• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Aorus cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Not entirely true. E-tailer in Europe
http://imgur.com/gallery/GQ66K73
I said in USA and Canada, Aorus decided to give the first batch of 3080 Xtreme through the queue system they had made few days ago, not any retailer in US has any stock for 3080 Xtreme while in Europe they still send to retailers to fullfill their backorders. In USA no retailer open for backorder except Adorama but I have no hope for them, Aorus Gigabyte is doing good job to help the gamer and enthusiantist a chance to get their top of the line card. Totally no chance for scalper unless they get in the line of Aorus queue.

Associate
FWIW i think a lot of people will cancel their orders if a 20gb 3080 comes out (or the amd card is fantastic) so if you are prepared to stick with these I reckon you'll get one sooner than you think. Ill be cancelling if a 20gb offering appears i think.

Associate
I said in USA and Canada, Aorus decided to give the first batch of 3080 Xtreme through the queue system they had made few days ago, not any retailer in US has any stock for 3080 Xtreme while in Europe they still send to retailers to fullfill their backorders. In USA no retailer open for backorder except Adorama but I have no hope for them, Aorus Gigabyte is doing good job to help the gamer and enthusiantist a chance to get their top of the line card. Totally no chance for scalper unless they get in the line of Aorus queue.

Ahh ok, I misunderstood sorry. I get it now.

Associate
Don't suppose being 500ish in the que (even though I ordered on release day haha) would mean I at least get the card before the end of the year?
In reference to the Eagle 3080 btw.

Associate
A uk competitor had the Xtreme in stock this morning to buy. I held off as at £939 I just could not see the sense in spending so much over the founders card. But they ARE in the UK, albeit now sold out.

Associate
FWIW i think a lot of people will cancel their orders if a 20gb 3080 comes out (or the amd card is fantastic) so if you are prepared to stick with these I reckon you'll get one sooner than you think. Ill be cancelling if a 20gb offering appears i think.

Me too, this whole 3090X saga plus losing £1700 on the 24th of September has left a bitter taste in my mouth. Adding the fact that more cards will get released (20gb/AMD, even Ti variants) and the specs on the 3090X doesn't exactly look great against the Strix!! If anything remotely similar pops up i will order an alternative. The way that Nvidia treats its customers it wouldn't surprise me to see a 3090ti in 6 months time

Associate
But these are the 3080 Xtremes.
I am still waiting for an positive outcome on the 3090 Xtreme.
@GIGA-Man , we bet on you, Sir!

You guys have the best air cooler out there, just beat Asus now and deliver! We all believe in you, Gigabyte!

Soldato
Me too, this whole 3090X saga plus losing £1700 on the 24th of September has left a bitter taste in my mouth. Adding the fact that more cards will get released (20gb/AMD, even Ti variants) and the specs on the 3090X doesn't exactly look great against the Strix!! If anything remotely similar pops up i will order an alternative. The way that Nvidia treats its customers it wouldn't surprise me to see a 3090ti in 6 months time

diff between strix and xtreme, 4 yr vs 3 yr warranty foor very very expensive cards ! and better customer service . plus the fact Xtreme/Masters are HUGE! so much heatsink ! can see why in reviews they run cooler then other cards with less rpm

@GIGA-Man will reviews come out for the cards when more stock lands? seems asus have been dishing out few strix cards =/

Associate

Hi there where is this queue located? I cannot find any Aorus xtreme rtx 3080's on any Gigabyte web site in the USA or Canada. Is it a queue for use by Gigabyte Wholesale for allocation to retailers or a direct site?

Associate
diff between strix and xtreme, 4 yr vs 3 yr warranty foor very very expensive cards ! and better customer service . plus the fact Xtreme/Masters are HUGE! so much heatsink ! can see why in reviews they run cooler then other cards with less rpm

@GIGA-Man will reviews come out for the cards when more stock lands? seems asus have been dishing out few strix cards =/

Yes, samples are very limited for these as you can tell from the initial shipments. There will be some but there are other sku's launching too that need focus.

Associate
@GIGA-Man Quick question, is the TDP for the Xtreme set to be increased in a bios update? I've seen from posted bios' that the Master has an extra 10w on the xtreme, surely this shouldn't be the case with the xtreme having a 3 pin design?

Associate
Hi there where is this queue located? I cannot find any Aorus xtreme rtx 3080's on any Gigabyte web site in the USA or Canada. Is it a queue for use by Gigabyte Wholesale for allocation to retailers or a direct site?
They opened on their Aorus community channel, it is closed in the same day (10/16/2020),I was late too because I had not added their page on FB. You should like their page for future update because I think they will give more batch of Xtreme 3080. That is the way they prevent bot to get their top of the line card. Here is the link on FB about that event, they also have discord server and announced the same time:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/AORUS/permalink/2784647171811258/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom