Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Soldato
The old sports/supercars do make the modern stuff look fat though. They are much more compact and more tightly packaged.

Also they are far better looking :)

Caporegime
@Scania what is this and where can I get one :D
It’s Zippy from Rainbow, wearing a face mask of course in these times... :D

Here’s a photo of him plus my Pig both of which decorate my cab along with Animal from the muppets and a cuddly Gorilla.... :D

j3BLAFc.jpg

pkHFaf4.jpg

Both are currently wearing masks as well - I get lots of laughs from other drivers when they see them - I’ll get a better photo tomorrow... :D

Associate
It’s Zippy from Rainbow, wearing a face mask of course in these times... :D

Here’s a photo of him plus my Pig both of which decorate my cab along with Animal from the muppets and a cuddly Gorilla.... :D

j3BLAFc.jpg

pkHFaf4.jpg

Both are currently wearing masks as well - I get lots of laughs from other drivers when they see them - I’ll get a better photo tomorrow... :D

Love it, thankyou :D

Caporegime
https://www.facebook.com/TWRJaguarXJ220S.V.C0071/posts/d41d8cd9/671769949580002/

Found another pic of that Jag if anyones interested. Yes, Facebook link.

Must be worth a fair bit now even though it's still being drove (albeit probably very rarely)
You guys are great at spotting rare classics, and they don't come more unusual than this Jaguar XJ220S TWR, which Peter Dykins snapped while travelling down the A51 near Stone.
Only six examples were ever built for homologation purposes. The majority of the aluminium bodywork was replaced by carbon fibre, reducing the overall weight by 400kg to just 1080kg.
What a rocket, and what a spot!
I took those photo's on the A50 (stationary) near Blythe Bridge which isn't very far from Stone, most likely the same beast.

Caporegime
I did some looking into those XJ220-S'

7 made. 400KG lighter than standard, lots of carbon fibre, 690HP. Basically road going versions of the XJ220-C race car.

They also made the 7 in different colours, so effectively the one you spotted is a 1 of 1.

There is a dark blue, a silver, an orange, a bright yellow, a magnolia yellow, a light blue, and a bright green. :)

Also, unpopular opinion time... They look incredible, but I don't think they sound that good... :eek:

Back
Top Bottom