• iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Caporegime
Here is what it looks like in a video:

YNO6SHS.jpg

Here is what Apple are showing on the website:

tk4Mjj3.jpg

Not the same blue i had in mind so i'll see if i can change to Black before it ships.

None of the colours on the videos I’ve seen so far are a true reflection of what we will actually get or see. It all depends on the lighting and video camera settings.
I’ll wait till I have the phone on my hand to make my mind up. Or I’ll just pop into an Apple store near me and see if they have any on display.
I’ve gone for the pacific blue 12 pro myself.

Soldato
Another potential issue with MagSafe is how many third-party cases are going to be compatible.

So far I've only seen one manufacturer claim to be supporting it, no others. For example I really like the look of the Mujjo leather case but, if it doesn't support MagSafe, that renders the charger pointless.

Man of Honour
None of the colours on the videos I’ve seen so far are a true reflection of what we will actually get or see. It all depends on the lighting and video camera settings.
I’ll wait till I have the phone on my hand to make my mind up. Or I’ll just pop into an Apple store near me and see if they have any on display.
They'll say you're looking at it wrong or something :D

Associate

Marques Brownlee has just posted his iPhone 12 and 12 Pro unboxing video with the 12 in Red and the 12 Pro in the Pacific blue and it looks pretty much the exact colour as on the apple website.

Soldato
I asked Mujjo whether their leather cases were compatible with the MagSafe system, i.e. whether the magnetism would work through their cases. Here's their response for anyone interested:

Thank you for your question!

We haven’t had a chance to fully test MagSafe compatibility with our leather cases, however, our cases have always been compatible with Wireless Chargers in general. The one feature we are really unsure about is the magnetic alignment feature that accompanies MagSafe chargers. There is a chance it might not be strong enough to penetrate all layers of the Leather Wallet Case or the regular Leather Case. With this being said, the magnetic alignment feature will not affect the actual wireless charging function and you should still be able to use that just fine. We’ll start testing immediately once the iPhones are available.

Credit or /debit cards in our leather wallet cases are unlikely to be affected by the MagSafe magnets inside the iPhone 12 devices. The ‘strong’ magnets are inside the MagSafe accessories, not in the phone itself. It is also worth mentioning that nowadays most cards and readers have switched from using a magnetic strip to an EMV chip, that cannot be harmed by magnets.

I hope some of this information helps. I will add you to a list of customers who have asked similar questions, and when we have officially completed our testing, I can let you know the results straight away.

If you have any more questions please let me know! I hope you have a great day and stay safe.

All the best,

Dominic

Back
Top Bottom