• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE OFFICIAL AMD CHIPSET DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
Thats good enough for me, I tend not install drivers if windows hasn't any unknowns in device manager. Unless there is a specific need, if it aint broke .... :)
I do install gpu drivers, but tend not to update them if all is well.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Thats good enough for me, I tend not install drivers if windows hasn't any unknowns in device manager. Unless there is a specific need, if it aint broke .... :)
I do install gpu drivers, but tend not to update them if all is well.
I used to update more often in the past, these days I also think if it ain't broke don't fix it. Unless there is a new game coming out and there are drivers that help with it. When I do a clean install of windows (whenever I change GPU usually) I always go grab latest stuff though.

Soldato
Driver Name
Previous Version
New Version
Change Details

AMD Ryzen Power Plan /

AMD Processor Power Management Support

• Updated Ryzen™ 7 desktop setting to support power slider and quiescent mode
  • Updated Ryzen™ 7 mobile slider setting for Better Battery and Better Performance
AMD PCI Device Driver

1.0.0.82 Bug fixes
AMD I2C Driver

• Fixed the Synchronization when there is a delay
  • Robust Error Handling in case of ghost interrupt
AMD UART Driver

No Change
AMD GPIO2 Driver

No Change
PT GPIO Driver

No Change
AMD PSP Driver

No Change
AMD IOV Driver

1.2.0.52 New device ID support added
AMD SMBUS Driver

No Change
AMD AS4 ACPI Driver

No Change
AMD SFH I2C Driver

No Change
AMD USB Filter Driver

No Change
AMD SFH Driver

1.0.0.313 Human Object Detection (HOD) feature added
AMD CIR Driver

No Change
AMD MicroPEP Driver

No Change

Not a huge update by any means but always welcome.

Associate
Ryzen™ 7 desktop setting to support power slider and quiescent mode
that slider did nothing for my 5800X, I thought it was common to all Zen 3... Turns out only lucky 8core owners
Will test and see.
How is it supposed to behave anyway? I remember reading that with Zen 3 CPU itself is deciding about boost and idle, much faster that OS could.

Edit: Updated chipset drivers, slider still doesn't do anything

Last edited:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I used to update more often in the past, these days I also think if it ain't broke don't fix it. Unless there is a new game coming out and there are drivers that help with it. When I do a clean install of windows (whenever I change GPU usually) I always go grab latest stuff though.

Same, since chipset and GPU drivers are quite important, if the release does not state its fixed a) something I was experiencing or b) an improvement I would like to see I now leave alone (I like stability).

Caporegime
Same, since chipset and GPU drivers are quite important, if the release does not state its fixed a) something I was experiencing or b) an improvement I would like to see I now leave alone (I like stability).

Im the same, if it aint broke..............

Read some reports of these also not being able to be installed like the last set, and then they aren't able to get their previous set back on, or any at all. :p

Ree

Ree

Associate
mine looks normal currently 31 and my tower sits right next to a radiator which is on. gpu is only 1 degree warmer idling too.

Back
Top Bottom