Update on my health

Soldato
As others have said, genuinely gutted.

I don't really know you, we haven't spoken, but you're a great poster and you come across as a great person.

I wish you all the best fella.

Soldato
So hard to find the words man hopefully you get much longer and if you ever come up Scotland way I know a few of us would gladly get you a few pints. I just realised I was your Elfster Santa back in 2015 how time flies :(

Caporegime
**** man so sorry to hear of this @robfosters :(
Even though we may not have seen eye to eye on some topics, always had the utmost respect for you buddy.
Let’s hope Arteta and Arsenal can bring some joy to you this season.

As others have said enjoy what time you have left mate. And I’ll pray that somehow the docs are wrong about your diagnosis and you still have a few yrs left in you.

Soldato
Bloody hell Rob, well I hope that their timing estimates are way off.

As you know, I'm not too far away so let me know if you need anything dude. Apart from sexual favours that is!

Soldato
No worries there mate!

I can barely raise a smile now, let alone anything else!
For what it's worth, that made me properly lol! Shame otherwise we'd have a whip round for champagne and "complimentary therapy" services!

Sorry if I missed it but are you having to shield given the Bat AIDS situation? I just hope whatever is going on that you find a way to get some enjoyment after that news buddy.

Caporegime
OP
For what it's worth, that made me properly lol! Shame otherwise we'd have a whip round for champagne and "complimentary therapy" services!

Sorry if I missed it but are you having to shield given the Bat AIDS situation? I just hope whatever is going on that you find a way to get some enjoyment after that news buddy.
Yes I’m shielding. Covid would definitely kill me off.

Caporegime
@robfosters I'm honestly, truly sorry to hear this. You're one of the better posters on this forum and one I honestly enjoy reading.

I wouldn't be writing myself off yet if I were you. I know someone who's been in your position for 18 years and she's still going strong, living every moment as if it was her last. You're far from out until the count is down, so keep fighting mate.

Don't give up hope. Fight that good fight.

Please send me a trust, I'd love to meet you. I'll be there either tomorrow or Thursday.

I'd love to add something witty but it looks like you've got that angle covered. Gimme a shout. Let's have a coffee/beer/whatever.

Caporegime
OP
Sorry to hear that. I’m not sure what else there is to say to be honest. I’ve got no idea how one would process that or even begin to deal with it
What else do I do? Shrivel up and die?

I was born with this. My entire life from the first hour has been one long war with many battles along the way. Heart surgeries, spinal surgeries, arrhythmias, strokes. Everyone has been a battle that I’ve had to face and win, and I did.

I always knew it was likely that I’d lose this war eventually, but in my mind this is the final battle. I will not win it, but I will fight to the very last with everything I have.

I refuse to shrivel up and die. I will keep fighting and making the best of however long it takes. We’re only here once, some longer than others, but everyone has to play the hand they’ve been dealt and fight to enjoy every last second of the miracle life they’ve been given. There are no second chances.

Soldato
So sorry to hear this :(
Not sure what to say really. you are clearly an incredibly strong person to have fought and won the previous battles and now to handle this news with the same fighting attitude.

Definitely puts my lazy butt to shame lol

Really hope even more now that covid just ***** off so you can actually get out and enjoy things

Stay strong x

Soldato
Man this is not the update we were all hoping for. I can't imagine being in this situation or how I'd deal with it. I can only give you so much kudos for your attitude and make sure you live every one of those days!

I'm sure quite a few would throw some money in.
Agreed! If there is something you'd love to do but never have been able to, OcUK will make it happen!

OcUK Staff
Thank you for the kind words guys, I really appreciate it.

@SexyGreyFox Thanks so much for the offer, but I have what I need, apart from a 3080. I’ve bought it myself but am 250th on the list. If you could buy me an extra 249 places up the list that’d be great :D

Rob, it's so sad to hear this news, absolutely gutting. There's one thing we'd like to help you with though, we'd love to bump you up 249 places in the queue. Ultimately it's only us that can do this, and we would love to. Please send me your order number and we'll get on it straight away. Also I have something else for you, I know we joke on the forum about myself giving away free chairs, but if you want one of our noblechairs, please let me know in the same email and I'll add it to your order for free you. Much love x

Back
Top Bottom