Anyone work for TNT delivery? How to get blood out of a stone?

Capodecina
Soldato
As title - my wife is waiting for her new passport to be delivered. Sent by the Home Office a week or so ago. The litany of tragedy goes like this:

- Thurs: my wife waits in all day, the bell isn't rung. Her phone doesn't ring, nothing. Then soon enough the dreaded email arrives: "sorry, we missed you". No card, nada.
- Fri: Redelivery, she is out, briefly, fair enough. Delivery missed. Meh. Delivery rearranged for Sat.
- Sat: Nothing. Again. No bell rung. No phone call. Delivery rearranged for Monday [yesterday].
- Mon [yesterday]: She sticks two large notices up - one at the front gate giving our phone number and instructions on how to ring the flat bell if it's confusing, plus a further note on the block door. Nothing all day, and then another email at 8.42pm - "sorry, we missed you :):):p".

She has spent over an hour on the phone to them this morning. The reviews on Trust Pilot are dreadful, with people waiting weeks for their deliveries. Does anyone here work for them? How on earth can we get this thing delivered? Summon the undead? Go to the warehouse with pitchforks?

Associate
Can't partiularly help, but I do feel your pain. Living on a new build estate, it was a while before it was properly on Sat Nav apps and we had the same with FedEx. I remember arguing with someone on the phone that my address indeed did actually exist and trying to convince them to use What3Words to find exactly where we are. Persistence was the only solution.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Can't partiularly help, but I do feel your pain. Living on a new build estate, it was a while before it was properly on Sat Nav apps and we had the same with FedEx. I remember arguing with someone on the phone that my address indeed did actually exist and trying to convince them to use What3Words to find exactly where we are. Persistence was the only solution.

Oh God, deja vu. You've reminded me of a client in my last job who moved into a new build and the utility companies wouldn't set him up because they couldn't locate it. He was most concerned about the internet. It took weeks. When he moved in and there was no internet he sent a very aggressive email in full CAPS LOCK RAGE saying that he wanted to complain to every manager in the company about the service and how terrible it was. No-one did anything.

With regard to TNT, I do wonder how they do things. Amazon have no trouble delivering, neither do any of the food delivery drivers we get. But TNT or DPD? I think if they just don't see the block name in big flashing lights with grid girls waving welcome signs they drive off.

Soldato
I had one with DPD recently. Their support is basically useless and I couldnt understand what they were saying half the time.

They just seem to pay some guys to answer a phone, with no requirement to actually be helpful.

Soldato
I sent a birthday cake to my mum last month (from M&S), to arrive on her actual birthday and tracking the delivery they stated "unable to get access". It's a normal house on a road with about 25 houses, with the only thing being one end of the road at one end having been closed off since before they moved in back in 1996. Apparently they get that quite a few times.

Back
Top Bottom