• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AN UNMITIGATED DISASTER

Associate
To be fair, it would be some achievement to balls it up more than this.... :D
Don't set them a challenge!

When the meteors hit and ignite all the natural gas, how am I going to heat my home if I don't have a power hungry space heater?!
TBF, the background radiation and residual heat of the apocalypse will make it harder to maintain low GPU temps. You'll want a good AIB card for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

fx1

fx1

Associate
OP
Or to increase your stock market share and get more investors. Dunno why, maybe they have a big purchase planned of another company somewhere... :confused::confused:

thats not how it works. When you buy shares in Nvidia today Nvidia doesnt sell them to you.

Soldato
I feel sorry for OCUK the most, imagine all the 1000's for orders they have placed with suppliers for these cards and have had to pay up front for them all. That must be hundreds of thousands of pounds sitting in the wallets of MSI, EVGA etc, which will only be slightly offset by the slight more hundreds of thousands sitting in OCUK's bank account, due to the retail mark up. That is how it works isn't it?

Soldato
I feel sorry for OCUK the most, imagine all the 1000's for orders they have placed with suppliers for these cards and have had to pay up front for them all. That must be hundreds of thousands of pounds sitting in the wallets of MSI, EVGA etc, which will only be slightly offset by the slight more hundreds of thousands sitting in OCUK's bank account, due to the retail mark up. That is how it works isn't it?

I can't see them paying up front for them.

Soldato
No point quoting deuse since he blocked me, but the retail markup on graphics cards is negligible

Exactly, so OCUK taking all this flack from their customers, when it is only something like a net £42.37 sitting in their account. Unless it is true that OCUK have placed all their orders without having to pay anything up front. :eek:

Soldato

This made me LOL

Of course they don't pay the manufacturers up front, and when they eventually do pay the manufacturers a couple of months later it will be minus the large gouge.

Soldato
To be fair, it would be some achievement to balls it up more than this.... :D

Another problem AMD have is that a good proportion of their prospective customers will be angry Nvidia order'ers so even if the wait for an AMD card isn't actually as bad they will still be worse for these people... Still, luckily i have no money for a GPU right now so i get to sit and watch it all unfold. :D

Soldato

Just lolz, poor OCUK...they don't pay up front for cards, but they've got everyone's money up front for cards they can't deliver (and as DD pointed out they'll keep the gouge). The whole launch was a scam from start to finish. An NV/retailer co-ordinated cash-grab.

End of story.

Back
Top Bottom