• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Feels like the only hope for Eagles now is that the delays have meant they've been able to build up some kind of backlog that means the deliveries put them more in line with what has already been delivered for other AIBs in terms of overall quantity (i.e they get 100 Eagles in or something).

Obviously that is clutching at enough straws to build an Eagle nest, but otherwise it feels like 99% of us are going to be waiting until 2021 before we get a sniff of the card. Feels like if Id ordered just about any other card I was looking at, Id have had a chance of next month :D

Will be interesting to see when shipments genuinely pick up - the pace of them slowly seems to be increasing, but the raw quantities do not.

Associate
Did you forget we've got some world-class corporate lawyers here? They even managed to legally redefine "pre-order"

At one point, I thought we would be needing world-class criminal lawyers after someone claimed to have called the police on OCUK because he didn't get his preorder the next day or because the price went up whilst he was checking out; I forget.

Those first couple of days after the disastrous day one launch were hilarious.

Associate
I do wonder....
If you already have a 2080 on a sub standard rig. Say an i7 in a poor motherboard with a slow SSD.

Would you be well advised to cancel the 3080 and use the cash to upgrade around your existing 2080? Uplift on pcie 3.0 is not going to be massive, is it?

Associate
Feels like the only hope for Eagles now is that the delays have meant they've been able to build up some kind of backlog that means the deliveries put them more in line with what has already been delivered for other AIBs in terms of overall quantity (i.e they get 100 Eagles in or something).

Obviously that is clutching at enough straws to build an Eagle nest, but otherwise it feels like 99% of us are going to be waiting until 2021 before we get a sniff of the card. Feels like if Id ordered just about any other card I was looking at, Id have had a chance of next month :D

Will be interesting to see when shipments genuinely pick up - the pace of them slowly seems to be increasing, but the raw quantities do not.

Yes, it is not the list you want to be on (along with TUF). An OK but basic card and an enormous queue that isn't moving. Anyone ordering after 3.30 on the 17th stand almost no hope of seeing one in 2020 and after 3,15 looks pretty unlikely.

People say not to blame OC, but in this queue we would be foolish not to. "Erroneously" giving delivery dates of 23rd September for many of us made this queue much bigger than it would have been. I for one would have been in a different queue (probably at a different supplier) had this not happened. 30 of these were being ordered every minute for a long period because of the "error". And now OC haven't actually dispatched 1 card.

Associate
I wonder how much money OcUK will lose with all the people who will cancel from either getting bored of waiting or for jumping ship to a Navi card (most likely with another supplier ). The wasted admin time to process all the orders, refunds and not to mention the credit card fees won't be insignificant.

It's almost as if it is a smart idea that their competitors are capping so called "pre-orders" or not taking orders in advance of actually receiving the stock.

God knows why OcUK are continuing to take peoples money. One thing for certain is it isn't to improve their buying clout with Nvidia and the AIB manufacturers as they clearly have non.

I must be missing a trick here. Perhaps they like ******* us off.

Edit to add. This isn't about me being impatient for my order it's an observation on how poorly this is being run.

Last edited:
Soldato
I do wonder....
If you already have a 2080 on a sub standard rig. Say an i7 in a poor motherboard with a slow SSD.

Would you be well advised to cancel the 3080 and use the cash to upgrade around your existing 2080? Uplift on pcie 3.0 is not going to be massive, is it?

PCI-E 3 vs 4 is a non issue currently. The benchmarks are within the margin of error. You've got to drop it back to PCI-E 3.0 x8 to see a minor impact.

Associate
At least the MSI deliveries are starting to pick up. Hopefully it stays at around the ~100 card mark a week so I can have mine before christmas as im 530 in queue as of last week.

Associate
Yes, it is not the list you want to be on (along with TUF). An OK but basic card and an enormous queue that isn't moving. Anyone ordering after 3.30 on the 17th stand almost no hope of seeing one in 2020 and after 3,15 looks pretty unlikely.

People say not to blame OC, but in this queue we would be foolish not to. "Erroneously" giving delivery dates of 23rd September for many of us made this queue much bigger than it would have been. I for one would have been in a different queue (probably at a different supplier) had this not happened. 30 of these were being ordered every minute for a long period because of the "error". And now OC haven't actually dispatched 1 card.

I ordered 3080 early Oct. chap said 1 or 2 months. Probably stupid of me not to realise, that’s a big margin of unknown.
Let’s just hope they don’t go bust in the meantime!

Associate
I wonder how much money OcUK will lose with all the people who will cancel from either getting bored of waiting or for jumping ship to a Navi card (most likely with another supplier ). The wasted admin time to process all the orders, refunds and not to mention the credit card fees won't be insignificant.

It's almost as if it is a smart idea that their competitors are capping so called "pre-orders" or not taking orders in advance of actually receiving the stock.

God knows why OcUK are continuing to take peoples money. One thing for certain is it isn't to improve their buying clout with Nvidia and the AIB manufacturers as they clearer have non.

I must be missing a trick here. Perhaps they like ******* us off.

Edit to add. This isn't about me being impatient for my order it's an observation on how poorly this is being run.
Well some people don't want to wait around spamming F5 and they'd rather just join a queue, no matter how long it will take. Don't blame em.

Associate
Exciting times!

Code:
3080 Gaming Trio - Large amount shopping 23rd with a small additional amount shipping 31st

I was 83rd in queue in my last email update, there's a chance I'll have a card shipping either this week, or if the large shipment is on the lower end of the scale then the week after. Fingers crossed.

Does he mean shipping from OC Warehouse or shipping from MSI to OC Warehouse? I'm 54th in queue so should be good to get one of the large shipment.

Associate
what about the gigabyte gaming OC deliveries?
I don't think there are/will be any. There were a few last week I am guessing that was what was produced Pre-Golden week. I think it will be dry for a week or two as the Asian Holiday shows impact and we will hopefully see MSI sized (OK-Large volumes) first two weeks of November, this way I get mine for CP2077 hehe (143 in queue). This being said a competitor is expecting a delivery this week 21-23rd on GB but this could be the AUROS cards that Gibbo mentioned and were tweeted last week...

Associate
I don't think there are/will be any. There were a few last week I am guessing that was what was produced Pre-Golden week. I think it will be dry for a week or two as the Asian Holiday shows impact and we will hopefully see MSI sized (OK-Large volumes) first two weeks of November, this way I get mine for CP2077 hehe (143 in queue). This being said a competitor is expecting a delivery this week 21-23rd on GB but this could be the AUROS cards that Gibbo mentioned and were tweeted last week...
That is what is so annoying. I want it for Cyberpunk lol

Back
Top Bottom