Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

Soldato
Well I did it, I took it out for a test drive and :eek: it’s a freaking missile, the power is absolutely brutal. It’s a 2019 E63S in Designo Hyacinth metallic red with only 4008 miles on the clock so is spotless. Put a deposit down on it and pick it up next Friday :D

Winner!!! Is that the same red as mine?

get some pics up next week!!

Soldato
Yes, but she's a much cheaper night out!

Yea true. I am toying with the remap idea again at the moment. Only the 3rd time I have threatened to do it. First time I didn't due to nerves of problems and that I rely on it for work, then 2nd time COVID stopped it happening, but now I think it will happen I the new year.

Still will be half the power you guys have of course. I really actually want the 43 but they are just out of my budget right now.

Soldato
So bad news. Asked insurance today if they accepted remapped cars, and they do not. Shame as I have only just gone with them due to being so much lower than others. Ah well.

Man of Honour
Well I did it, I took it out for a test drive and :eek: it’s a freaking missile, the power is absolutely brutal. It’s a 2019 E63S in Designo Hyacinth metallic red with only 4008 miles on the clock so is spotless. Put a deposit down on it and pick it up next Friday :D

How slow is this week going for you then? :D

Caporegime
Test driving one today. I wanted to wait for the Tesla Model Y but that looks to be 2022 at a minimum for RHD. Thinking of changing in my GLC43 for it.

I asked my local dealer for a test drive over the weekend, and though they were keen to get back to me with lots of financing options - absolutely nobody has got back to me about the actual test drive.

I'm a bit ****** off about it to be honest, I've called them more than once, and I shouldn't be the one chasing them!

daz

daz

Soldato
I just went via the Mercedes website to arrange a test drive, they then arranged it with the dealer/found the nearest dealer with one available.

When I bought my GLC 3 years ago I struggled to get a test drive weirdly enough. In the end they "allowed" me to drive a used 220d, but that was enough to get a feel for how it rode and the space in the back and the boot and so on but still not a great experience so I took my money to the cheapest Carwow offer.

Caporegime
Sorry, I wasn't clear. That is what I did as well - Used the website to arrange a test drive.

I meant that the local dealer got in touch with me on the Monday, but so far are more concerned with how I was going to pay for it. I understand they don't want time-wasters but this is a business contract hire.

4 days and I've not had an update on the test drive.

Edit - Now they are saying I can have it middle of November for a weekend as long as I put it on my "fleet insurance"

I don't even run any vehicles through my company, weird they would assume I have fleet insurance.

Last edited:
Associate
I had exactly the same issue when I was look at the C63. I ended up just going through carwow, the dealer that offered the best price contacted me, asked me a few questions about how I wanted to pay etc and was then pushing me to actually come and drive it.

I originally went through the Mercedes website, they arranged with my local dealer a date for the test drive. When I turned up they were just focused on how I was going to pay for it, even after spending time going through it all they then told me that they didn't have a car for me to drive. It took them over 3 weeks to come back to me to tell me that the only car they had available was a pre-facelift. Their service department aren't too bad at the moment (although trying to get them to put through warranty claims for poor quality parts is like pulling teeth).

Man of Honour
Still waiting on my recall letter. Wonder if mine is even in the affected models? I’m guessing so if yours is @Homer-Simpson

Off to Santa Pod on Sunday, debating whether to have a couple of runs :p

RcEv1ww.jpg

Edit - Man, imgur is really sucking the quality out of my uploads lately!

Last edited:
Caporegime
What were the recall issues?

I booked my E class in for a recall issue (it's going in tomorrow) and was told there were actually 2 recall notices!

I hadn't even been notified about a second one.

Associate
Still waiting on my recall letter. Wonder if mine is even in the affected models? I’m guessing so if yours is @Homer-Simpson

Off to Santa Pod on Sunday, debating whether to have a couple of runs :p

Edit - Man, imgur is really sucking the quality out of my uploads lately!

It would be rude not to have a couple of runs if you're there ;)

I will need to find my paperwork but there was 1 recall and 2 other software updates required. The recall was for the ESP module, there was also a software update for the active engine mounts and something else (which I can't remember right now). Slightly annoyed as during the inspection they "found" that the black trim on the sideskirt from the aero pack was loose and coming off. They are claiming that it has been "damaged" by me.

Cars been to two MB approved bodyshops now and both adamant there has been no damage to the part and it's just the sealant strips they use that have failed. Dealer are currently saying I'm going to have to stump up the bill (it's cheaper than expected, around £350 to have it all replaced) but I'm just really annoyed they aren't helping at all.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I just called them up and explained the post situation round here and they have booked me in after confirming it needs the various software updates.

That does seem a bit off if the sealant is in fact the culprit. Not like it’s an old car!

Back
Top Bottom