Lightbulb smashed

Soldato
Bit of an odd thread, I have never changed a lightbulb (age 31 yea yea) i thought it would be easy but i guess i pressed in the wrong place to hard and it smashed. When i picked up the pieces a sharp bit cut me, i didnt think anyrhing of it at the time but i googled it and apparently they have mercury in them.

Its a small surface cut, just revealed blood rather than any bleeding.

how screwed am i?

Associate
I'd just be worried if the mercury starts making stabbing weapons...

I found a jar of mercury when working in an old science building years ago. Was great fun playing with it and pooring it down the steps.

Commissario
Bit of an odd thread, I have never changed a lightbulb (age 31 yea yea) i thought it would be easy but i guess i pressed in the wrong place to hard and it smashed. When i picked up the pieces a sharp bit cut me, i didnt think anyrhing of it at the time but i googled it and apparently they have mercury in them.

Its a small surface cut, just revealed blood rather than any bleeding.

how screwed am i?

Unless you're eating the bulbs like smarties, or walking around a warehouse where the shelving containing thousands of of bulbs has fallen over smashing them all you're probably ok:)

Bulbs tend to have micrograms or milligrams of mercury and it's only really dangerous if you are exposed to large amounts.

Back
Top Bottom