I Designed a Geekfest 1990s PC Gaming Mug

Soldato
I dunno about anyone else but for me the 90's was just unrivaled in PC gaming. Amazing, passion project games and huge technological leaps. I guess for everyone its different but for me this is when I was weaned onto PC gaming and had some amazing time in these games. I know I am missing some crucial games, and you might have chosen different ones to show but this is my mug lol.

Capture.png

Capture1.png

Capture2.png

Soldato
OP
Quake II instead of Quake 1? Hmmf.
IKR. There is something of an anomoly in my life there. Despite my best efforts I never really played or enjoyed Quake 1 (And yes I know I am an outlier). I think I was just too busy playing Duke3D all of 1996 and went straight onto Quake 2. But I get that most people love it.

Caporegime
I used to love games like Full Throttle, Day of the Tentacle and the Discworld games.

what I also loved about gaming back then was the product itself. It was a real treat to get games with proper boxes then.

I remember the box to Discworld 2. It was like a work of art with beautiful drawings and gold embossed lettering. I treasured the box as much as the game back then.

Man of Honour
Good effort but needs Alone in the Dark. That game was the grandfather of so many amazing games.

Haven't thought about that game for a long while. It was class.

One thing that was special about that era was there didn't seem to be so many realeases and genres. Fewer better releases that anyone I knew with a PC would also be playing.

In our student digs we had 2 PCs linked togerther with a cable for multiplayer doom. It was amazing TWO players!

Capodecina
Soldato
Haven't thought about that game for a long while. It was class.

One thing that was special about that era was there didn't seem to be so many realeases and genres. Fewer better releases that anyone I knew with a PC would also be playing.

In our student digs we had 2 PCs linked togerther with a cable for multiplayer doom. It was amazing TWO players!

My brother is particularly proud of completing the final level of Doom on Nightmare mode in one minute 12 seconds. I don't know if that's good, but he's proud of it.

Back
Top Bottom