortable. silver sample

got 7500 in R20 compared with 7100 so all good. running very cool. testing in Aida (not OCCT yet) and CPU was pegged at 63C under AIO. same temps as my 1600AF. happy days

the whole thing took over 1hr to complete. the diagnostic tool ages.

Soldato
How do you know what "colour" sample you have please ?
After clicking the diagnostic button and let the process finish (can be upto 40min) it will assess the quality of the chip and call it bronze, silver, gold, platinum accordingly based on energy efficiency.

I don’t think that rating has anything to do with how overclockable the chip is. It is just how well the chip can under volt. I believe the CCX rating is the primary governor of how far the chip can go.

Associate
Anybody running a 3900x in a Gigabyte x570 board? (preferbly Auros Pro)
been through CTR guide a few times and for the life of me cant find the default bios settings for using CTR.

I know AMD cool & Quiet should be enabled and also PBO turned off, but what were the other settings???.

Ran CTR in its 1st edition and setup the bios correctly beforehand. now I`ve updated to F30 and want to re-apply above settings (and the rest).

These were the results with CTR 1.0. (Beta)
CPU Silver Sample.
Recomended values for overclocking.
Ref Freq 4275 Mhz
Ref Volt 1250 mV
Recomended values for underclock.
Ref Freq 4150 Mhz
Ref Volt 1175 mV

Thanks Folks.

Back
Top Bottom