Is the Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AX available in the UK?

Associate
Hello to all

As per the title, I'm trying to find out if the Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AX has ever been available in the UK?

This board is listed on the official site: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550-AORUS-PRO-AX-rev-10/gallery#gallery but I've never been able to locate one listed at a retailer.

The far more commonly seen and available option is the B550 AORUS PRO AC: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550-AORUS-PRO-AC-rev-1x/gallery#gallery

My reason for preferring the AX version is that it sacrifices one rear USB 3.2 Gen 2 port in favour of a USB 3.2 Gen 2 case header.

I'd greatly appreciate any input from those that have been able to locate one in these parts. Many thanks :)

Soldato
Hello to all

As per the title, I'm trying to find out if the Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AX has ever been available in the UK?

This board is listed on the official site: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550-AORUS-PRO-AX-rev-10/gallery#gallery but I've never been able to locate one listed at a retailer.

The far more commonly seen and available option is the B550 AORUS PRO AC: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550-AORUS-PRO-AC-rev-1x/gallery#gallery

My reason for preferring the AX version is that it sacrifices one rear USB 3.2 Gen 2 port in favour of a USB 3.2 Gen 2 case header.

I'd greatly appreciate any input from those that have been able to locate one in these parts. Many thanks :)

Seems gigabyte has changed naming.

Was meant to be Pro AC V2 ! You can see this with the Elite Line up of WiFi and non WiFi having V2

Second design batch included internal C port header .

@GIGA-Man might know any ETA but resellers have to clear out stock of current

Associate
OP
@orbitalwalsh Thank you very much for that information. I had no idea that V2 versions of certain Gigabyte boards existed!

I did just take a comparative look at the non WiFi Elite V1 + V2 and sure enough there's a similar type of deal going on.

Hopefully I'll just have to sit tight and hope that the AORUS PRO AX might morph into a V2, ready for release.

Associate
Hello guy's,

There's version 2 on the way due to power delivery re-design because of the shortage of doublers in the market. Almost all of the new V2 boards have front facing USB C headers added to them. Stock is starting to ship now from the EU warehouse. It should be in stock any time from now.

Associate
OP
I've been doing a little bit of research on the AC V1 board in anticipation of the V2 arrival and noticed multiple reports of users having issues with USB2 ports. It's apparently a well known issue although I was unaware of this: https://www.pcseekers.tech/2020/08/gigabyte-b550-aorus-pro-usb-issues.html

I'm looking to select a board that has as many USB2 ports as possible as they'll be needed for my many Sim rig peripherals.

I'm now thinking that although the upcoming V2 board will have some changes, USB2 functionality won't be one of them. The Gigabyte boards look perfectly suited to my needs but I'm now wondering if avoiding both of these boards might be my best choice even though no other brand offers the same amount of ports?

Associate
I would suggest you to wait for a month or so after the release of the newer version, may be they did fix the USB issue may be not. Considering you need the USB2 functionality my suggestion is to hold on for at least a month so that you can review user experiences and then pull the plug on the board that suits you best.

Associate
OP
@GIGA-Man Are you able to shed any more light on when we might see the AORUS PRO AC V2 or AORUS PRO AX might finally reach the UK stores?

I have seen a pre order page up on an Australian retailer site but still nothing at all for the UK.

Associate
OP
@GIGA-Man While I'm still in this interim waiting period, would you happen to know if the B550 Vision D will also be released in a revised "V2" version along with the others that have already been mentioned?

I'm yet to see any of the planned V2 boards listed in the UK but my current assumption is that they are being held back in order to synchronise with the Zen 3 release.

Soldato
@GIGA-Man While I'm still in this interim waiting period, would you happen to know if the B550 Vision D will also be released in a revised "V2" version along with the others that have already been mentioned?

I'm yet to see any of the planned V2 boards listed in the UK but my current assumption is that they are being held back in order to synchronise with the Zen 3 release.

guessing your after the front internal USB C connector as that would be the only change .

have a feel if @GIGA-Man has said distribution have them, resellers are waiting too clear stocks . nice excuses for SSD deals rto clear them off as still USB C isn't mainstream on Cases as of yet :(

Associate

A none RTX 30 related question, how refreshing :)

There are no plans in the long term for any B550 VISION board that I know.

Associate
OP
A none RTX 30 related question, how refreshing :)

There are no plans in the long term for any B550 VISION board that I know.

Thank you for always coming back to answer and give the best information that you have to hand, especially in the midst of the recent RTX related bombardment you are being hit with. It is much appreciated :)

Associate
OP
Hello guy's,

There's version 2 on the way due to power delivery re-design because of the shortage of doublers in the market. Almost all of the new V2 boards have front facing USB C headers added to them. Stock is starting to ship now from the EU warehouse. It should be in stock any time from now.

Hi @GIGA-Man, would you happen to have any more recent knowledge on the movement of this V2 stock?

Back
Top Bottom