Is it reasonable to store a pram in a cycle shed

Soldato
I would say it was careless to leave such an item in the bike store without notifying the management or leaving a note and securing it. It's not unreasonable to be removed if it looked "dumped".

Sounds like you might not see it again and you'll have to learn from this mistake but I would ask management. If they claim they didn't remove it then maybe send notes to other residents and consider telling management that you'll be raising with the Police.

Caporegime
Not sure what the cost of said pram has to do with where you are storing it.

If you owned a Ferrari and parked it in a Bus Station I'd also expect it to be removed tbh.

The cost shows how rich you are and rich people can do whatever they want and get away with it.

I always park my Ferrari at the bus stop as it's easier to park in than a bay.

Permabanned
Just lol if you're not parking your Ferrari in your 10-car garage at your weekend home in a leafy suburb just outside of Sevenoaks. Just lmao you absolute scrounging dole dependent pleb. Don't you know I pay for your existence through my taxes??

Soldato
OP
Right sorry for the delay, when we first got pregnant I was also shocked how much a pram costs. It's not just a pram, you need a pram, a sleep thing for the first 6 months, a travel car seat, rain cover and all sorts of other junk, It's a rip-off.

Anyway. I sent an email to the estate manager last night, I basically said you have stolen my pram from the bike shed (its not a shed its a 70m2 underground room), I informed him that he has 24h to return it or I will 1 go to the police and 2 start legal proceedings against them.

I got this back

As regards to falsely accusing my team of thieves, this is a defamation of character which does not only harms the reputation of my team, but it is also affecting their performance and wellbeing. This is not acceptable and I will consider all the options and expect an apology to my team.

You clearly had the intention to call my team thieves without any proof, you could simply report a missing pram.

lol

but they did agree to find me pram and give it back to me :D

Permabanned
Right sorry for the delay, when we first got pregnant I was also shocked how much a pram costs. It's not just a pram, you need a pram, a sleep thing for the first 6 months, a travel car seat, rain cover and all sorts of other junk, It's a rip-off.

Anyway. I sent an email to the estate manager last night, I basically said you have stolen my pram from the bike shed (its not a shed its a 70m2 underground room), I informed him that he has 24h to return it or I will 1 go to the police and 2 start legal proceedings against them.

I got this back

lol

Property management team being knuckle dragging morons shocker :p

Christ I do not miss renting in London and dealing with that at all.

Soldato
Jeez you aren't going to get anywhere talking to people like that.

I'm so glad I just sold my leasehold flat for a freehold house. The rules are ridiculous. My wife kept her pram under the stairs on ground floor. No way was she walking up 2 flights of stairs with a screaming baby in arms and a buggy on her own.

Caporegime

I got this back

lol

There are much cheaper options you chose to be scammed.

You can buy £1k prams that have been barely used second hand for buttons.

You could also choose to just buy a cheaper pram believe it or not.

I'm amazed they are helping you after your email. If it has been nicked. What's your plans on replacing it? Also how's the apology coming along?

Caporegime
For those who are unaware of the absolute craziness that is the OP's life - please ask me about how he bought a BMW by mistake, or the mansion he had built but then got divorced and got someone else (?) pregnant, for starters! - then you are missing out on a veritable feast of goodness. Misplacing a pram worth a grand is pretty small beer :(

Caporegime
For those who are unaware of the absolute craziness that is the OP's life - please ask me about how he bought a BMW by mistake, or the mansion he had built but then got divorced and got someone else (?) pregnant, for starters! - then you are missing out on a veritable feast of goodness. Misplacing a pram worth a grand is pretty small beer :(

I'm convinced he got his degree from a cereal box.

Soldato
Think it's more to do with safety and build quality as well as convenience and ease of use as well as integration and features like a full travel system.

A car seat you should be spending £200 minimum to get one that has done well in tests.

A pram again is much more expensive you may need an alternative set of wheels for different weather especially in Scotland wheels alone are £100 for a set so yeah a decent pram is around £600-£800.

You could get away with spending £200 on a pram especially with Covid as you won't be going out much. But I don't think it's fair to point the finger at folk who spend a lot of money on a pram. It's for a child's safety after all.

A pram has nothing to do with safety? As long as it's not going to collapse under its own weight, then all a pram has to protect a baby from is the weather, and a some sun proof fabric and waterproof plastic sheeting isn't that expensive :p

Agree that you should be spending decent money on a car seat, but a compatible base/travel system doesn't need to cost anywhere near £600+

We got the pram, car seat & isofix base for our little one for ~£450. Sure it's not Gucci branded, and I'm probably not going to win any yummy mummy awards for it, but it's built solidly, super light, and folds up tiny, does everything we need it to.

We did the whole "built like a tank" £800 all bells and whistles travel system thing with our first and quite frankly it was a complete waste of money, bulky, heavy & expensive, and offered nothing above what our current set up does at half the price.

Probably because they'd helped themselves to a grands worth of his property. To be honest, I wouldn't have been so polite.

Does he actually know this for sure, or just suspect them as an easy target?

I know if I was in their position and the first contact we had from someone was a snarky email with accusations of theft, I wouldn't be making very much effort to find out what had happened to it, so to be honest, I think the OP is lucky not to have had the reply back: "not our problem mate"

Soldato

I got this back

lol

You sent a fairly stupid and aggressive email and got a fair reply IMO.

Soldato
OP
Lol. Yes it was a aggressive email because I feel they had not right to take it and if they did take it they should have emailed me as they knew it was mine.

The are generally very rude to the residents so don’t really have most on side.

Soldato
Lol. Yes it was a aggressive email because I feel they had not right to take it and if they did take it they should have emailed me as they knew it was mine.

Are you 100% certain, without a shadow of a doubt, that it was the management company who removed it?

Soldato

How do you know it was them?

Soldato

There’s nothing to say rich people can’t do stupid things.

Back
Top Bottom