Boots pay £1.50 to collect instore

Caporegime
Many Women no seem to think about the car fuel costs & wear/tear when it comes to things like this or they just don't care

How many times have i heard where someone has driven an extra 5 to 10 miles to buy something because it on offer and there saving £1

Bit like some people will waste hours bidding on an item on ebay to save a few quid

Not just women seen plenty of guys do it too.

I have traveled far for a bargain on a couple of occasions but I was literally saving hundreds of pounds for an hour's drive or 90 mins drive one way. I got over £1k worth of speakers for £220 and £1800 alloys on two occasions for £300-£400. £5k worth of dumbells for £500. Needed a van for that too.

But you see a lot of idiots these days are like oh Tesco 5 miles away has this deal on which is £3 cheaper than Asda on your doorstep and I need one.

We need to stop the deal mentality. It's marketing BS most of the time. Where it's got to the point people aren't willing to pay for anything extra like click and collect even though it costs the business more to administer and offer.

Soldato
I maybe wrong but my local Boots seems to keep stock of most things they sell

So there would be no extra delivery costs to them as they could just take the item or item's off the shelf or from the store room..

Many retailers don't tend to do that, the stock gets picked from a warehouse and sent to store regardless of whether the store stocks the same item or not.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Sports Direct do the same, charge £5 to pick it up from their own store, which is simply ridiculous. They do give you a £5 voucher to use in store, at least makes it up a little bit.

It's like these companies that charge for collection don't want more business. I certainly never ordered online from SD again.

Caporegime
Many Women no seem to think about the car fuel costs & wear/tear when it comes to things like this or they just don't care

How many times have i heard where someone has driven an extra 5 to 10 miles to buy something because it on offer and there saving £1

Bit like some people will waste hours bidding on an item on ebay to save a few quid

This this this.

At some point it gets silly.

If you're an occasional seller on eBay.. You sell something for 5 pounds pay postage (minimum 1 pound, go to the post office, (might even have to drive) and then pay the PayPal and ebay fees, may as well just give it away.

Id bin it if I didnt like waste myself.

If there's one thing fb is good for, it's giving away free stuff

Soldato
If it's a generic item that they sell frequently, then i think it's pretty poor to be charging customers a collection fee.

If it's something they don't get a lot of stock of, or infrequent stock, then it's probably fair as they may have to pick up from another store to deliver.

Soldato
A few retailers do this now, I try to avoid them and go elsewhere.

Halfords 'tried' to introduce a collection fee of £4.00 right at the start of lockdown & when people complained/cancelled orders they backtracked and claimed it to be a system error before removing it.

Although their system came directly from in-store stock rather than centrally distributed stock.

When I book a click and collect from Tesco, it's £4 charge if I spend less than £25 and £1.50 if I spend more than £25.

I'm really not sure what your point is :confused:

I wonder if I could charge Tesco a fee for using self-scan, tip the tables on them, I mean I'm doing exactly what they pay their cashiers to do.

Associate
wow this is a more widespread thing ? how ridiculous

I honestly thought that when I pre order something I am making someones life easier not harder

they can go and get it and put it under the front desk in their own time without me standing there asking them to get it.

Soldato
Halfords 'tried' to introduce a collection fee of £4.00 right at the start of lockdown & when people complained/cancelled orders they backtracked and claimed it to be a system error before removing it.

Although their system came directly from in-store stock rather than centrally distributed stock.

I wonder if I could charge Tesco a fee for using self-scan, tip the tables on them, I mean I'm doing exactly what they pay their cashiers to do.

That doesn't surprise me, they used to be part of Boots and all about the grab grab grab. Have found Superdrug to be pretty fair as you can choose to order from in-store stock and pay nothing for the picking & packing. Have also recently taken to setting up a subscribe and save order on Amazon that you can choose to repeat every month, 3 months etc and put a few essentials on there. With the Amazon option I know then I have an order due each quarter at the moment and if I need anything else I can add it to that and it will be free delivery as my base order is over the £20 threshold for free delivery.

Back
Top Bottom