Wireless rechargeable outdoor camera?

Soldato
Not sure if @WJA96 agrees but generally speaking where ICO/Law is concerned, I’ve always treated my CCTV as a “show that I’m doing my best to comply” sort of angle. For example:
  • Purpose of CCTV is clearly for security purposes. Mainly capturing my property and/or clearly focussed on property access.
  • Clear signage, black on yellow
  • No audio
  • Video kept for only 14 days, securely and not shared.
  • Respond to any requests within 28 days (by which time data will be deleted anyway).
According to ICO you don’t need to register at all for domestic CCTV.

Essentially so long you’re not taking the biscuit, you’d only have issues in exceptional circumstances like for the example given of long term recording of public near a school.

Good start for a read, but goes further: https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/domestic-cctv-systems-guidance-for-people-using-cctv/

Associate
ICO and the whole camera thing is an absolute joke IMO. it should not be allowed under any circumstances for a private individual to have domestic cameras that take or record footage outside of their boundaries. Dealing with this currently with an idiot next door neighbor. My own personal privacy should be more important then another persons paranoia.

Now i am all for CCTV that only capture on their own boundaries. Seems like 99.9% of the people with them though are indeed capturing outside of this in some way.

Soldato
ICO and the whole camera thing is an absolute joke IMO. it should not be allowed under any circumstances for a private individual to have domestic cameras that take or record footage outside of their boundaries. Dealing with this currently with an idiot next door neighbor. My own personal privacy should be more important then another persons paranoia.

Now i am all for CCTV that only capture on their own boundaries. Seems like 99.9% of the people with them though are indeed capturing outside of this in some way.

Not recording outside of your boundaries is, most of the time, extremely hard. However, many CCTV solutions have a privacy zones you can create which black out areas being captured, so you might want to check this with them.

You have a right to privacy and as such you should contact the neighbour about it and try and resolve the matter amicably. If you're unable to, you can issue Subject Access Requests which they have to respond to and might force them to do something about what they're capturing. Failing that you can report to ICO and try and get them involved or report to the police if you feel it's harassment.

https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matter...-the-use-of-a-home-cctv-system-what-can-i-do/

Worth noting however, before you go ahead with anything, ask yourself whether you really want to open this can of worms with your neighbour.

Last edited:
Associate
I see dash cams are mentioned, do they still get stolen or every time you park do you have to hide them away, although I expect the brackets are visible

Associate
Have a look at arlo from Netgear. Used then to catch a lodger who spent his time selling my stuff to pay the rent.. but apart from that an amazing bit if kit.

Free version of the cloud system gives some storage/history paid version is great for longer periods.

Another vote for Arlo. Not the cheapest but it just works, good quality kit and easy to upgrade / maintain.

nam

nam

Soldato
this! have the Hikvision DS-2CD2355FWD-I 5MP which i got in 2018 but the quality of Eufy is more than good enough without the hassle of wiring and NVR or disk storage.

The eufy 2c cameras are on offer as we speak, can recommend with using them myself. Sure its not going to beat the quality of a wired system but good for the price point

Associate
I've ended up ordering a Blink XT2, it might not be the best, but it fit my budget, thanks again for all the replies.
To be honest I would have probably gone with the Blink had they been out when I brought the Arlo, but at the time they weren't. A couple of guys in the office have the Blink and are very happy with them.

Back
Top Bottom