Gaming Laptop

Soldato
Very happy with my ~1000GBP i5-10300H / RTX2060

I only game @ 1080, so the RTX2060 is plenty fast enough.

I'd pick one that suits your budget. I just happened to pick this one because it was the cheapest laptop I could find with an RTX2060, but I must admit, the build quality is better than others I've had (each time doing the same thing - finding the graphics card I can afford and going with whatever is the cheapest model - first it was Acer with GTX960M, then Medion with GTX1070, now Lenovo with RTX2060. The Lenovo is by far the nicest and has the best thermals, even though it's only 15").

Soldato
You could get the Auros 15P for that budget.

I7 10750H
2070 MaxQ
16 GB Ram
144Hz Screen

You can get cheaper with the same specs but if you favour build quaility and fan control Auros is a good pick.
MSI also has fan control options but I dont think the build quality is as good.

Really it depends on what is import to you.

Soldato
Check out the 17" Omen options in that price. The 17" Omen's nearly ALWAYS come with Max P GPU variants and not the cut-down MaxQ. The 15" Omen's are Max Q, but the 17" aren't, and typically have uprated cooling and decent power delivery etc.
Not perfect, but often some of the best value Max P GPU options in this country, and Max P with higher thermal and power limits can be considerably faster than MaxQ, especially in demanding titles which stress the cards and push the power limit.

Associate
So far, my posts have only been saying the same thing, but for a laptop, I recommend not buying Aorus. The hardware itself wasn't bad, but the chassis is just cheap plastic and glue. The lid on mine is completely broken and it's going to cost me more for the lid than an entire new monitor would.

Associate
Ive gone with the Legion 5P AMD Ryzen 7 4800H , RTX2060 , just needed to up the Ram to 16GB

Think ive made a good choice at £999

Just wondered if you've received your Legion 5P yet and if so, what do you think of it?

I've been considering this model as well so any pros/cons you've found so far would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom