• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AN UNMITIGATED DISASTER

Soldato
So i have just found out that one of the major retailers has received so far ZERO MSI Gaming Trio's so far!

Thats right.... Not a single card. They have had 3 deliveries of only the cheaper model.

So an entire month has passed since launch and no stock in the UK. They dont think anyone has received any stock of this card. If they did they got tiny numbers.

I have moved a whole 2 positions in the queue of over 900.

Any cards that are coming are being held back so they can sell full build gaming PC's.

I hope AMD come out with a good GPU so they can take away as many orders from Nvidia as possible. This paper launch is getting worse the more information that comes out.

If you are waiting on a Strix / Extreme or some other high end card i dont see anyone getting stock this year. The manufacturers are basically lying about the reality of supply.

This retailer claims all preorders should be fullfilled by end of November which as far as i can tell is a lie.
Get over it. An unmitigated disaster would be the meltdown at Chernobyl or when that Tsunami killed 250,000 people back in 2004. If you don't like it just cancel your order and move on rather then just get mugged off.

Associate
Because I have no idea, that is my answer unfortunately. 10 were for retail, 10 were booked in for retail and 10 shipped out for retail, that is all I can see, 10 in, 10 out, I cannot see the finer specifics and thus cannot really answer your question, sorry I cannot be of any real help.
Are OcUK offering step up type offering when stock comes in?

I know another UK etailer is doing so and it seems to be a reasonable policy.

Basically if a card has an basic, normal and OC varients, when a shipment of 10 come in they get offered to the 10 people who ordered a version of that card first (even if they didn't chose that specific varient)

Associate
Because I have no idea, that is my answer unfortunately. 10 were for retail, 10 were booked in for retail and 10 shipped out for retail, that is all I can see, 10 in, 10 out, I cannot see the finer specifics and thus cannot really answer your question, sorry I cannot be of any real help.

So much for first come first served... Thanks.

Associate
I haven't heard much about this, but Nvidia are currently building several HUGE supercomputers around the world (one in Cambridge, one in Italy...) with 10s of thousands of Ampere based GPUs. I think it's clear the vast majority of their production capacity is going there rather than gaming cards.

Enterprise version of Ampere is manufactured by TSMC

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I've already had several. Praying AMD do a better job with their upcoming launches.

We have been hoping for some news regarding stock flow just so we know they have inventory moving ready for the flood gates. Please learn from the 3080 mistake and limit sales to one per person or something.

Cancel it, move on. Don't let it upset you. vote with your wallet, because that's the only thing nvidia are really interested in and it's the only way they'll learn.

This. A thousand times over.

Associate
I've already had several. Praying AMD do a better job with their upcoming launches.
Please don't forget that your health and wellbeing are more important than anything involving PC hardware. I've made the mistake of letting work take too much mental capacity and suffered as a result, I'd rather not see anyone else do the same.

Also threads like this should probably be closed, they're not helping foster a good community here.

Associate
The meltdowns over a graphics cards are amazing, everyone knew there was no stock. Wait it out or cancel. Simples..

There was a bloke on this forum complaining about not having the desire to play games on his (very capable rig) because his 3080 hadnt turned up.. :confused::confused: chances are, he wouldnt be able to tell the difference anyway.

Back
Top Bottom