Laurence Fox

Man of Honour
Is there some suggestion now that Laurence Fox has had to "apply physical force to his teenage son"?

If not, what has this fascinating insight got to do with him?
He was referring to me, not LF. When I suggested that that someone like my tall athletics running, rugby playing, weight training teenage son would be hard to control for someone like my 5" 4in petite wife, if such a person didn't want to be controlled and had no older male influence in their life, then he somehow seemed to assume that means I beat up my son. Very strange :)

Soldato
:confused: If you're having to apply physcial force to your teenage son to get him to behave, something went wrong a long time ago.

Teenage boys aren't stupid, you know your mum can't do very much if you decide to kick off and you're 15 and probably bigger and stronger, but your Dad is still probably a big strong man compared to you that you don't **** with. There doesn't actually need to be a physical fight there.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Not quite.

"my petite wife would have little chance controlling him (he's bigger and stronger than me already)" - this implies having to physically control him in some form. Though I agree I could have better worded it. :p
Read the bit before that and you'll see it's an implication of single parenthood and not their actual situation :rolleyes:

Permabanned
Since the #gamergate and #metoo, it's been a constant drum-beat throughout social media and MSM. So yeah, we need to counter the feminazis and tell our boys it's ok to be a man and just not be a dick about it by being respectful

I don't think masculinity is a bad thing, but there is absolutely a sect of idiot baby manchildren on Reddit/4chan/whatever that have a very toxic view of masculinity. Like that MGTOW and Red Pill bunch, who claim they are masculine whilst simultaneously being the biggest bunch of whiny pissbabies you could think of.

Soldato
I ask because this is what you have attributed to Lawrence Fox. Can you agree that he has said no such thing? If not can you provide an example of where he has?

I've never suggested it was exclusively a black issue. Even in my post I pointed out that 95% of men in prison in the USA have no relationship with their father, regardless of race.

Again your first point is true. My point was that a disproportionate amount of black kids grow up without fathers. Its not an all or nothing point. Obama even recognised and talked about this in his fathers day speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj1hCDjwG6M

The stats are clear on this. Children who grow up without fathers suffer many negative consequences. Yes of course there are useless fathers, but overall its almost always better to have them in the home.
I dont mean to sound rude but what has this got to do with Fox?

I'd say it's the other way around. Children, particularly boys, need a father figure. I'd extend it to say that kids need both a mother and a father. While sounding like an old fart I think the Victorians were onto something when it was socially unacceptable to raise a child without two parents.

Now my son is a teenager I can see how my petite wife would have little chance controlling him (he's bigger and stronger than me already). It also worries me that some young men will not have a male role model in their life; fewer men are going into teaching for example (because working with children is now seen as a risky career for a man to go into). So young men turn to their peers for that guidance, resulting in young men learning from other young men.

Yes some fathers are crap and shouldn't be in their childs life. But as a society we seem to have dismissed the value of older men on shaping future generations.
So only strong men should have kids then right?

I have to say I find the level of understanding on this forum very low.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I dont mean to sound rude but what has this got to do with Fox?
What does all the tangential, non-juatified accusations of racism from yourself have to do with Fox?

You have a huge chip on your shoulder buddy - instead of letting it consume your rational judgement, perhaps turn it towards another cause.

I got one for you: Why aren't British Blacks in uproar over 1xtra and the detrimental impact it has had to black culture in the UK? Considering every single other radio station has at least one show with class and discussion, the **** you guys doing allowing filth like snoochy shy to corrupt our nation?

I'll start a thread for you if you want, then perhaps we can keep you in there.

Soldato
What does all the tangential, non-juatified accusations of racism from yourself have to do with Fox?

You have a huge chip on your shoulder buddy - instead of letting it consume your rational judgement, perhaps turn it towards another cause.
I dont really. If people stopped quoting and asking me questions I wouldnt post so much. Its pretty pointless posting in these threads if Im honest. Its like ******* in the wind.

I got one for you: Why aren't British Blacks in uproar over 1xtra and the detrimental impact it has had to black culture in the UK? Considering every single other radio station has at least one show with class and discussion, the **** you guys doing allowing filth like snoochy shy to corrupt our nation?
Im sure there are some.

I'll start a thread for you if you want, then perhaps we can keep you in there.
I cant help being irritated by bigotry and self importance Im afraid.

What seems to have a lot of angry men?
These types of threads.

Last edited:
Soldato
I see angry people here occasionally. But this is a discussion forum, intended for debate and discussion. Someone not agreeing with you doesn't make them an angry person.
Surely you mean me not agreeing with them? I see a lot of angry posts in these types of threads but I suppose it goes with the territory anyway.

Lets be honest these dont come across as happy threads do they?

Maybe instead of people getting so angry at my posts they read them properly and try to understand rather than just go into one all the time. As you say these are meant to be discussions.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Maybe instead of people getting so angry at my posts they read them properly and try to understand rather than just go into one all the time.
That's a ******* laugh right there.

I dont really. If people stopped quoting and asking me questions I wouldnt post so much. Its pretty pointless posting in these threads if Im honest. Its like ******* in the wind.

Haha what an apt analogy!

Im sure there are some.

Nope. Absolute disgrace.

I cant help being irritated by bigotry and self importance Im afraid.

No, you mean you can't help being unnecessarily triggered by conversations slightly above your intellect.

Its boring. Unhelpful. And does nothing to prevent real racism, infact it negatively impacts the progress we've worked hard to make in the past. You're a shameful, dishonest, clearly inadequate in terms of comprehension, and down right bullspit poster ironically causing as much harm as those you accuse.

Fix up mate.

Last edited:

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Back on Fox... someone explain the issue he took with Sikhs in the war movie? Was it simply ignorance on his part and a go at the forced diversity of modern cinema? Or was there something else I don't quite get?

Soldato
No, you mean you can't help being unnecessarily triggered by conversations slightly above your intellect.

Its boring. Unhelpful. And does nothing to prevent real racism, infact it negatively impacts the progress we've worked hard to make in the past. You're a shameful, dishonest, clearly inadequate in terms of comprehension, and down right bullspit poster ironically causing as much harm as those you accuse.

I've avoided having the outbreak you have on so many occasions, all I can say or do is thank you for saying what a huge number of people on this forum (both sides of the political fence) think.

Back
Top Bottom