Classic Car Owners

Associate
Hi all,

Having only just found this part of the forum, I was interested to see how many members here own a classic car?

Here is my Triumph Herald 13/60, I've owned it since 2018, currently working through a rebuild which had been put on hold this year due to being made redundant, however I have now started a new position so next year I'll kick start the process with the big task of a complete respray.

https://imgur.com/gallery/X0MzxPf

Last edited:
Soldato
Here's my 1965 Ford Mustang, 4-speed manual with 302 V8. Originally a 289 A-Code V8 but at some point in it's life around the early 90's it got a rebuilt 67' 302 from a Ford Fairlane after the car sat for a number of years. 1-owner from new (traded in a Chevy Nova for it in 65!) till it made it's way to the UK where I bought it from the guy that imported it. He had it for a few months just to say he owned a Mustang before getting his hands on an old Ford Model A.

I've got all the original paperwork and bills for work (including the engine swap) which is a nice touch to validate it's history

48339496256_8d6a8ed7fa_b.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Not really a classic and I'm afraid I only have a rubbish garage photo to hand. But this is 26 years old. Does that count?

JKDHFC9.jpg

Soldato
I'm currently working on another Corvette – an '89, this time. It's my fourth now, heh.

It's relatively standard at the moment (headers, front catalytic converters removed, braided brake lines, rose-jointed rear end, etc.) but it's getting a lot in short order – BBS wheels, new Continental tyres, a harness bar, a reworked exhaust system, bigger brakes and braking system modifications, a new aluminium radiator, an aluminum overflow tank, a new high-flow water pump, new dampers, structural bracing, aftermarket management and fuelling, upgraded roller rockers, then a single turbo and water/meth injection... the list goes on!

Most of the stuff is sitting in my garage but I've just not had the time to get to any of it yet. I've got to fit new front upper and lower ball joints and then put it in for an MOT test, as it's just expired and the car's now SORN, then I need to do some more benchmarking before the modifications can start in earnest.

IxeIE7X.jpg

L8geGT4.jpg

GCh3IIc.jpg

6CViTnZ.jpg

4yUcEFF.jpg

Performed well at a recent track day, though. Took it fairly gently but learnt a lot about it and nudged it over 100mph for the first time. :)

wIxzwdD.jpg

Soldato
My old beetle went a week or two ago

Still got this though, love it for 31 years old

Getting the itch for another project though, probably something really cheap to just let me learn on

Not really a classic and I'm afraid I only have a rubbish garage photo to hand. But this is 26 years old. Does that count?

Absolutely it does. There's a green Storm down my road that I hear going past (Miltek) every other day or so, I'd love to own it. The Mrs and I both had 16 valvers some years back, awesome cars. :)

Soldato
Haha, yep, it is :)

Never really was my thing (my brother loves them) but when it went I really missed it. I kept it at my Mums so never really tinkered around with it, went to a good home though

That 2276 must be fun, the one I had only had a 1600 but it was enough

Soldato
Haha, yep, it is :)

Never really was my thing (my brother loves them) but when it went I really missed it. I kept it at my Mums so never really tinkered around with it, went to a good home though

That 2276 must be fun, the one I had only had a 1600 but it was enough

In truth, the engine is a little bit silly. The Megasquirt is really fun though, just like overclocking a PC lol.
We have a Bay window camper too. Both labours of love.

Soldato
I like it @Lashout_UK - how much bhp has it got?

Thanks! Not a huge amount by today's standards, but a fair whack 31 years ago – 245bhp and 340lb ft, which was enough to propel it from 0-60 in a claimed 5.4 seconds (but I think it's more like six, in the real world). Flat out, if you had the room, it'd do 153mph.

Mine probably makes around 250-260bhp and perhaps a bit more torque due to the exhaust modifications. Still, it's pedestrian by my standards (it's not helped by the fact that it's quite refined). Ideally, I'd like to get it to above 600bhp and north of 200mph. :)

Soldato
Thanks! Not a huge amount by today's standards, but a fair whack 31 years ago – 245bhp and 340lb ft, which was enough to propel it from 0-60 in a claimed 5.4 seconds (but I think it's more like six, in the real world). Flat out, if you had the room, it'd do 153mph.

Mine probably makes around 250-260bhp and perhaps a bit more torque due to the exhaust modifications. Ideally, I'd like to get it to above 600bhp. Time will tell, though. Strange times, to say the least.

I guess it’s relatively light though so the horsepower is pretty decent. 600 would be a monster :D

Soldato
It isn't featherweight, clocking in at 1468kg (so about the same as a current Cayman), but then it is packing a lot of kit – that V8 aside, it's got cruise, climate control, six-way electric seats with adjustable bolsters and lumbar support, a removable roof panel, an oil cooler, a power steering cooler, heavy-duty cooling system, a heavy-duty transmission, electronically adjustable suspension, a physical spare and more.

I intend to chop a fair bit out of it, if I can, without making it too uncivilised. In the 1300kg range would be nice. You can get some fab carbon panels for them but I think shipping them here would be impractical or just plain expensive. The Vette karts get down to a tonne but there's basically nothing left of them. :D

Soldato
I much prefer that Corvette to the new one, it's Faceman at the Country Club. There's no other car that looks similar to it. The new Corvette could be one of any ones sports cars.

Back
Top Bottom