LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Associate
Hi all,

After reading most of the thread I have decided this may be the TV/Monitor I am looking, For gaming on PC I play World of Warcraft with a bit of browsing and will be using with the PS5 currently on pre order, means I can plan downstairs without the wife and kids moaning about me using the Family TV for the PS5 or that I have disappeared upstairs all night and can still use it for pc gaming. I currently use a LG 38GL950 38" 3840x1600 NANO IPS 144Hz and a 2080Ti which I plan on upgrading but waiting to see what AMD bring to the table.

How is everyone finding use the TV as a monitor ?

Thanks Craig

I find my OLED TV better than a PC monitor, ink blacks and beautiful colours IMO more to see with a bigger screen NANO TV is OK not as good than OLED until QNED, MicroLED hit's the market that is;)

Hahahaha 1st one, OLED on STOP THE FOMO channel! Love it

Yes it's LG display fault, dominate the market on OLED panels prices Just like Intel and Nvidia did years back made the same mistake all got too Greedy thinking nothing can touch them.

Last edited:
Associate
IMG20201018162139-1.jpg
IMG20201018162139-1.jpg

Well I got mine and it's amazing!
Best monitor I've had!
Still running a 2080ti so only on 2.0b but 1440p looks fantastic and 120hz with g-sync is possible at 4:2:0 although I had to put the res at 4096 x 2160 to get g-sync to work.

Associate
IMG20201018162139-1.jpg
IMG20201018162139-1.jpg

Best monitor I've had!
Still running a 2080ti so only on 2.0b but 1440p looks fantastic and 120hz with g-sync is possible at 4:2:0 although I had to put the res at 4096 x 2160 to get g-sync to work.

If you keep that rez you will get vertical bars in games at the left and right of the screen, best to use custom resolution utility to delete it. See it if will fix the gsync issue you're having. Surprised rgb10bit 120hz isnt working at 1440 though, I don't own this tv but pretty sure the bandwidth should be enough on hdmi 2b. Anyway here is the guide to get rid of the black bars in games if you want to try it or find out you need it. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=806615157

Soldato
IMG20201018162139-1.jpg
IMG20201018162139-1.jpg

Best monitor I've had!

Is that the Fitueyes stand that i keep seeing mentioned? how does it look in the flesh?

Associate
If you keep that rez you will get vertical bars in games at the left and right of the screen, best to use custom resolution utility to delete it. See it if will fix the gsync issue you're having. Surprised rgb10bit 120hz isnt working at 1440 though, I don't own this tv but pretty sure the bandwidth should be enough on hdmi 2b. Anyway here is the guide to get rid of the black bars in games if you want to try it or find out you need it. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=806615157

Managed to delete the resolutions but gsync still won't activate at 3840. Not a big deal though as most of my gaming will be done at 1440p until I get a 3080 or Big Navi!

Associate
I really like the idea of this 48" OLED, looks absolutely superb judging by some of the posts on here, but I'm worried about screen burn. I work on my PC as well as play, and with a lot of static menus displayed in the same place 20 hours a day do you think OLED would be worth the risk for me?

Associate
I really like the idea of this 48" OLED, looks absolutely superb judging by some of the posts on here, but I'm worried about screen burn. I work on my PC as well as play, and with a lot of static menus displayed in the same place 20 hours a day do you think OLED would be worth the risk for me?

Information
The TV can identify when there's an element that's static, and gently lowers the brightness of the pixels with the logo on (on those in very close proximity). By toning down the logo, the likelihood of the image being burned in is massively lowered – super-simple, and promises to be super-effective. It wait for two minutes before it starts dimming, and then lowers the brightness by up to 20%, over the course of around 90 seconds. It then stays at the lower brightness, and it doesn't affect your viewing experience at all, partly because it's a pretty subtle effect to the eye, but also because it's rare to pay any attention to the area around a logo anyway – even in games, your attention will mostly be elsewhere, and you'll only look for a glance at the information when needed.

If follow the owners guild manual, then you will be fine:)

Also if you change your content with online streaming, movies, web and games you lower the risk of a burn in if you want to sit for 20 hours a day on the same game and not change it then a OLED is not for you;)

Last edited:
Associate
It's acutally a 'RFIVER Universal Table Top TV Stand Base' cheap and cheerful but it works matches the screen and fits my desktop!
Wow you sit that close to an OLED! you TV stand might be cheap and cheerful because its glass easy to break than metal if it works for you fine;) I personally wouldn't risk my OLED on Chinese glass. Nice image btw:)

Associate
Very usable. I'm sitting back about 80cm and text is sharp & clear. It can be a bit big full screen when browsing but I just make a 30" window ;) For work it comes in handy for viewing excel spreadsheets or workflow trees. Love it. Here it is split into 4 frames using power toys.

VN3EdP3.jpg

80CM is too close for an OLED in my opinion;) unless you're old:)

Soldato
As I have my screen mounted on the wall perpendicular to my desk, it's ideal for swinging round 90 degrees and lounging back for some Netflix or 3rd person gaming. However, now that I've got 4K 120Hz going with Gsync I'd like to get some 1st person gaming on the go. I feel the absolute best solution would be a little mobile desk that I could put in place.

Has anyone picked something similar up? Like this for example?

Height Adjustable Mobile Table Workstation Laptop Overbed Multi Table with Metal Frame & Rolling Castors - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MCV6FJK/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_qjUJFb8DB3CAS

Soldato
Soldato
As I have my screen mounted on the wall perpendicular to my desk, it's ideal for swinging round 90 degrees and lounging back for some Netflix or 3rd person gaming. However, now that I've got 4K 120Hz going with Gsync I'd like to get some 1st person gaming on the go. I feel the absolute best solution would be a little mobile desk that I could put in place.

Come on guys, do it properly!

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/mwe-...workstation-chair-carbon-black-gc-001-mw.html

7% OFF too :cool:

Back
Top Bottom