**The Mental Health Thread**

Soldato
stop stop stop! do you have everything, as I understand it, but just not enough libvy or just someone who would be waiting at home with care? if so, believe me, everything has its time, I was alone for 5 years and it seemed that everything was fine, until one moment. if you focus on the fact that you are missing a life partner? then release and it will appear - it works. and for a start, you can get an animal, this is a little, but it pleases at home and dilutes the atmosphere, brings joy. ))
No definitely not a life partner I lack of seek ,it's weird I work in a group of 6 and chat along with the conversation but I feel detached from others and from society almost like an alien visiting from another planet ,I observe the human race but don't feel part of it
I know how animals bring joy and my dog best friend past away 1.5 years ago at 16 yes old , totally destroyed me ,I would get another but working 4.5 days and will wait for part time before I do.
So In my spare time I surf and walk but also actively avoid human interaction ,don't know what will change this ,hard wired now

Soldato
No definitely not a life partner I lack of seek ,it's weird I work in a group of 6 and chat along with the conversation but I feel detached from others and from society almost like an alien visiting from another planet ,I observe the human race but don't feel part of it
I know how animals bring joy and my dog best friend past away 1.5 years ago at 16 yes old , totally destroyed me ,I would get another but working 4.5 days and will wait for part time before I do.
So In my spare time I surf and walk but also actively avoid human interaction ,don't know what will change this ,hard wired now
I'm becoming more and more like this tbh. I actively avoid groups of people now if I can help it - I find other people are sometimes a massive drain on my mental energy.

Think I'll go back to living alone next year too.

Associate
ADHD is kicking my ass right now.
Can’t get anything that requires mental effort done, can’t even get started.

Must have spent hours on the internet trying to find different tips and techniques to help but no use. Clearly it’s just my way of “productively” procrastinating, because I search daily and have been doing for months...Basically reading same stuff over and over at this point.

Falling behind on this course with workload just getting bigger and bigger, need to catch up.

Think the only thing really helping my mental health is the fact I’m getting in the gym a few times a week.

Think I’m gonna turn my phone off for a few days, and try stay off social media, spending too much time recently.

Feel like I’m a countdown to **** hitting the fan where I’m gonna crumble lmao

Have a great week you guys and girls! Hope it’s positive and productive

Associate
I think the thing that's got me feeling so flat lately is I have nothing to look forward to anymore outside of meaningless consumer moments like buying a new PC part or a stack of vinyl records
I've done pretty alright at coping through lockdown but it's finally starting to wear me down. No concerts, no stopping in town on a Friday after work for a burger and a wander around my favourite spots and stopping off to talk to my friends at the card shop.

I haven't seen anyone outside of work, home and going to the shop pretty much all year.
I'm not the most social person on account of being rather autistic and feeling mostly detached from humanity and only capable of very short bursts of interaction, but I never realised how much I needed those brief moments.

Soldato
Anyone here been on Lorazepam? Consultant wants to prescribe it to me for anxiety and depression. Was just wondering about others experiences on it.
My girlfriend was prescribed it for occasional use e.g. panic attacks and anxiety. On top of some other regular medications. It knocked her the **** out, really intense sedative. But apparently most people react worse to valium than lorazepam, she's just the other way around.

Soldato
ADHD is kicking my ass right now.
Can’t get anything that requires mental effort done, can’t even get started.

Must have spent hours on the internet trying to find different tips and techniques to help but no use. Clearly it’s just my way of “productively” procrastinating, because I search daily and have been doing for months...Basically reading same stuff over and over at this point.

Falling behind on this course with workload just getting bigger and bigger, need to catch up.

Think the only thing really helping my mental health is the fact I’m getting in the gym a few times a week.

Think I’m gonna turn my phone off for a few days, and try stay off social media, spending too much time recently.

Feel like I’m a countdown to **** hitting the fan where I’m gonna crumble lmao

Have a great week you guys and girls! Hope it’s positive and productive

Have you seen the Youtube Channel "How to ADHD" My 11yr old lad has ADHD and social communication difficulties and I found them very helpful in understanding him better, maybe there's something there for you?

Soldato
Isn’t it supposed to knock you out?
Yes I'd say so, but she was really quite knocked out. Drowsy and confused - not something I'd take if we were out and about for a while. Whereas valium seems much more gentle. I kept a lorazepam in my wallet for if she got into a proper state while we were travelling or something.

Caporegime
Yes I'd say so, but she was really quite knocked out. Drowsy and confused - not something I'd take if we were out and about for a while. Whereas valium seems much more gentle. I kept a lorazepam in my wallet for if she got into a proper state while we were travelling or something.
Thanks for the advice. They’ve told me to take it as needed. I know it’s well known for addiction but as I said in the other thread, I’m terminally ill so I don’t think they are too worried about addiction at this point. It’s all about being comfortable.

Soldato
Thanks for the advice. They’ve told me to take it as needed. I know it’s well known for addiction but as I said in the other thread, I’m terminally ill so I don’t think they are too worried about addiction at this point. It’s all about being comfortable.
No worries. Hope you're not doing too bad at the moment? I'm sure covid has wrecked your planned treatments IIRC :(

Associate
Have you seen the Youtube Channel "How to ADHD" My 11yr old lad has ADHD and social communication difficulties and I found them very helpful in understanding him better, maybe there's something there for you?
Yeah I’ve seen a few, definitely need to check it out properly.

Thanks for reminding me!

Literally spending my days trawling through Twitter and Reddit for suggestions. Almost warming seeing other people talking about their struggles, as bad as it sounds...Glad I’m not the only one.

Think my current medication is ineffective not really feeling any difference. Contacted my psychiatrist she’s reluctant to try me on another as she’s not too familiar because the one im on usually works for most patients.

But suggested I could pair my medication with another one that’s usually used for depression and off label treatment for ADHD. Agreed to give that a go for a month see if it helps, otherwise think it’s back to the medication lottery and coping methods.

Venting here to strangers definitely helps ha! Couldn’t see myself being as open to people I know and burdening them with my situation tbh.

Associate
didn't take, but such things act more often individually, that is, the drug may suit someone, and someone will be tough, so try it, but under the supervision of a doctor! good luck)
Anyone here been on Lorazepam? Consultant wants to prescribe it to me for anxiety and depression. Was just wondering about others experiences on it.

Associate

It will most likely work well for anxiety - but beware its a benzo and you will inevitably have to increase the dose over time, and then come off probably and go through withdrawals.

Any other people in this forum with BPD?

Associate
what are you missing? have you wondered this question? write me.
it is obvious from your letter that there are no similar people in your environment and you feel you are an "alien". from this some loneliness and dissatisfaction. maybe you should look for people of interest, the same surfers? communication is simply necessary - it energizes! but only with the right people.
and how are you now? happy with your hobby (surfing), is it fun?

Soldato
Hi, anyone have any good non medical advice for anxiety? I.e what works for you without medication?

These past few months I’ve experienced high levels of anxiety, mainly health related anxiety (despite tests and knowing I’m very healthy I still manage to convince myself something is wrong over the slightest health issue)

do you guys find exercise or anything else I. Particular is good for distraction and the help of calming anxiousness? Mine is always worse at night, I’m fine throughout the day at work when I am busy....

tia :)

Soldato
I am currently trying to find what works well for anxiety, I find that breathing exercises help in the short term - i'll use them when I get home after work prior to doing my coursework otherwise I find I cannot focus on studying.

Exercising does help, I tend to do more weights over CV but that's due to health reasons (asthma and possibly EILO which makes my throat close up).

I've been suggested that I should try more mindfullness stuff, I can see how it can help at the start to identify what causes anxiety but after that I have found it's not very useful.

I don't like unknowns and find it hard not to be in control of certain aspects of my life, so waiting to see consultants or services at the moment causes a lot of it. Sometimes it's easy to say that it's out of my control and accept that, sometimes it's difficult and that's when it kicks in and I try to use what i've put above.

Back
Top Bottom