Best way to check data corruption on network drive on Mac?

Soldato
As title - I'm trying to sort out a friends lime unraid server - its got some really weird file integrity issues - I want an app that will read/write data to a network drive directory and check its ok or not - I was thinking of something like 'F3' (Mac version of h2wtest) but it says in the notes it will only write to a usb and delete data on the read/write device - im not sure if I can point it to a file directory only or not.

Is there a safe read/write app or software I can run to check the server is reading/writing data properly on Mac/Mac network drive?

Soldato
Where is the issue?

There is a file integrity plugin that you can use on the server itself, I’ve been using it for years. Automatically generates checksums which you can export, check files on a schedule, etc.

If the server is corrupting files then you have a bigger problem? Or do you think you have a SMB issue?

Otherwise if you have to do it from the Mac then hashdeep or similar?

Difficult to advise without knowing the symptoms...! I don’t think it’s possible to successfully copy something to the server and then not read it back the same unless either the Mac or the server has serious hardware issues.

Is the server up-to-date? Are you trying to copy files to it that are larger than the free space on any one drive?

Back
Top Bottom