Google Pixel 5

Soldato
Just been reading through the battery comments... my device seems to be doing OK, last charge around 4pm yesterday, SoT about 4 hours and at 53% just now. What i've realised though is i'm getting ambient display showing as consuming 8% which seems quite a lot to me.

What is the ambient usage like for others?

Associate
My standby usage is very good , but I don't get anywhere close to the screen on time others are getting. I did instal all the the apps I had installed on last phone (120 odd) so I suspect they are having some effect.

Today , Im on 77% left after 5 hours
chrome 2%
Duck Duck go 2%
Whatsapp 2%
Insta 1%
Facebook1%
Phone 1%
Pixel launcher 1%
messages 1%

thats 11% , not sure where the other 12% went ?

On Saturday I barely used the phone all day, when I checked it at 7pm I still had 95% , so background is low.

Soldato
My standby usage is very good , but I don't get anywhere close to the screen on time others are getting. I did instal all the the apps I had installed on last phone (120 odd) so I suspect they are having some effect.

Today , Im on 77% left after 5 hours
chrome 2%
Duck Duck go 2%
Whatsapp 2%
Insta 1%
Facebook1%
Phone 1%
Pixel launcher 1%
messages 1%

thats 11% , not sure where the other 12% went ?

On Saturday I barely used the phone all day, when I checked it at 7pm I still had 95% , so background is low.
Just added mine up, 10% missing. Ambient display showing largest battery usage at 9% for last 20 hours (4h 50m SoT). Surely the missing usage is combination of radios/screen, but doesn't list it.

Soldato
What screen protectors and cases is everyone going for?
I got the Spigen Liquid Air Black case end of last week, it's alright. But the side edge lip of the case is a pain when trying to use the back gesture. Looking at slimmer cases to replace this one.

Soldato
Anyone else trying to use their P5 with a Pixel Stand?
It's busted, basically. The screen off in the dark function only works until you get any kind of notification, then it brings up the clock etc indefinitely.
I also keep having to 'validate' the stand each time I put the phone on charge, in order to see personal notifications (which are disabled anyway).
I tried unpairing and unplugging the stand, then starting from scratch, but it's no good.
I've had to disable the pixel stand app to just use it as a 'dumb' charger until it's working properly.

:mad:

Soldato
How's everyone liking their 5?

It's not perfect - I think the screen could be brighter and the speakers better, but I actually really like it.

The software is generally very consistent and well designed. 90hz screen is smooth. Phone is fast and responsive.

Battery life is really decent; I'm impressed with the battery size, given the phone is the same size as my wife's S10E.

I think if you're happy with a great overall experience, and don't mind so much about specs and flashy design, this phone is a really good choice.

-------------------------------------

Re the Bose headphones offer - for some reason my claim generated two claim numbers. They've declined one but processed the second so that's good. It took 6 days though!

Associate
It's not perfect - I think the screen could be brighter and the speakers better, but I actually really like it.

I guess this might be a perspective thing, coming from a pixel 2 I think the speakers are very loud and clear and the screen brightness way exceeds my old phone. On my Pixel 2 I had to have the speaker volume for calls max'd and still struggled to hear people, on the 5 I am at just over half and its crystal (I do wonder if there was something going on with my 2 mind).
I think its a great little phone, the screen is great, battery life great, no slow downs even though I have loaded a ton of apps, the camera is better than the 2 (which I thought was very good), all positive from me, maybe easily pleased ? :D

Associate
Only just got around to opening my Pixel 5, didn't really want to use it until I had a screen protector etc. Unfortunately mine has a fair size gap between the screen and the body on the left hand side by the front camera. The right hand side is absolutely perfect but the left side I could put my fingernail under and pull it forward.

Have contacted Google and they are arranging for a replacement so that's good. Just hope the replacement is ok :)

Soldato
Speakers 2/10
Size 6/10
Everything else perfect.

If they make the pixel 6 as an XL version, with proper speakers, I'll be selling this straight away.

I am forever blocking the one okish speaker on this phone.

I don't get the size thing being a rating ? Surely you knew the dimensions before you purchased ?

Back
Top Bottom