**** Official OnePlus 8/OnePlus 8 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
Soldato
I'd read that OP have "because of community outcry" chosen not to put Facebook on (I think) the 8T. What they'll do in the future, I don't know.

Soldato
I don't have any of them but I believe it was possible to either disable or uninstall the actual app, however despite that, Facebook services continued to operate in the background and upload data.

This is my memory of the situation also. I did have an 8 Pro and I'm sure it would only disable.

I was really happy (and equally surprised) that I could completely uninstall Facebook from my S20

Edit, having checked there are FB services installed on the FE which I can't remove. Horrible company.

Soldato
It doesn't impact me personally as I actually use the Facebook app. I'm not a massive Facebook user per se but I manage several pages also and I find it much easier to do with the app than the mobile site. But I agree there is no excuse for those that don't want it not being able to fully remove it.

Soldato
This is my memory of the situation also. I did have an 8 Pro and I'm sure it would only disable.

I was really happy (and equally surprised) that I could completely uninstall Facebook from my S20

Edit, having checked there are FB services installed on the FE which I can't remove. Horrible company.

I see. So the Samsung SE you can't uninstall it. Yeah that was the same with Oneplus but they relented after complaints.

It doesn't impact me personally as I actually use the Facebook app. I'm not a massive Facebook user per se but I manage several pages also and I find it much easier to do with the app than the mobile site. But I agree there is no excuse for those that don't want it not being able to fully remove it.

Yeah you can uninstall them. I don't agree that they get installed automatically but uninstalling is their saving grace I s'pose.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
https://www.androidauthority.com/oneplus-8t-amazon-app-1169965/
Ouch! First Facebook now Amazon... Kind of flies in the face of what OnePlus used to be all about no?
I mean, OnePlus have preinstalled Amazon for years in India, the 8T was the first to ship without it. The update doesn't affect any models outside of that market either as far as I'm aware, so to me this is a complete non-issue, even for the people affected.

Soldato
I see. So the Samsung SE you can't uninstall it. Yeah that was the same with Oneplus but they relented after complaints.

Yeah you can uninstall them. I don't agree that they get installed automatically but uninstalling is their saving grace I s'pose.
You can uninstall FB from the S20 FE BUT the FB services thing persists and can only be disabled and not removed.

Soldato
It wasn't the Facebook app directly but other FB apps (Facebook App Installer, Facebook App Manager, Facebook Services) which "enhances your Facebook experience". It's present on my dad's 8 and you can only disable them. You need to go to the app list in settings, and then show system apps to see them.

I have a feeling Amazon is working with OP in India, they're very price sensitive so it's most likely due to a deal between the two to keep it price competitive. The Indian version of OxygenOS has been going a different path for a while now from the international ROM. There's now a non-removable notification to pester you to join the Red Cable Club.

Soldato
Yep, issues ranging from camera app crashing I think and call recording not being available. General system instability. 475 pages on the thread for the Oneplus 5's Android 10 update and 9,500 posts.

Checked with my mate and he is also running 9. I remember vaguely that I did in fact manual download and flash 10.

Soldato
Went from 7t to 8t.

Not really and upgrade as such bar a change and some new bits.

Really the main reason for it was my other half, needed a new phone so I gave her my 7t and got my self an 8t! First impressions really good. Prefer the hole punch to tear drop for sure! 120hz doesn't feel that different to 90. The jump from 60 to 90 was much more noticeable.

Early days and all but camera looks alright and oxygen 11 is nice and snappy as always! Main thing that drives me towards OnePlus is the os.

Soldato
From seeing the menu screens online, am I right in thinking it's either 120hz or 60hz on the 8t with no 90hz option? Seems a shame not to be able to have slightly better response with improved battery life. 120hz seems overkill.

Soldato
From seeing the menu screens online, am I right in thinking it's either 120hz or 60hz on the 8t with no 90hz option? Seems a shame not to be able to have slightly better response with improved battery life. 120hz seems overkill.

That's correct :) 60 or 120.

No 90 option and I'm not sure why to be fair.

Back
Top Bottom