The Division 2 - March 2019

Soldato
So an overhaul update to something that has only just been released? It's almost as if they shovel any old unfinished **** out with a view to finishing it later. I'd love to know just how many of the developers actually play the game.

V F

V F

Soldato
So an overhaul update to something that has only just been released? It's almost as if they shovel any old unfinished **** out with a view to finishing it later. I'd love to know just how many of the developers actually play the game.

I've heard most of them supposedly only play it on Story and Normal. Very, very casually. With controllers on PC. Even saw some of them doing this on one of their streams April/May time.

V F

V F

Soldato
As far as I'm aware, there is only one dev on the team that plays the higher content. He was in one of the top clans that the solidfps and widdz names were in at the time. They all did the raids, at least from what I read. Don't know the developer's name but I somehow doubt that developer would grind the game like so many of us do.

Still, what I've been told, the raids get classed as Hard/Challenging/Heroic content. Heroic bosses.

I couldn't see him doing it with a controller.

Look at even Legendary content, you're in the 180 flicks and fast aiming because of how aggressive the ai is in those missions. Even Heroic can be that to a degree. Legendary 99% of the time, you peek, you're near dead.

Even when I watch console players on Division streams, when they start getting flanked on Heroic and Legendary they cannot turn fast enough. Even simple things of running away without firing and checking out your surroundings, they're gimped on console.

Associate
I couldn't see him doing it with a controller.

I played D1 with a controller and played D2 with a controller for the first few months, both on pc. Then I taught myself keyboard and mouse because i wanted to see how different the 2 were.

Haven't gone back to controller. I can't use scopes with a controller because i can't aim precisely enough with it, even with assisted aim. There are some people who can aim precisely with a controller but it doesn't work for me.

V F

V F

Soldato
Yeah, there is a tiny percentage who can aim well on controller but most I've watched it takes them 3 - 6 seconds to line up their scope. As well as overshoot from the thumbsticks. When that has happened, they've lost 70 - 90% of their armour and health.

3 - 6 seconds is a lifetime when they start rushing you from all angles. Especially against the drone girls and grenadiers on Legendary.

Then you've got the other problem, I've seen the ai tilt their head very fast when you're about to snipe them. The Matrix style.

Soldato
I play with a controller and on Heroic with 2x directives :) I pretty much demolish anything in my path without much issue. If you need to do a 180 deg turn then yes you're screwed - best way is to either increase sensitivity or do a roll and auto cling to the nearest object whilst turning around. I do the latter the moment I feel a single bullet hit my back and it works well enough. I normally use KB/Cursors for gaming but since getting married...it all went downhill and I ended up swapping a PC desk for a chest of drawers, with the keyboard on my lap whilst I sat on a stool! - for 3yrs! My 360 wireless controllers became my eternal buddies!

Highly doubt this will work well on Legendary though but I haven't the time, nor patience to mess with that.

V F

V F

Soldato
Highly doubt this will work well on Legendary though but I haven't the time, nor patience to mess with that.

Legendaries is like lethal chess. They're fun though. There are so many bad scenarios to overcome with them. The worst being the drone girls. Their drones has no cool down and they're coming your way at 60mph. If you haven't staggered to your death, the grenadiers will have gotten you with their volley spam.

If that hasn't killed you with the slither of health left, the chungas that usually come in 3s, if you peek, your health is pretty much depleted. This part you usually can go through most of your med packs since they have aimbot aim constantly firing. With adds rushing in between them heading your way forcing you out of cover.

The worst part about the chungas is their stinger hives. If you or your team is in range of them, game over. Got to take out their backpacks fast. Destroy their ammo belts slows them right down then get the backpacks. That is usually where randoms fail. Either no damage, too close to them and not falling back or no crowd control.

One of the best reasons to play Legendary though is where most of the best god rolls drop. That's where I've been getting my upgrades from in the past months. Especially the mods.

Soldato
What does everyone do when they have done everything?

S3 up to 100 now, invaded for the week done and manhunt done.

League is not far off being done, got the exotic cache and got the last bit to do.

Kinda ran out of things to do at the moment but still want to play

V F

V F

Soldato
I'm finishing off the league, only 100-ish Hyena elite kills left I think... Completed the apparel event last night grinding Lincoln Memorial and Jefferson Trade Center with 125% directives to get it faster.

Have you completed The Summit and Ridgeway's Pride vest project? I'm always chasing exotic parts for my re-rolls.

Our group is also starting to practice Legendaries with all directives on for The Summit to do 100 Legendary floors with all 9 directives on, coming in TU11.1. That's going to be brutal.

I'm still chasing my perfect Famas, Providence and Walker & Harris god roll backpack with Vigilance. My current Famas is 1% away from perfect.

V F

V F

Soldato
Yeah but I blew 20 exotic parts last night and never got a god roll. It's not the first 20 exotic parts I've collected and blew 20 then got no decent re-roll. :/

Getting the parts is easy. Getting them to god roll is the pain in the ass.

Soldato
Urgh. Decided to have a second shot of The Summit. Since I don’t know the layout I just chose challenging and went full on LMG DPS. Managed to get to Lv21 before quitting out of sheer boredom. It’s just too samey, grindy and it isn’t a sodding skyscraper - just a bunch of randomised interconnected rooms!

Soldato
How/when do you get to do things like the summit and what have you? As a lowly level 13 that spends his time wandering the map, supplying control points, freeing hostages, preventing propaganda broadcasts etc, it sometime feels like I'm playing a different game to most of you.

Soldato
What you’re doing is what I do 90% of my time and at shd1500 or so I’m still not bored. I’m not sure if the summit is available to everyone at their early levels or what but it should be top right of the main map. I’d still play the game as you are really as there is a lot to learn mechanics wise. Best part of the game IMO!

Back
Top Bottom