• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
Wasx thinking the same. Makes sense for a car charger but zero sense anywhere else unless I'm seriously missing something?
The MagSafe magnets don't appear strong enough to hold the attached accessory secure enough for an in car mount to work. Get ready for MagSafe v2 next year :)

:: EDIT :: See the end of the MKBHD vid above for the demo of the MagSafe strength.

Associate
Really liking the matte sides of the 12 and satin finish of the pro. Need Amazon to confirm whether they're going through with my order to sort out cases as otherwise I'll be waiting for the mini.

Soldato
Magsafe not being very strong is a little worrying, also the magsafe card holder looks terrible... his demonstration where he puts it into his pockets, I wonder how many loose holders + cards will end up on the streets because people just blindly put it into their pocket and it falls off.

Here's hoping that the magnets for the accessories can be stronger, a charging phone holder for a car that is purely from the magsafe connector would be fantastic.

Associate
Have a red iPhone 12 coming on Friday. Based on that mkbhd video it is going back. They have changed the red colour to be less red so it looks rubbish.

Soldato
Have a red iPhone 12 coming on Friday. Based on that mkbhd video it is going back. They have changed the red colour to be less red so it looks rubbish.
[Product] PINK not doing it for you? :p

Joking aside watching MKBHD's video and magsafe demonstration I'm seriously left wondering what the hell the point it in magsafe? The wallet is useless as demonstrated... the charger puck thing is just an inconvenient wireless charger as you need two hands to remove your phone rather than one.

The cynic in me thinks its just a desparate attempt by Apple to sell a load more accessories to their devoted fans, however Apple went to great lengths this year to show us that they are against creating excess plastic waste by removing chargers from boxes and making fancy videos demonstrating their green credentials. Most Perplexing!

Associate
[Product] PINK not doing it for you? :p

Joking aside watching MKBHD's video and magsafe demonstration I'm seriously left wondering what the hell the point it in magsafe? The wallet is useless as demonstrated... the charger puck thing is just an inconvenient wireless charger as you need two hands to remove your phone rather than one.

The cynic in me thinks its just a desparate attempt by Apple to sell a load more accessories to their devoted fans, however Apple went to great lengths this year to show us that they are against creating excess plastic waste by removing chargers from boxes and making fancy videos demonstrating their green credentials. Most Perplexing!

Not quite my style!

The MagSafe adapter is to protect the licensing revenue they get from lightning cables when they go portless on the iPhone in a couple of years! Any of the benefits are just marketing to make it less blatant. Would have given them the benefit of the doubt if they didn't cripple Qi charging speed for non MagSafe chargers.

Soldato
Just tried to answer the question "should I buy MagSafe charger" from a friend. You quickly realise how messed up the Apple ecosystem is right now.

Well... iPhone 12 includes a USB C to lightning cable in the box, but if you have a USB A to lightning cable you can still use that - you can use your old iPhone charger fine.
*confused look*

iPad uses USB C to USB C. Apple Watch uses USB A to Qi. iPhone 12 uses USB C to lightning or Qi or MagSafe. That's a different wire for each device... Oh and if you want to take a powerbank on holiday too then you'll need a MicroUSB along with USB A compatible wires.

Back
Top Bottom