Laurence Fox

Caporegime
That's a ******* laugh right there.

Haha what an apt analogy!

Nope. Absolute disgrace.

No, you mean you can't help being unnecessarily triggered by conversations slightly above your intellect.

Its boring. Unhelpful. And does nothing to prevent real racism, infact it negatively impacts the progress we've worked hard to make in the past. You're a shameful, dishonest, clearly inadequate in terms of comprehension, and down right bullspit poster ironically causing as much harm as those you accuse.

Fix up mate.

Not gonna lie, I've got a semi right now.

Man of Honour
Back on Fox... someone explain the issue he took with Sikhs in the war movie? Was it simply ignorance on his part and a go at the forced diversity of modern cinema? Or was there something else I don't quite get?
From memory he commented that the portrayal of a single Sikh soldier in a mostly white regiment was jarring and out of place in the film. He was jumped on for being racist but later (or maybe even in the original interview?) explained what he meant was that during WW1 Sikhs fought in their own regiments rather than in a mixed regiment. But that part of the message was lost in the barrage of racism accusations. So in summary he had ment to say "there should have been a whole regiment of Sikhs rather than one mixed in with the white soldiers" and was then jumped on.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I've avoided having the outbreak you have on so many occasions, all I can say or do is thank you for saying what a huge number of people on this forum (both sides of the political fence) think.
Sorry guys, I'm about an hour past my usual spliff break - calm will ensue shortly...

From memory he commented that the portrayal of a single Sikh soldier in a mostly white regiment was jarring and out of place in the film. He was jumped on for being racist but later (or maybe even in the original interview?) explained what he meant was that during WW1 Sikhs fought in their own regiments rather than in a mixed regiment. But that part of the message was lost in the barrage of racism accusations. So in summary he said "there should have been a whole regiment of Sikhs rather than one mixed in with the white soldiers" and was then jumped on.

Thank you, I knew something didn't quite make sense with the narrative I'd interpreted from multiple media articles.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Back on Fox... someone explain the issue he took with Sikhs in the war movie? Was it simply ignorance on his part and a go at the forced diversity of modern cinema? Or was there something else I don't quite get?
The latter, not the former. He thought it felt like tokenism, which it obviously was in my opinion and as a result seems insulting to those who did take part.

Soldato
I love Sikhs, got a lot of friends who are such.

They played a huge part in the (great) wars, they've very strong views on immigration... I'm not going to go into that right now but lets say they're not fond of open borders. The people I'm talking about came to the UK to escape certain things.

They've some pretty interesting views on religion too, but you'll never see it on the BBC or what have you despite them being a minority.

I'm being extremely polite here, a number of the groups I'm friendly with are formed to protect their children in certain ways.

Caporegime

Nope. Absolute disgrace.

No, you mean you can't help being unnecessarily triggered by conversations slightly above your intellect.

Its boring. Unhelpful. And does nothing to prevent real racism, infact it negatively impacts the progress we've worked hard to make in the past. You're a shameful, dishonest, clearly inadequate in terms of comprehension, and down right bullspit poster ironically causing as much harm as those you accuse.

Fix up mate.

tenor.gif

Soldato

Nope. Absolute disgrace.

Fix up mate.
You know I had to go back because I thought i had missed this but I see you edited it. Quite frankly Im not that bothered what you think of me or my outspokeness against racism and right wing views. Fix up yourself.

Also I never called Fox a racist and actually said that racists will have missunderstood what he was saying and meant so would support him in error of what he said. I also said he would probably be horrified at the support from those people. But never mind.

Soldato
I don't think masculinity is a bad thing, but there is absolutely a sect of idiot baby manchildren on Reddit/4chan/whatever that have a very toxic view of masculinity. Like that MGTOW and Red Pill bunch, who claim they are masculine whilst simultaneously being the biggest bunch of whiny pissbabies you could think of.

But just as it was with the SJW's and Feminazi's they are a very very small tiny minority with very loud voices. A vast majority of people are fine and respect each other. You just have 1% or less who are ********. They have always existed and if they weren't SJW's, feminazis, MGTOW or manchildren, they'd just find another way to be assholess. The difference these days we bizarrely let them run our lives by influencing MSM and everyone else scared to be labelled something they're not, they're all crybullies and it's time companies, people, politicians and MSM stand up to them and tell them to go **** themselves.

Last edited:

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Quite frankly Im not that bothered what you think of me or my outspokeness against racism and right wing views.
You're not bothered that someone who's fought against real racism their whole life is telling you that your actions are making modern racism worse? Well colour me surprised that you didn't even bother to think any deeper, or couldn't.

Edit: is colour me surprised a thing? Or is my brain still busting out that early morning fart...

Soldato
Off topic but I thought MGTOW was supposed to be about taking responsibility for your own happiness and just doing your own thing rather than being an a-hole crybaby that hates women.

At least that's the vibe I got when I looked it up.

Permabanned
Off topic but I thought MGTOW was supposed to be about taking responsibility for your own happiness and just doing your own thing rather than being an a-hole crybaby that hates women.

At least that's the vibe I got when I looked it up.

It was, but these things get hijacked and now it's just another goup of extremely online weirdos with a burning hatred for women that, like @robgmun said is just a minority group with an inordinately shouty voice.

Soldato
Also I never called Fox a racist and actually said that racists will have missunderstood what he was saying and meant so would support him in error of what he said. I also said he would probably be horrified at the support from those people. But never mind.

Tony Edwards said:
Chroniclard said:
Not familiar with him....is he just a toned down Katie Hopkins?
Yes.

Tony Edwards said:
Fox isnt saying anything that different to any of the other 'free speech' right wingers. Its just said in a posher voice. Just like Boris. Its still the same old nasty rhetoric.

what nasty rhetoric?

Tony Edwards (about Fox) said:
Zatoichi.uK said:
So again, what specifically has he said that you disagree with?
Its racism masquerading as not really racism. Fascism masquerading as not really fascism and regressivism masquerading as not really regressivism.

Its just rivers of blood all over again.

Tony Edwards said:
What is wrong with black history month? What harm does it do?

The fawning over Fox by certain people in this thread is weird to say the least.

It's worth pointing out here that Fox never said anything bad about black history month.

Tony Edwards said:
The thing is people are trying to make racism just about calling someone the N word. Thats not what racism is only about. Racism is also belittling a race for something. Just like complaining about black history month. What is that about?

Again, Fox never said anything about it.

Are you talking about Fox declaring a boycott of Sainsburys because of some imagined affront to his whitism? Come on think about what you are saying and what is being complained about. Fox declared a boycott of Sainsburys for gods sake. Are those not the same actions that would have got you wound up if some sort of antifa said it?

And it's worth pointing out here that the only person trying to question an outcome based on skin colour is you, Tony.

Tony Edwards said:
You may not agree with Fox calling a boycott but I gaurantee you that there will be a lot of idiots that look at his comments and say yeah he has a point. Look at the big picture. The man is a rabble rouser at this point and its dangerous. He is as bad or not worse than what he is arguing against.

clearly not understanding why Fox wanted to boycott them. Hint: it wasn't racist.

Tony Edwards said:
The problem is people like Boris, farage, Fox et al trying to make what they think are either factual or just humous digs at race, religion and 'wokism'. It might be a small number but it is pretty mainstream.

Fox hasn't made any dig at any race.

Tony Edwards said:
I really dont understand why certain people that are obviously racist keep acting like they are offended by people pointing out what they say is racist. Just because racists think what they say is right it doesnt make it not racist.

Who's this aimed at? (psst: fox)

Tony Edwards said:
bobuk said:
2nd Obligatory who?
Its just some thespian that the racists think speaks their language.

Tony Edwards said:
james.miller said:
You are deluded and i feel sorry for you.
Do you think he speaks your language?

I mean, do i have to say anything further? Do I need to write some kind of summary or does that sum it up all by itself?

Tony, you are a part of the problem. You are a racist. NVP was mostly right about what he said but he was wrong about one thing; He said you cause as much harm as those you accuse. He's wrong. You're far worse.

Back
Top Bottom